New Reality of the Situation

AUght2win

Forget completely about the affair accusations. They don't matter. Looks like total bunk. Whether or not it began this domino effect and who started that rumor is ultimately irrelevant. 

Like it or not, the real issue at hand is whether or not Harsin can continue recruiting for Auburn. That's what this is going to come down to. In many ways, it's what has always been at the core of this.

Recruiting was already suffering mightily. 8th in the SEC. Big time portal struggles this cycle. Junior day was a disaster. The cherry on top was not a single player signed on NSD. Not even a 2 star project from Montgomery or something. 

A bad situation went to critical when all these former, prominent, players publicly detailed their negative accounts of what it's like to play for Harsin. I don't think Smoke and those kids fully understand what they just did. It's going to be so easy for other programs to talk prospects out of coming to Auburn, now. All they've got to do is show them that footage and a bunch of players' tweets.

So regardless of whether those kids are soft. Regardless of whether Harsin is a jerk. Regardless of his plan. Regardless of culture. Regardless of accusations or the who "for cause" debate.

The ONLY question now is: is it even going to be possible for Harsin to recruit for Auburn anymore? Can he go forward after this? I'm honestly not sure. But whether it's fair or unfair, if this whole fiasco has done irreparable damage to his appeal to recruits, he can't be here anymore. 

Personally, I think the best thing for Auburn would be if somehow CBH could survive and rally. But it's going to take a massive PR campaign to fix this recruiting problem.

This is what the decision is going to come down to. 

• Like 8

Hard to argue with your points. If the term "Auburn man" means anything it means that you don't show your butt on social media because you had a negative experience at the school, perceived or otherwise. It might be an inherent issue going forward with the transfer portal, the NIL etc. It's hard to imagine a lot of kids being loyal to anything but themselves and their alleged "brands" Give Bo Nix credit. He hasn't showed out on social media. This is getting depressing. Being a sports fan has always been kind of a wild roller coaster ride, but this is rough.

• Like 3

Some good points.  I’m worried about recruiting after this. Not only for Harsin, but after he is gone.  We’ve gone crime the best fan base in the nation to the worst in quick order.  Good point about Bo Nix.  

• Like 2

If Harsin survives this and manages to change the AU football culture for good, he will be on the same level as Superman, Captain America, Chuck Norris, and Wade Christopher!!!!   It would take the greatest miracle in AU sports history, which is full of miracles!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Forget completely about the affair accusations. They don't matter. Looks like total bunk. Whether or not it began this domino effect and who started that rumor is ultimately irrelevant. 

Like it or not, the real issue at hand is whether or not Harsin can continue recruiting for Auburn. That's what this is going to come down to. In many ways, it's what has always been at the core of this.

Recruiting was already suffering mightily. 8th in the SEC. Big time portal struggles this cycle. Junior day was a disaster. The cherry on top was not a single player signed on NSD. Not even a 2 star project from Montgomery or something. 

A bad situation went to critical when all these former, prominent, players publicly detailed their negative accounts of what it's like to play for Harsin. I don't think Smoke and those kids fully understand what they just did. It's going to be so easy for other programs to talk prospects out of coming to Auburn, now. All they've got to do is show them that footage and a bunch of players' tweets.

So regardless of whether those kids are soft. Regardless of whether Harsin is a jerk. Regardless of his plan. Regardless of culture. Regardless of accusations or the who "for cause" debate.

The ONLY question now is: is it even going to be possible for Harsin to recruit for Auburn anymore? Can he go forward after this? I'm honestly not sure. But whether it's fair or unfair, if this whole fiasco has done irreparable damage to his appeal to recruits, he can't be here anymore. 

Personally, I think the best thing for Auburn would be if somehow CBH could survive and rally. But it's going to take a massive PR campaign to fix this recruiting problem.

The recruiting or lack of at the end of this cycle were most likely orchestrated attacks rumor wise being passed through the correct channels. That being said for him to be successful moving forward would mean that the rumors need to be debunked and someone needs to answer to them. That being said if that isn’t capable if happening then unfortunately he will be gone. 

31 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I think the thing that truly tells me the situation is Smoke Monday’s comment. Smoke said that Harsin had never even taken the time to meet his parents and didn’t know their name. I see no reason for Smoke to make that comment unless it was true. He was a good team player . He was allowed to play so there can’t be a reason to speak I’ll against Harsin. I think that might just some up things like maybe Harsin thinks he is better than other folks. You can bet good coaches know everyone of the players parents and takes time to meet with them. I can remember AU coaches often talking about players parents. I haven’t heard one time where Harsin talked about player’s families or even about the players themselves. Listen to Bruce talk about his players on a personal level not just how they played ball. This is college not pro and coaches need to be better leaders of these young men instead of just winning games. While I might have had disagreements with Gus’s game management , one thing was certain that Gus spent time with his players away from the football field and Gus’s wife did also.just saying. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The crybabies on social media didn't sign up for Harsin and they are entitled to their opinions and I'm glad they hit the road if they couldn't adapt to the new culture. It's going to take him getting his guys on scholarship, and his coaches under contract. Then the tide will turn. Question is, will the big money jack asses allow it to happen.

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

The crybabies on social media didn't sign up for Harsin and they are entitled to their opinions and I'm glad they hit the road if they couldn't adapt to the new culture. It's going to take him getting his guys on scholarship, and his coaches under contract. Then the tide will turn. Question is, will the big money jack asses allow it to happen.

Show me where you think Harsin improved Auburn football this year. And describe how his improvement produced ending the season with 5 straight losses that hadn’t happened since 1950. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

Hard to argue with your points. If the term "Auburn man" means anything it means that you don't show your butt on social media because you had a negative experience at the school, perceived or otherwise. It might be an inherent issue going forward with the transfer portal, the NIL etc. It's hard to imagine a lot of kids being loyal to anything but themselves and their alleged "brands" Give Bo Nix credit. He hasn't showed out on social media. This is getting depressing. Being a sports fan has always been kind of a wild roller coaster ride, but this is rough.

Word is that some of these kids told recruits not to come to Auburn WHILE they were still AT Auburn.

• Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Show me where you think Harsin improved Auburn football this year. And describe how his improvement produced ending the season with 5 straight losses that hadn’t happened since 1950. 

I think it is obvious, that there was trouble in the locker room, from the attitude of those who left, and have pouted on social media. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No matter what the facts actually are, I see no way that Harsin can recruit successfully after this. Not that it was going too good before.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Word is that some of these kids told recruits not to come to Auburn WHILE they were still AT Auburn.

Well, let's hope the word on the street is wrong.  

It's a new era of recruiting and portal transfers and recruiting your own players to stay, along with the NIL - pay for play.  Honestly,  it's a mess to orchestrate. 

Just now, tigers23 said:

No matter what the facts actually are, I see no way that Harsin can recruit successfully after this. Not that it was going too good before.

He’ll need a strong year this fall to begin to overcome it. He may also need more attrition first.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Harsin is culpable too. He's done pretty terribly recruiting. And it isn't anybody's fault but his. Stuff like the Jr. Day fiasco is inexcusable. 

• Like 3

I think Auburn is going to get rid of him regardless but I don't think we should just gloss over these accusations. I want to see of they are true or not because that will be very telling.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Is our NIL program capable of reaching the blue chippers? It will need to be more than just autographed footballs.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/auburn-sports/if-we-do-not-set-up-an-organization-to-manage-nil-it-doesnt-matter-who-the-coach-is/101142209/

There's already an NIL management organization. Nilauburn.com

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think Auburn is going to get rid of him regardless but I don't think we should just gloss over these accusations. I want to see of they are true or not because that will be very telling.

I haven't seen anything that constitutes anything other than being a dick. Unless you're referring to the staffer relationship. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

There's already an NIL management organization. Nilauburn.com

Which is good. It's going to need to reach the big fish though.

Harsin couldnt recruit players to Auburn before any of this happened. Why would anybody believe he can now?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Harsin is culpable too. He's done pretty terribly recruiting. And it isn't anybody's fault but his. Stuff like the Jr. Day fiasco is inexcusable. 

That's what I don't get......why people are trying to make Harsin out to be some some kind of martyr. He has done a very,very bad job and created a disaster. He is not the kind of guy who can salvage this situation. 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 6
  • Dislike 3

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I haven't seen anything that constitutes anything other than being a dick. Unless you're referring to the staffer relationship. 

Yeah. Like you I agree he probably won't be able to finish at Auburn. Unfortunately, I think the damage is done. However, if all of these rumors are found to just be that, I am going to be extremely disappointed in how this witch hunt has occurred.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

That's what I don't get......why people are trying to make Harsin pot to be some some kind of martyr. He has done a very,very bad job and created a disaster. He is not the kind of guy who can salvage this situation. 

But he also doesn't deserved to be fired "with cause" if there's absolutely no proof of wrongdoing. If Auburn wants to fire him, fire him. Don't trump up false allegations. Pay the man. Honor your word.

• Like 5