Calling on support for Coach Harsin

Rednilla

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

For CBH to get there he is going to have to grow tremendously as an individual in my humble opinion. There is a reason so much chaos is happening from a football standpoint. The results on and off the field speaks for themselves. I am talking CBH the football coach here and not the personal accusations.

@cole256put it well in another thread. 

His current actions, a**hole nature, and having zero desire to do anything outside of football might not be a fireable offense, but they will undoubtedly lead to his firing 

6 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

But of course he will never be given the opportunity to do this, because after 1 year on the job we've blown him up. Nice job. You talk a lot about the psychology of how to deal with people, but we don't do that as fans or PTBs, it goes both ways.

Instead of trying to work with him, to understand and help him get better as a person. Instead of helping him recruit by building a positive public image. Instead of showing the world what a great positive place AU is...  We accuse, berate, dismiss, and possibly build a list of false accusations in the public to try our best to undermine and get rid of him. Then say how embarrassed we are about it all.. 

The fans have nothing to do with the actions of individuals inside the football department.My point is everyone has to be accountable for their own actions. Now, if you knew anything about my posting history, which you have shown you don't, I have been absolutely in support of CBH the person and saying those passing along false rumors should be held accountable. In fact I have said this in this very thread.

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, gabo4au said:

But of course he will never be given the opportunity to do this, because after 1 year on the job we've blown him up. Nice job. You talk a lot about the psychology of how to deal with people, but we don't do that as fans or PTBs, it goes both ways.

Instead of trying to work with him, to understand and help him get better as a person. Instead of helping him recruit by building a positive public image. Instead of showing the world what a great positive place AU is...  We accuse, berate, dismiss, and possibly build a list of false accusations in the public to try our best to undermine and get rid of him. Then say how embarrassed we are about it all.. 

Per a lot if ppl he doesn't want anyone's help. His way is the right way and doesn't. Need to change.

Coaches are all different to a degree. Harsin’s core attributes have made him extremely successful so he shouldn’t have to quit being himself. But he did make a huge cultural shift, both socially and football wise from Boise to Auburn. He will need to change some approaches and he seems smart enough to figure that out. It sounds like he needs to start being a better listener to the many trying to help him. 

That said, like it or not Auburn football has a bad reputation for meddling with coaches. It has been earned through the years through several events.. Any coach who comes here now will likely come locked and cocked for a fight and it sounds like thats what happened with Harsin. 

If CBH stays, he has to be accountable for his role in this situation and make some changes. And I hope he is allowed to do that without external interference. If we fire him, I hope it is based on hard facts and not just the opinions of a few players. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Didba said:

Man I wish she didn't have me on ignore. I have roasted her so many times in the last 2-3 days.

LMAO! What you have accomplished in the last few days is confirm that you are a self aggrandizing blowhard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gabo4au said:

Nobody on this board has any sway worth a hoot when it comes to the stuff you’ve mentioned. We’re just fans having discussion. Support or don’t support it doesn’t really matter because what I do is talk about it on here then go about my life. I don’t worry about Auburn football enough that it actually really affects me. Whole program shuts down I’ll be sad and move on. It’s end of the day not that important to most people.

Edited by ToomersRevenge

40 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

so basically we are a tank bigsby transfer away from total and complete collapse. odds of him transferring now increased? 

Apparently he's not the critical player rumored to be close to transferring. 

I'm not sure I can think of another player his caliber, tho

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Per a lot if ppl he doesn't want anyone's help. His way is the right way and doesn't. Need to change.

Why would he change.. he's been successful before, he got hired for his success. The guy needs to do it his way people just don't like it. If they don't like it go transfer out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

LMAO! What you have accomplished in the last few days is confirm that you are a self aggrandizing blowhard.

And all you have accomplished is shown you are just reinforcing the narrative in your head. You've completely contradicted everything you have said before. Especially about guys transferring out.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Why would he change.. he's been successful before, he got hired for his success. The guy needs to do it his way people just don't like it. If they don't like it go transfer out.

Someone incapable of change isn't really idea.  The SEC isn't Boise. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Someone incapable of change isn't really idea.  The SEC isn't Boise. 

We've heard he switched his mindset about recruiting after the uga game. He's mentioned multiple times there needs to be a culture change within the program. He changed his mind about Bobo too. Seems like he's changing alot of things. Again people don't like that. Doesn't mean we should fire him after year 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently he's not the critical player rumored to be close to transferring. 

I'm not sure I can think of another player his caliber, tho

I haven’t really heard about the player going to transfer. But there is a prominent, wouldn't say critical on the other side of the ball thats not… how could I put it… on board with Harsin’s culture. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We've heard he switched his mindset about recruiting after the uga game.

And apparently didn't really show it from December to February

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He's mentioned multiple times there needs to be a culture change within the program.

That's not him changing.  That's him trying to force what he thinks is the way things have to be.  If you've noticed, that isn't really going over too well right now and causing a ton of issues for him.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:49 AM, W.E.D said:

It's blond support if you attend a protest without any evidence other than "the evil BOT made this all up"

If it's gonna be a bunch of blonds who knows what will happen😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I haven’t really heard about the player going to transfer. But there is a prominent, wouldn't say critical on the other side of the ball thats not… how could I put it… on board with Harsin’s culture. 

Defense?  I'd guess that to be OP?  He seems like he's been pretty quiet & probably the only "prominent" person on defense.  I know Wooden maybe?  Don't recall him saying anything or if he did I might have just mixed him together with Wooten

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, W.E.D said:

Well have a terrible first year blowing a half dozen 4th leads, bad recruiting, horrendous roster management with the OL, awful coordinator hires, disaster of a portal class, building zero relationships with in state HS coaches, sending Ethridge to Georgia's state player banquet when the rest of the SEC HC went (which is a big pattern of him not building relationships).

Pretending like he's built up a massive amount of good will over the last 14 months is pretty silly 

Hey we got your opinion in spades lately in several threads. Are you now just trying for a record number of posts?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

So many here are going to be on the wrong side of this discussion. 

bookmark these pages for later. 

Yeap. 

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

So many here are going to be on the wrong side of this discussion. 

bookmark these pages for later. 

Who wants to be right on this!!?! This isn't the mindset folks should have. If Harsin goes it's a black eye... This is all around terrible. 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

@cole256put it well in another thread. 

His current actions, a**hole nature, and having zero desire to do anything outside of football might not be a fireable offense, but they will undoubtedly lead to his firing 

We've yet to see a good reason to fire him. what you have posted are mostly bias and 6-7 still isn't a good reason to fire a coach after year 1. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Hey we got your opinion in spades lately in several threads. Are you now just trying for a record number of posts?

I'm sorry you're offended someone asked me a question & I responded on a message board.