Calling on support for Coach Harsin

Rednilla

10 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

A friend of mine is trying to gather as much support as possible for Coach Harsin, to let the administration know we stand behind him in spite of the rumors being spread:

Help me.... AU our Coach Bryan Harsin is under attack by the powers to be of AU!! I am sure you are all aware of the allegation of the affair! There is zero evidence of it because it is fabricated by these individuals to try and strong arm AU into replacing Coach Harsin. He is on the chopping board and I am calling AU faithful to join is at Toomers Corner at 2 PM on Sunday, February 6, to show support to Coach Harsin during these troubling times for him and his family!!

Be interesting to see the turnout for this

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Be interesting to see the turnout for this

Indeed.

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'A Luke Deal @lukedeal86 34m Division is not what Auburn needs, it's what the public wants. Our football team has never been more together than is today. love my team and this University! Stay together WAR EAGLE AUBURN'

• Like 4

Brad Larrondo is supposed to be bringing current players with him to this rally, for any who might doubt Harsin and want the word straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

@Rednilla if this truly was a false character assasination campaign to get rid of coach by the PTB's, how can we demand accoutability? Seems like every coach has had something similar happen, and I'm sick of it. I'm not blind. If he did something scandalous, good riddance, but it seems like a recurring theme and there seems to be zero accountability with our university leadership for years

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

@Rednilla if this truly was a false character assasination campaign to get rid of coach by the PTB's, how can we demand accoutability? Seems like every coach has had something similar happen, and I'm sick of it. I'm not blind. If he did something scandalous, good riddance, but it seems like a recurring theme and there seems to be zero accountability with our university leadership for years

That's a good question. One place to start would be Toomer's Corner tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Brad Larrondo is supposed to be bringing current players with him to this rally, for any who might doubt Harsin and want the word straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Harsins staff "bringing" players

• Facepalm 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Harsins staff "bringing" players

So you've already made up your mind that the worst is true, then?

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So you've already made up your mind that the worst is true, then?

Nope. It's clear some players support Harsin and others don't. 

Why? IDK. I don't think Harsin has done anything to deserve our blind support. 

• Like 5

Just now, W.E.D said:

That's fair, I suppose. I, obviously, still believe in and support Harsin, but whether you do or not is up to you.

• Like 4

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '#istandwithcoachharsin 99 "Everybody was used to doing what they wanted to do and get away with it. That's not Bryan Harsin. Those guys push against the grain, that's how they live and move. Harsin coming and he's telling you what to do. That's the pushback. To say the man doesn't care, that's reaching. They know that's reaching. It's crazy see. We know why you are upset. You weren't playing. What's the point of you coming out now? Chandler Wooten'

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

That's a good question. One place to start would be Toomer's Corner tomorrow.

i imagine folks who cannot be there will be watching from toomers cam. shame there is not audio.

• Like 2

A rally to stick it to the PTB at Auburn. Interesting. But here’s the issue. If Harsin comes out and sh*ts the bed next season, the same folks are going to be insisting that Rane and crew fork over money to get rid of Harsin and bring in a new, shiny, expensive coach. 

The cycle is will continue forever. If you really want the PTB out of the football program, be prepared for them to take their resources with them. What do you think would have happened when Bama or TexAM fire Sumlin and Shula if there wasn’t a group of rich people there to lean on?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry, but what does this even mean?  What does blind support have to do with what is going on how this is playing out in the media for everyone to see.   If you don’t like the guy, just say so.  I think it would be a better look.   This makes the entire university, players and fan base look like fools.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is no reason for me to not believe in CBH the person until proven otherwise. Now where he is taken us as a HC is still in question. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Shouldn’t we wait for this investigation to conclude before we start throwing our support behind someone? How are we as fans supposed to separate fact from fiction?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So what has he done to NOT deserve our support. From what I've read he made the players accountable and worked them hard...and didn't call their mommas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I will give him my support until I know facts that prove otherwise.  I am not happy with him as a coach, losing (Running off?🤷‍♀️) coaches and having a poor showing on NSD.  But I am willing to give him time to prove himself.  One year is not enough.  It’s obvious that we need some position coaches who can relate to our players, because it’s pretty obvious by their statements that Harsin isn’t going to.  

• Like 1

I really don’t know what to do at this point. I don’t like the stuff I’ve seen about player treatment. If it is true, I don’t support him at all. I also don’t think he’s a good coach, but if this is just an attempt to run him off with false allegations, that’s nonsense. If you’re going to fire him for poor performance, then do it. But don’t drum up false for-cause stuff. But, if it is true, he should absolutely be let go. 
I wish we were getting more consistent stories from the players. But we aren’t. So, for now, I’ll just hang up and listen. 

22 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Sorry, but what does this even mean?  What does blind support have to do with what is going on how this is playing out in the media for everyone to see.   If you don’t like the guy, just say so.  I think it would be a better look.   This makes the entire university, players and fan base look like fools.   

It's blond support if you attend a protest without any evidence other than "the evil BOT made this all up"

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

There is no reason for me to not believe in CBH the person until proven otherwise. Now where he is taken us as a HC is still in question. 

On the flip side, I don't think there is reason to just wash away the allegations either, which none of us have heard. Players kn social media aren't the center of this.

Everyone is all of a sudden going hard on BOT made this all up, fake news, etc. Why don't we let it play out before holding a rally when true accusations aren't even know??

The vast majority of the time I don't think college kids and ex coaches just make up wild racism and abuse accusations. 

Edited by W.E.D

22 minutes ago, gman87 said:

So what has he done to NOT deserve our support. From what I've read he made the players accountable and worked them hard...and didn't call their mommas.

Well have a terrible first year blowing a half dozen 4th leads, bad recruiting, horrendous roster management with the OL, awful coordinator hires, disaster of a portal class, building zero relationships with in state HS coaches, sending Ethridge to Georgia's state player banquet when the rest of the SEC HC went (which is a big pattern of him not building relationships).

Pretending like he's built up a massive amount of good will over the last 14 months is pretty silly 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2