Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

19 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Not a fan of Freeze at all.  Not because of his scandals, but because I think he is overrated.  All he did was beat Bama twice.  While impressive, he didn't do much else.  No SEC title appearances and no SEC titles.  Here was his record by year:

2012: 7-6 (AP unranked)

2013: 8-5 (AP unranked)

2014: 9-4 (AP final ranking #17)

2015: 10-3 (AP final ranking #10)

2016: 5-7 (AP unranked)

He did very well in 2015.  Went 10-3, won Sugar, and finished #10.  

Most importantly, Gus went 3-1 against him. 

I will pass on Freeze.  I don't see him as an upgrade at all.  I've never understood the fascination with him.  Is he bad? Nope.  Is he some guy that's gonna come in and destroy the SEC?  Also Nope.

Who has done better at Ole Miss?

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

They are not going to look stupid just didn’t have the facts. Everyone is only reacting to things they have heard or read. Can’t be expected to make decisions on what they don’t know.

So why not wait until you have the facts before you react? I mean is that still a thing? To just not show your a** when you have no clue what’s actually going on?

3 minutes ago, peashooter said:

His recruiting classes were bought. 

Man it’s awesome we have a thing called the NIL now huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Didba said:

hahaha, lawyers bad haha so original... smh.

sure bud, go be a pro se defendant and then get back to me.

My apologies. It was meant to be a joke.

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jumping back to Harsin, I reallly wish people would quit showing their a** on Twitter going to bat for him. For all they know, the guy has done real damage. All these fools are making it worse for the university.

You obviously know something your not telling. Until others know it, you should not expect them to come to same conclusion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You obviously know something your not telling. Until others know it, you should not expect them to come to same conclusion.

Lol 

image.gif.11de84b5373b08b0d22578427f85b0f1.gif

I don’t know s*** man. But I’d like to think I’d never publicly take a stand against Auburn until I knew wtf I was taking a stand against or if I even should.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

It has been an interesting day.  I should have remembered this, but today I re-learned the lesson of letting things play out, especially if I have no control or impact on the results.  I have always supported CBH.  Today, I am reminded there is a fine line between being relentless, determined, steadfast and single minded and being stubborn, bull-headed, unreasonable, and self-willed.  Today I have to consider if CBH crossed that line.  I chose today to let things play out before I made up my mind.

I now believe the PTB has been investigating CBH for as much as a couple of weeks.  Part of the evidence for that is that CBH was advised not to come before the PTB for clarification about assistant salaries.  The investigation was already going to take place.  I believe we need to to let things play out.

I am extremely disappointed about the internet rumors.  As of today, I believe the internet rumors have not been a part of the AU investigation.  Of course that could change.  As of today, I believe the AU investigation is directed primarily toward staff departures.  Exit interviews are common practice, and the interviews are confidential.  It is possible a departing staff member would support CBH in public yet share some concerns in the private exit interview.  Again, today I decided to let things play out. 

Who started the rumors?  We do not know.  I certainly hope it was not a concerted effort of trustees or a few boosters.  There are possibilities that are more likely to me.  Rumors could be from a rival school, or possibly a disgruntled staff member who was fired.  It is possible there is some truth in some of the rumors.  Is the internet part of the problem? Of course, but it is a problem every team is dealing with, not just AU.  If the rumors come from one person or a small group of people, there is a smaller chance we will ever know what happened.  The more people involved in starting the rumors, the greater the chance we will eventually find out who started them.  At this point, we should wait to let things play out. 

I could continue, but I will stop here.  It is at least possible that in this case, the trustees will act appropriately. My respectful opinion is that we need to be patient.  Not for long.  This will be over sooner rather than later.  I love Auburn and this hurts.  It hurts bad.  We should resolve to make the best of a bad situation. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Taco said:

Looks to me he got better every year with a Mississippi school. Give me records before he showed up there. And tell me where his recruiting classes ranked while he was there. 

Mississippi schools are trash. Will always be trash. And any coach that can win a sugar bowl there is impressive for me. 

My one problem with Freeze (it's a big one) is that all his wins were vacated sans his best year. But if he can get the right staff in place to rebuild our OL, count me in.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Aren’t they all?

Right. As if Saban almighty hasn’t thrown some money around for recruits.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taco said:

Man it’s awesome we have a thing called the NIL now huh?

The difference is everyone has NIL, but not every coaching staff was paying players back then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm just curious on one thing. If the investigation yields no cause and Harsin refuses to budge, does Gogue fire him with full buyout? Not should he, but will he

5 minutes ago, peashooter said:

The difference is everyone has NIL, but not every coaching staff was caught paying players back then.

FIFY

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I'm just curious on one thing. If the investigation yields no cause and Harsin refuses to budge, does Gogue fire him with full buyout? Not should he, but will he

Good question.  I would say that in most legal proceedings, you argue the position that is most advantageous to you, not the position that is legally or ethically correct.  That may not be the "right" thing to argue, but it seems to be the way our legal system works today. 

Jeff Fisher's son played at Auburn or something etc....  I'll throw a name out Rich Bisaccia.  Former special teams coach of the Auburn Tigers, took the Raiders to the playoffs after some pretty terrible things happened that would have done in most teams,  possibly heading to Green Bay as a special teams coach.  A lot of Raiders players were upset he didn't get the gig.  Tons of NFL experience.   Kinda looks like a bald Bruce.

9 minutes ago, peashooter said:

The difference is everyone has NIL, but not every coaching staff was paying players back then.

If you’re this naive I don’t know what to tell you

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My one problem with Freeze (it's a big one) is that all his wins were vacated sans his best year. But if he can get the right staff in place to rebuild our OL, count me in.

Compliance will be his biggest uphill battle. I’m not disagreeing with that. 

But if we trust Bruce to stay away from cookouts and that he had nothing to do with Person; we can probably give Hugh another redemption arc.

Let’s not act as though Auburn is Holier than Thou U.