Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I read somewhere earlier that Harbert was worth 6 billion.. 18 million  to him is like me and u eating off the dollar menu

Being worth 6 billion and having 6 billion are two different things.  Stroking a 18 million dollar check is still gonna sting.  You could use that money on a successful business venture instead of one that will be a loss. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

All of this drama is over

1)money..

Auburn doesn’t want to pay 💰 

2)If they fire him without cause it will be hard to hire the next HC.

So they are trying their best to dig up something.. 
They should just fire him if they want him gone ...easy peasy 

This right here. 

16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

And hey we are #1 in basketball and can be #1 in buyouts.

Bama would have already claimed that championship. 

As others said, this is just about trying to dig up "cause" at this point.  Same thing Kansas did to their coach a few years back.  He had a bad season, so they went and dug up some extremely trivial NCAA violation and fired him "for cause." He took them to court alleging that they really fired him for his bad record and used "cause" as a justification to get out of their buy-out agreement. He said if he was winning, no one in the KU admin would have given a crap about some minor violation; it would have been self-reported and that would have been the end of it.

As for our situation, the PTB have their usual mouthpieces in the media publishing stories about the "chaos" of the Harsin regime.  What is all this bad stuff?  Oh, a few angry FORMER players saying Harsin's a meanie and makes players show up on time. Wow, how terribly scandalous!  And they make a big deal out of coaches leaving but never really explain why each one left. They make it sound as if all left because they hate Harsin.  But here's the facts: Two were fired.  One left for his alma-mater. One got to AU and decided he liked NFL better. The only one that seems dissatisfied was Mason.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Being worth 6 billion and having 6 billion are two different things.  Stroking a 18 million dollar check is still gonna sting.  You could use that money on a successful business venture instead of one that will be a loss. 

Harbert and Yellow fella would do it in a minute. Especially if they can have a say in who we hire. Most of them dudes, having power at AU is their obsession

Just now, DAG said:

Well if these same goobers are interested in CKS I can see them possibly wanting Gene Chizik, but those folks should not even have a true say. You got to listen to play the game, however.

I don’t think there’s any truth to Chizik. Somebody on Fansided or whatever floated and people are just going with it, cause we’ll it’s auburn 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

One guy is the answer to this: HUGH FREEZE

Grimes is third

Yes

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Yeah, I think WDE said that freeze was blocked through this last year from the SEC, Tennessee was interested and they wouldn’t allow it.

Freeze has an uphill battle with our Compliance Department making sure we dot our i’s and cross our T’s being on probation. Probably need to get Stankey’s signature for approval. There’s smoke here though. 

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So Freeze just signed an extension that goes through 2028 at $4 million a year I think.  I wonder what that buyout would be on the contract.  I figure Auburn would have to offer $7 million a year and pay buyout, plus Harsin’s Buyout, plus Gus buyout.   Damn

Liberty is private so their stuff isn’t out for the public. But most people say that he’s got a cheaper buyout from Liberty’s contract to a SEC school. 

I think it’s also important to note that if Freeze does end up here (or any SEC school for that matter) it’s going to be to coach for his career. If he fails he’ll go the route of the Bowdens, if he succeeds, it’ll be so glorious. 

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I don't care how much money you have.  Dropping millions of dollars for a football coach of a university not to coach your team is a hard check to write.  You may argue it cost the school money having a bad program but its a terrible ROI for the people actually writing the checks.  Jimmy Rane isn't getting a kickback from the athletic department for his portion of the buyout is he?  Lumber may be at an all time high but I don't think you can count writing a check to fire a coach as charitable giving to your school.  I would love one of these beat writers to break down the economics of all this because as much as I love Auburn we'd just have to suck for a bit if this was my money.  

image.gif

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Harbert and Yellow fella would do it in a minute. Especially if they can have a say in who we hire. Most of them dudes, having power at AU is their obsession

That's why they got buildings named after them

Just now, abw0004 said:

@DAG if Auburn actually hires Hugh Freeze…

A1797001-6C6D-43AF-BB7D-7FB89318D165.gif.cacb6b4c7039ed7978c389a534dfbe58.gifDE78BA13-9AAA-4DCC-B729-3BC6E719AC43.gif.e511061b84fb64831f995be62f3a0534.gif

It's true but I am also prepared to see Rhett Lashlee be announced too. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So Freeze just signed an extension that goes through 2028 at $4 million a year I think.  I wonder what that buyout would be on the contract.  I figure Auburn would have to offer $7 million a year and pay buyout, plus Harsin’s Buyout, plus Gus buyout.   Damn

Plus the Gus buyout…imagine the good that could have been done for the University with this money. 

Of the coaching names that have  been thrown out.  Understanding our brand, finances, and the time of year could be better…. Dear lord. The Deion idea actually seems the least crazy/depressing.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Oh, a few angry FORMER players saying Harsin's a meanie and makes players show up on time.

I mean, the reasoning for why those players left would matter in this discussion, would it not 

I don't get the talking point that because they left, they don't have a voice at the table. Esp when it only makes sense that the current players that are dissatisfied wouldn't be inclined to publicly speak out. 

12 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Perhaps…was there any need to exacerbate that on social media prematurely? I think not. If the University truly has the goods for a “for cause” termination then do it. No buy out, no nothing. The continued twisting in the breeze bit implies a week case. Could be wrong…IDK..

Yeah I mean I get what you’re saying. But his reputation isn’t great to begin with. I guess it’s just now more of common knowledge with the public? I do agree, some of these rumors that were passed about him & entertained were pretty harsh. I do think Auburn thinks they have a case to bring him to the negotiating table. But it does seem it won’t be something where it’s a full proof, drop the hammer, cased closed. More of a let’s avoid court all together and both leave a little happier type of thing. 

I will say. I’m speaking purely out of my ass on this one. There’s not a lot of info I truly know about the investigation. 

Edited by Taco
Disclaimer

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let me pick your brain about this: If you knew Auburn would go after and hire Freeze for sure, would you have Harsin fired (no matter with or without cause)?

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Let me pick your brain about this: If you knew Auburn would go after and hire Freeze for sure, would you have Harsin fired with or without cause?

Get rid of him right now. I don’t care for what. 

I know you didn’t ask me but I want to feel important too

Edited by Taco
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Let me pick your brain about this: If you knew Auburn would go after and hire Freeze for sure, would you have Harsin fired (no matter with or without cause)?

Yes. This is not a reparable relationship. The damage is done. Just don't try to game me on false allegations when you really just want to save buy out money (Again this is just my opinion, it all can be true). If they fire him and we get like a CKS, I ain't gonna lie, I might have to chill on Auburn football.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Its not just one thing.

Its the collective group of all the things together that have caused people around the program to have concern.

Having concern I agree with, suggesting he should be replaced after 1 year is completely different idea IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

If they fire him and we get like a CKS, I ain't gonna lie, I might have to chill on Auburn football.

I think the MOD’s will be okay with me saying this, but Steele is not in contention and never will be.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Exactly. The athletic department…slash football … is the toy box.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would be so mad. I have faith that Rhett knows better than to come here though. Unless he's just looking for some buyout $$. 

18 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Plus the Gus buyout…imagine the good that could have been done for the University with this money. 

There's a case that could be made for the buyouts for both Gus and Harsin being beneficial for the university.