Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Retaining him at this point is the most moronic thing we could do. If there wasn’t sure fire evidence going in, WHY COULDN’T THEY HAVE WAITED UNTUL DECEMBER FGS?

Nothing is more Auburn football than trying to fire a coach in February after signing him to a 25MM contract.  Those of you who are new to AU football need to understand we do this about every 20 years.  

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Retaining him at this point is the most moronic thing we could do. If there wasn’t sure fire evidence going in, WHY COULDN’T THEY HAVE WAITED UNTUL DECEMBER FGS?

Would retaining Harsin be next level JABA???

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This is one question EVERYONE should be able to agree on

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I can understand that and can see that side, just not sure it would help him in anyway at this point and could potentially just cause further issues

Cause further issues???? By him being at work and doing his job trying to stop the bleeding?

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Cause further issues???? By him being at work and doing his job trying to stop the bleeding?

By inserting himself into the investigation. Tempers can flare in those situations and people can do more harm than good by trying to help themselves. I’ve seen it first hand

Whether you like it or not Harsin is gone.  The head coach is on vacation with all the clout(current players) trying to fight his battle for him in Auburn is under threat of being fired.  Either he is extremely naive about his situation or his wings have already been clipped.  If I were the HC and really wanted to return I would be in Auburn rallying whatever troops I could to stay the HC.   I would be trying to face to face assure my remaining staff and players that everything was going to be ok.  Trying to retain any that were looking around in order to show stability.  I believe the decision is done we are just waiting for the ink to dry.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

By inserting himself into the investigation. Tempers can flare in those situations and people can do more harm than good by trying to help themselves. I’ve seen it first hand

Ok like I said me and u just wired different.... I bet Saban wasn't hobknobbing in Mexico after he went 7-6 his first year..

1 minute ago, Newbomb said:

Whether you like it or not Harsin is gone.  The head coach is on vacation with all the clout(current players) trying to fight his battle for him in Auburn is under threat of being fired.  Either he is extremely naive about his situation or his wings have already been clipped.  If I were the HC and really wanted to return I would be in Auburn rallying whatever troops I could to stay the HC.   I would be trying to face to face assure my remaining staff and players that everything was going to be ok.  Trying to retain any that were looking around in order to show stability.  I believe the decision is done we are just waiting for the ink to dry.

This x 100

• Like 1

If the investigation found nothing then all the insiders on this board who said they knew things but couldn't say which is a way of inferring he was guilty need to do some soul searching. If you can't say you don't say anything.  Now if the investigation does find something you maybe right but you still helped fuel this debacle that has been going on. Again if you can't say anything then don't.

If PTB or people inside the athletic department told people stuff then asked them not to say anything they fueled this fire because they know people want to be on the in and while they will respect the wish not to repeat what was said they will drop innuendo leading to this debacle.  PTB people or people inside the Athletic Department should completely shut their mouths about discussing anything outside of the area where they are working.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

59 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He wasn’t allowed to hire a new offensive coordinator because the university wouldn’t give him numbers for a potential contract, he stated such in the interview.

Why do we take this as fact?  It doesn't make sense to me.

He tried to pretty much immediately hire the ASU guy, and compliance shot that down after 2 weeks.  Then in the next week or so Austin Davis was hired.

It doesn't match up to me.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok like I said me and u just wired different.... I bet Saban wasn't hobknobbing in Mexico after he went 7-6 his first year..

……at the lake house in Georgia…😉

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He tried to pretty much immediately hire the ASU guy, and compliance shot that down after 2 weeks.  Then in the next week or so Austin Davis was hired.

It doesn't match up because it didn't happen. People think because they won't let him hire one NOW (because he might/will be fired) that it means he always wasn't allowed to hire one. The hires were his.

Why would the PTB pick some rando coach from Seattle with no college background if they were pulling the strings? Y'all really think it wouldn't be some good ol boy with connections to Auburn? 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I pray for him and his “religion” but he should never be cancelled because of it. If you know the Father like I do then his religion or lack of it is just an amazing opportunity.

Are you trying to convert him?

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ladies and Gents, rejoice! When we woke up this morning, we were one day closer to…..

image.gif.9579daf17fc68caaa086baf1875c2964.gif

Don’t get ahead of yourself .

just saying 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sounds more like the administration at this point is more like “go make a splash, here’s a blank check” than, we aren’t giving you any budget money to hire. Odds are the guy can’t find any OC’s that want to coach with him because he’s an a**hole.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Don’t get ahead of yourself .

just saying 

Am I contributing to your excitement Dag. My bad man, I don’t wanna see you disappointed at the end of all this.

Or do I?

image.gif.f53480140dd29d370632f835f6250e04.gif

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

If I were the HC and really wanted to return I would be in Auburn rallying whatever troops I could to stay the HC

But you’re not and he’s not required to make it look like you want for it to mean something you think it means. Yeah he’s probably gone but the rumor mill and personal attacks on him in this place alone is downright disturbing and extremely unbecoming of “Auburn men and women” whatever that means anymore. 
Heck at this point, the more Harsin scoffs in the face of everyone trying to force him to do what they want the more I prefer his way over this new Auburn way. He could be the biggest idiot on the planet, but atleast he doesn’t bow to the power struggle and sell out who he is to become a yes man. I respect that a million times more than 99% of what’s been posted on this forum 

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If the investigation found nothing then all the insiders on this board who said they knew things but couldn't say which is a way of inferring he was guilty need to do some soul searching. If you can't say you don't say anything.  Now if the investigation does find something you maybe right but you still helped fuel this debacle that has been going on. Again if you can't say anything then don't.

If PTB or people inside the athletic department told people stuff then asked them not to say anything they fueled this fire because they know people want to be on the in and while they will respect the wish not to repeat what was said they will drop innuendo leading to this debacle.  PTB people or people inside the Athletic Department should completely shut their mouths about discussing anything outside of the area where they are working.

If there was no egregious act then it’s all politics and politics is an extremely ugly beast. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Am I contributing to your excitement Dag. My bad man, I don’t wanna see you disappointed at the end of all this.

Or do I?

image.gif.f53480140dd29d370632f835f6250e04.gif

I want freeze badly but…let’s just say we need to wait before we get egg in our faces.

• Like 1

Wasn’t Muschamp on some long vacation before we hired him? What’s up with all these mf’s taking vacations?! You think Nick Saban takes vacations?! Hell no! He eats his two oatmeal cream pie’s every morning and gets sh*t done.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That comment was not referring to either of those hires, obviously.

Just now, DAG said:

I want freeze badly but…let’s just say we need to wait before we get egg in our faces.

You saying I’ll get egg thrown in my face for predicting the next head coach as if it’s a done deal? Isn’t that what Auburn people do? That would qualify me to be a  mod on this site.

image.gif.990d4d3d4b71cf10e25a3e6384b3bde0.gif

• Like 1