Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are full of it now. That is one of the dumbest things I've heard in some time. I am all for bringing Hugh Freeze but this is why I just don't get along with you. You say things like it is fact but in reality makes no sense. If that were the case he wouldn't have went after the Caleb Williams of the world.

This isn't the first time this has been stated about Harsin.  He thinks he can outcoach everyone and does not put an emphasis on recruiting the top guys.  He would rather have 3*'s that he can coach up.  Have you really never heard this before about him?  I am not being critical of you, just genuinely asking.

• Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

So shouldn't we be hearing something today? Isn't tomorrow the SEC coaches meeting?

He comes back tomorrow. Meeting are Thursday 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This isn't the first time this has been stated about Harsin.  He thinks he can outcoach everyone and does not put an emphasis on recruiting the top guys.  He would rather have 3*'s that he can coach up.  Have you really never heard this before about him?  I am not being critical of you, just genuinely asking.

It doesn't matter what people on this board said. It doesn't jive with freaking reality is my point. You just said he doesn't need top talent to win. So I am asking you, why did he go after Caleb Williams? Why is he going after four star lineman? Why did he sign a four star QB? Why did he sign a four star RB? Why did he go after the likes of Robby Ashford? If you want to say he his striking out on top tier recruits that is fair game but to say he doesn't think we need top tier talent. Come on man

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He comes back tomorrow. Meeting are Thursday 

Ahh thanks for the clarification buddy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It doesn't matter what people on this board said. It doesn't jive with freaking reality is my point. You just said he doesn't need top talent to win. So I am asking you, why did he go after Caleb Williams? Why is he going after four star lineman? Why did he sign a four star QB? Why did he sign a four star RB? Why did he go after the likes of Robby Ashford? If you want to say he his striking out on top tier recruits that is fair game but to say he doesn't want top tier talent. Come on man

Because reasons. You know this @DAG lol 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DAG said:

One guy is the answer to this: HUGH FREEZE

Mark Stoops* is a second for me

Grimes is third

I cannot believe we got people saying Gene freaking Chizik. What the heck is wrong with this fanbase?

left one out they are looking at but I don't think it will be. Luke Frickell

• Like 2

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

left one out they are looking at but I don't think will get it. Luke Frickell

Golf is all this hashed out one way or the other b4 the meetings on Thur?

Just now, DAG said:

It doesn't matter what people on this board said. It doesn't jive with freaking reality is my point. You just said he doesn't need top talent to win. So I am asking you, why did he go after Caleb Williams? Why is he going after four star lineman? Why did he sign a four star QB? Why did he sign a four star RB? Why did he go after the likes of Robby Ashford? If you want to say he his striking out on top tier recruits that is fair game but to say he doesn't want top tier talent. Come on man

So here is a quote I found, and I am still digging as well:  "He doesn't work in recruiting," a longtime SEC assistant said. "He thinks he's going to outcoach people. That's not going to happen in the SEC -- those other guys can coach and recruit."

Regarding those guys, what people have we actually landed?  What 4* linemen have we actually landed?  Our top 20 recruiting class ranking is because of our defensive guys.  They are all Mason's guys.  That is the reality.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

left one out they are looking at but I don't think will get it. Luke Frickell

See my thing with Luke is would it not be the same problem we have now with Harsin? Not from the south and the problems that arose from that? 

I don't think it would be but I know some will say it. 

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

This is true, but it's up to the coach to get on the same page as the boosters. In the NIL era, it's a fundamental part of job. It pretty much always has been, but now those guys have even more power.  A coach these days has to at least pretend convincingly that their input is welcome.  And if this whole thing was really triggered by Mason's exit interview, the PTB just recognized reality first. At this point I believe the affair rumor.  It's the least damaging way out, so I hope it's true.  But Harsin was never the right guy. Doing part of your job well just doesn't cut it for the money we are paying him. 

I was agreeing with your post until I got to the last part. Did I read that right? You’re hoping for the scenario that has the potential to ruin a marriage, break a family apart while humiliating them in the process, and potentially ruin the careers of the guilty parties involved because you feel it’s the “least damaging way out”?

Edited by PigskinPat

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, but will it be anyone worth having? (I would be okay with Freeze, excited if he reunites with Luke.)

You'll be happy one way or another for once.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

So here is a quote I found, and I am still digging as well:  "He doesn't work in recruiting," a longtime SEC assistant said. "He thinks he's going to outcoach people. That's not going to happen in the SEC -- those other guys can coach and recruit."

Regarding those guys, what people have we actually landed?  What 4* linemen have we actually landed?  Our top 20 recruiting class ranking is because of our defensive guys.  They are all Mason's guys.  That is the reality.

If you aren't going to answer my question, I am done wasting my time with you. You just said he does not think we need top tier recruiting , right? So why did he go out his way to sign a four star lineman, a four star qb and a four star RB? Why did he try to poach Caleb Williams?

If he doesn't think he need top tier talent, he wouldn't have even tried that. Now maybe he sucks at sealing the deal with top tier recruits which is a RED FLAG. A big reason of that is probably because of his personality. That is a fair argument. But you just said, he doesn't think he needs top tier recruits, yet he is trying to get top tier recruits. How does that make sense?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What 4* linemen have we actually landed?

Is Easton Harris from Auburn not a four star?

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

You'll be happy one way or another for a once.

If the both of them came it would solve so many issues weve struggled with for years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I was agreeing with your post until I got to the last part. Did I read that right? You’re hoping for the scenario that has the potential to ruin a marriage, break a family apart while humiliating them in the process, and potentially ruin the careers of the guilty parties involved because you feel it’s the “least damaging way out”?

He did. And the truly terrible part is how many on here agree with him. The fan base has changed a lot. 

Everyone should listen to the new Locked on Auburn Podcast from this morning. They hint at some Austin Davis stuff that makes you say “wait what”. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Everyone should listen to the new Locked on Auburn Podcast from this morning. They hint at some Austin Davis stuff that makes you say “wait what”. 

I love that. They hint*

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Golf is all this hashed out one way or the other b4 the meetings on Thur?

He said he would kiss Bird if Harsin showed up at the meetings on Thursday so I would say his confidence level is at an all time high.  

Or maybe he just secretly wants to 😂

Care to elaborate? 

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Can you post a summary so we don't have to listen?  

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I love that. They hint*

Well Charlie 5 said that he’s spoken about it in his discord. But he basically said that he has evidence that Austin Davis wanted to recruit and learned that it wasn’t a priority.

But he basically said that he has evidence that Austin Davis wanted to recruit and learned that it wasn’t a priority.

Did he share it?