Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

I'm just curious on one thing. If the investigation yields no cause and Harsin refuses to budge, does Gogue fire him with full buyout? Not should he, but will he

Yes. 

26 minutes ago, Grumps said:

My apologies. It was meant to be a joke.

No that's my bad. People say this kinda of stuff being serious about Attorneys, I should have realized the joke.

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Sorry your wife is behind the fashion curve.  I didn't want you to find out like this.

Naa if I posted a pic of how good skinny jeans can look on wimmen it wouldn’t be allowed on here. Them baggy mom jeans are when they have to hide it or cover it up

7 hours ago, McFU said:

I swear this all feels like the TV series Friday Night lights except in place of Coach Taylor vs. Buddy Garrity we have Coach Harsin vs. TPB.

Is there a possibility if Harsin survives that there would be "New" booster money who could come in to try and get rid of the good 'ol boys or does that Yella Fella have too strong of a hold?

Surely there are other people in the area with large sums of money willing to support the school and let the coach be the coach.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

It doesn't matter if it was a bad hire or not. The hire is done and gone. There is nothing to admit about it. The issue is about where to go from right now. If Auburn made a bad hire then pay the man and hire whoever you want. The worrisome part is how Auburn admin seems to be handling this. If they don't have iron clad just cause to fire him and are trying to make him look bad based on hearsay and innuendo to try to lower the buyout then the admin is lowlife scum. I certainly hope that is not the case.

The hearsay and inneundo seems to be coming from we fans, message boards and sports columns in at least some cases written by bammers. Do you have concrete evidence that these rumors are all false and just an excuse to not pay for his buy-out?

If you have concrete evidence that he did not have an affair, if there’s a good reason why 18 scholarship players left for the portal, if you know why he can’t get good quality players from the portal to include a portal quarterback rated at least 1-10, why he can’t do better in recruiting, to include missing on everyone on signing day and losing a scholarship wide receiver the same day, why he hired and fired six different coaches in 13 months, why players have gone to social media in disgust and support of him, if you know why he lost five games in a row, first time since 1950, why he gave up the biggest lead in Auburn history, and why he had the talent to beat ranked teams this season, he had the talent and depth to take Alabama into four overtimes, but he didn’t have the talent in depth to do better than 6-7.

If you have concrete evidence as to why all that happened, please share.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Jerry Glanville

Some young ones on here, have no idea who you’re talking about. LOL

Thanks for the memory, he was a character.

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I read somewhere earlier that Harbert was worth 6 billion.. 18 million  to him is like me and u eating off the dollar menu

That still doesn't mean that Harbert, Rane, etc. are ok with paying millions for head coaches and their staffs to walk away. They didn't become billionaires by throwing money around foolishly. 

25 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Some young ones on here, have no idea who you’re talking about. LOL

Thanks for the memory, he was a character.

Glanville has got to be the only man to ever be an NFL head coach and then become a driver in Nascar. I know he didn't race in the Cup Series but Glanville ran alot of races in the Nascar Truck Series after he left the NFL. Kudos to him for living life to the fullest.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

No that's my bad. People say this kinda of stuff being serious about Attorneys, I should have realized the joke.

I’m an attorney and I think we shouldn’t be a thing half the time so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

But that also requires our society to all be “just” and well. Yeah. My mind is a paradox, I know. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Glanville has got to be the only man to ever be an NFL head coach and then become a driver in Nascar. I know he didn't race in the Cup Series but Glanville ran alot of races in the Nascar Truck Series after he left the NFL. Kudos to him for living life to the fullest.

I wasn’t a fan, but he did live life to the fullest! I remember a post game when Chuck Knoll (of the Steelers) and him were shaking hands and they almost got into a fist fight. Knoll thought Glenville‘s players were roughing up some of the Steeler players.

Edited by AU-24

19 minutes ago, Taco said:

I’m an attorney and I think we shouldn’t be a thing half the time so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

But that also requires our society to all be “just” and well. Yeah. My mind is a paradox, I know. 

Hah, no wonder we got into it a little bit at first.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

The hearsay and inneundo seems to be coming from we fans, message boards and sports columns in at least some cases written by bammers. Do you have concrete evidence that these rumors are all false and just an excuse to not pay for his buy-out?

If you have concrete evidence that he did not have an affair, if there’s a good reason why 18 scholarship players left for the portal, if you know why he can’t get good quality players from the portal to include a portal quarterback rated at least 1-10, why he can’t do better in recruiting, to include missing on everyone on signing day and losing a scholarship wide receiver the same day, why he hired and fired six different coaches in 13 months, why players have gone to social media in disgust and support of him, if you know why he lost five games in a row, first time since 1950, why he gave up the biggest lead in Auburn history, and why he had the talent to beat ranked teams this season, he had the talent and depth to take Alabama into four overtimes, but he didn’t have the talent in depth to do better than 6-7.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but besides the affair, that's football stuff and won't constitute cause. But remember that a lot of those 18 were probably told to leave. We needed a roster overhaul regardless of who was coach. Now, maybe he could've handled it better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Exactly! We don’t have concrete evidence of ANYTHING, so I choose not to believe any of it at this time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

A guilty man rushes to his own defense to cover up his actions. A man with nothing to hide has no need

Haha, what?!?!

44 minutes ago, peashooter said:

So, AU coaches were paying players under Tuberville and Malzahn? 

No, not coaches. Bagmen? Probably.

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

That still doesn't mean that Harbert, Rane, etc. are ok with paying millions for head coaches and their staffs to walk away. They didn't become billionaires by throwing money around foolishly. 

Didn't say they would like it. Just said they could do it