Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

That would be nice but I don't think CBH is going to go without fighting. 

I've seen it two ways.  He was offered a reduced buyout and also ppl saying he was offered the opportunity to flat out resign.

I think he and his agent are fighting right now.  I still kinda think we fire him for cause and we have to make our case.  We are trying to save money, you're right...but I think on future litigation costs.

Edited by W.E.D

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Gotcha. The way you worded it I didn’t catch where you were alluding to another job.

Yeah. I realized that after posting, but this topic is hot, and my response was buried way back in the thread by the time I realized. Didn’t want to dig to find it and edit. Lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I've seen it two ways.  He was offered a reduced buyout and also ppl saying he was offered the opportunity to flat out resign.

I think he and his agent are fighting right now.  I still think we fire him for cause and we have to make our case.  We are trying to save money, you're right...but I think on future litigation costs.

I think whatever proof exists they are going to discuss in person. Could be purely anecdotal. Maybe not. But I'm betting Harsin and Auburn both want it kept locked down. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Does anybody else understand this dude or am I speaking a foreign language?  

he's comingling a lot of things right now.  I get his view regarding a negotiated buyout even if we have proof, but then there is a dozen other things mixed in that are irrelevant 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

LMAO take it easy. Me and you have barely had any interaction lately. Don't give me the ban hammer.

If you are asking if it is a big deal that I get some sense if any allegations that he is a racist, abusive, and inappropriate leader are true? Yes that that is a big deal to me because that was pushed as fact and that is a representation of an individual, not just a football coach. I do not think a single person in this world is a saint. But I would like to see if this guy is a POS or not or if it was concocted. I don't think there is a single thing wrong with seeing that out. 

I have already deferred that he is going to GET FIRED IRREGARDLESS. Hence, why I have been saying hire Hugh Freeze NOW. I am ready for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

That would be nice but I don't think CBH is going to go without fighting. 

Yeah I agree. I seriously doubt he's going to plaster that quote all over national media and then walk away on a settled case.

• Like 1

he's comingling a lot of things right now.  I get his view regarding a negotiated buyout even if we have proof, but then there is a dozen other things mixed in that are irrelevant 

And if he takes a reduce buy out, that would tell me a lot and if he doesn't that would also say a lot. What matters ultimately though is who the heck Auburn has ready to go.

10 minutes ago, Taco said:

It’ll be before this. Or I think that’s why most people are assuming it’ll be before this. 

I was a philosophy double major. It’s incredible to me that Aristotle is considered a father of one of the sciences because he just described what he saw. 

Yeah. One day Socrates will be forgotten. But everyone will know WED and Taco. Cause there's really no comparison. 

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Yeah. One day Socrates will be forgotten. But everyone will know WED and Taco. Cause there's really no comparison. 

Fun fact. Socrates you think you know may be a legend. So the Socrates you think you know isn’t even who Socrates the man actually was.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What matters ultimately though is who the heck Auburn has ready to go.

Not to root against Harsin here, but I do think there is something to be said for Auburn being able to come out clean from this.  I think it'll help us hire our next coach and carry forward positively vs the notion "boosters bad"

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Nothing to see here.  Evil PTB and BOT is all anyone needs to know about.

Don’t forget the REC! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Fun fact. Socrates you think you know may be a legend. So the Socrates you think you know isn’t even who Socrates the man actually was.

Don't assume what I know. You don't know what you don't know. 

13 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm told they did talk to a lot of the players today. They solidly support Harsin as their coach and say that more players will leave if he is fired.   This thing has gone from a train wreck to a tornado over Auburn

I could see that. Good to know

Edited by Randman5000

Not to root against Harsin here, but I do think there is something to be said for Auburn being able to come out clean from this.  I think it'll help us hire our next coach and carry forward positively vs the notion "boosters bad"

You are right perception is a hell of a factor which is why the conclusion of all of this matters. We may never get the true black and white story but actions speaks louder than words. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Don't assume what I know. You don't know what you don't know. 

And that’s why he has to assume. He doesn’t know! Lol

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you are asking if it is a big deal that I get some sense if any allegations that he is a racist, abusive, and inappropriate leader are true? Yes that that is a big deal to me because that was pushed as fact and that is a representation of an individual, not just a football coach. I do not think a single person in this world is a saint. But I would like to see if this guy is a POS or not or if it was concocted. I don't think there is a single thing wrong with seeing that out. 

I have already deferred that he is going to GET FIRED IRREGARDLESS. Hence, why I have been saying hire Hugh Freeze NOW. I am ready for it.

I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't think any of this would have gotten this far without the proof being extremely strong.

The PTB can be really dumb, but I don't think they're dumb enough to think firing Harsin 1 year in is desirable. I think they genuinely believe the way he is running his program is so incompatible it has to stop immediately. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are right perception is a hell of a factor which is why the conclusion of all of this matters. We may never get the true black and white story but actions speaks louder than words. 

Interesting that you say “black and white story” considering the allegations that Harsin is racist. 🤔

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I just don't think any of this would have gotten this far without the proof being extremely strong.

The PTB can be really dumb, but I don't think they're dumb enough to think firing Harsin 1 year in is desirable. I think they genuinely believe the way he is running his program is so incompatible it has to stop immediately. 

I believe that too. Where I disagree is that they have solid evidence about the serious allegations (We will see soon). I personally think they want him out because we are going backwards, but they also don't want to pay a full 18 million buy out. Just my .02 cents. I think he is gone regardless. I can't see how this can even possibly work. It is going to be interesting for sure. But I am going to be pissed if we don't have a suitable back up coach. They should have someone ready right now. Either way, I would gladly be wrong if that were the case.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

In all of this I'm having fun looking at the top right of the latest page to see who has posted more in this thread. Right now it's a great neck and neck race between DAG and WED. I'm told the winner gets a free ride on a hot air balloon over AU with the loser pumping up the balloon and making sure the plug is in.😀

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I believe that too. Where I disagree is that they have solid evidence about the serious allegations (We will see soon). I personally think they want him out because we are going backwards, but they also don't want to pay a full 18 million buy out. Just my .02 cents. I think he is gone regardless. I can't see how this can even possibly work. It is going to be interesting for sure. But I am going to be pissed if we don't have a suitable back up coach. They should have someone ready right now. Either way, I would gladly be wrong if that were the case.

Yep and Maybe they realized they went cheap before and want to change that? Lol.

Seriously, how can a coach come in and think they are going to run football program without being messed with now??

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

In all of this I'm having fun looking at the top right of the latest page to see who has posted more in this thread. Right now it's a great neck and neck race between DAG and WED.😀

your two favorites ;) 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yep and Maybe they realized they went cheap before and want to change that? Lol.

Seriously, how can a coach come in and think they are going to run football program without being messed with now??

One guy is the answer to this: HUGH FREEZE

Mark Stoops* is a second for me

Grimes is third

I cannot believe we got people saying Gene freaking Chizik. What the heck is wrong with this fanbase?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4