Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Or they're bringing him to the table to negotiate a reduced buyout and NDA because it would be best for both parties for this to end without that proof being leaked. 

If I’m Auburn, I’m making sure there’s no NDA unless the university is implicated. They have gotten a pretty nasty shiner here and if they were just acting on necessity, the world needs to know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taco said:

I’ve kinda skimmed through y’all’s argument. Doesn’t really make sense to me. It looks like both of y’all have good points. 

1. he’s done. Schools still interviewing people. I actually think that’s wrapping up today? I’ve gotten mixed messages about this. But he’s done. 

2. Auburn’s still investigating to see if they have cause. If they do cool. If they don’t oh well. But they’ll see if they can save 18 million.

3. I’m in the school of just ripping off the band aid, but obviously I don’t have 18 million to pay out. I’m impatient so I wish something happened today, probably by Wednesday. No guarantees but it won’t go past when Harsin comes back to the states 

4. We have made contacts for potential candidates from what it sounds like. 🤗

It’s all pretty casual if it isn’t your job or reputation…right?

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

He’s not. Lol

Just you watch. The Harsin haters and Gus gushers will explain how good Steel will be as a bridge to the next really great Auburn HC 

1 minute ago, tomcat said:

So the question is why is this shat blasted all over social media? An effort to prejudice opinion before actual facts are known.

Remember how crazy things were during the hiring search? Alot of stuff got leaked to beat writers and everyone got played. 

Just now, DAG said:

Why would they ask for a reduce buy out if they have enough proof to not give him a single cent of his buyout ? 

You do understand "for cause" is extremely difficult to prove. Almost impossible. So instead of taking that chance, Auburn says "we'll give you half your buyout if you don't fight us in court, in exchange we won't nuke your coaching career by letting this information out."

Not everything has to be black and white. It isn't "he is either fired for cause or everything is completely fine and he's still coach."

If it isn't clear to you right now that Harsin has made some EXTREME missteps, there's nothing I can say. Even if Harsin didn't do anything to get fired for cause, he could still have done stuff to irreparably damage his reputation that he doesn't want a spotlight shined on.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

So that is a rumor then. It is unfounded. If what you say is true and they had hard evidence , he would be gone by now. I can’t find the post but I am pretty sure a prominent poster said things were moving immensely and we would hear something within 24-36 hours. 

Who has left on his staff other than coaches?

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Just you watch. The Harsin haters and Gus gushers will explain how good Steel will be as a bridge to the next really great Auburn HC 

Let me say I have been for Harsin but not so much lately and I don't miss Gus and don't want Steel. Bring Freeze

• Like 1

Just now, tomcat said:

It’s all pretty casual if it isn’t your job or reputation…right?

His reputation in the football world already had a black-eye after this year, especially in the SEC region. It took a really ugly turn from January on. 

Your reputation is from your actions. His actions ended up sealing his fate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If I’m Auburn, I’m making sure there’s no NDA unless the university is implicated. They have gotten a pretty nasty shiner here and if they were just acting on necessity, the world needs to know.

If money isn't an option, and the school is clean, I agree.

So...some newer info.

Tate: Mason's exit interview is what blew everything up.  Started to unravel everything

Insider BTA: Another coach on staff was honest and forthcoming during an interview and confirmed it.

Sorry to interrupt.  Please back to the pissing contest

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I just think that Mason and Harsin didn't mesh well together.  Harsin wanted a more aggressive defense and Mason is more of a bend and don't break guy, Harsin wanted him to change.  Being a true professional Mason stayed on for recruiting purposes until the time was right to walk away.

Yes, they didn’t mesh well. Neither did the other five assistant coaches that left or were fired, and the 18 scholarship players that left to go to the portal, the recruits that didn’t come to Auburn, and the portal players that didn’t come to Auburn, none of them meshed well with Harsin. 

I think maybe that is at least part of the problem? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

You do understand "for cause" is extremely difficult to prove. Almost impossible. So instead of taking that chance, Auburn says "we'll give you half your buyout if you don't fight us in court, in exchange we won't nuke your coaching career by letting this information out."

So if they can't prove cause, Why would CBH accept that deal? If they had this leaked information by now, it would've been leaked as soon as he told them go to hell, I am not ending my vacation on your time. CBH is calling their bluff IMO and rightfully so.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Not everything has to be black and white. It isn't "he is either fired for cause or everything is completely fine and he's still coach."

If it isn't clear to you right now that Harsin has made some EXTREME missteps, there's nothing I can say. Even if Harsin didn't do anything to get fired for cause, he could still have done stuff to irreparably damage his reputation that he doesn't want a spotlight shined on.

Yeah legal matters are never black and white unfortunately. We make a living in the grey area. If it was this simple lawyers would be obsolete. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

So...some newer info.

Tate: Mason's exit interview is what blew everything up.  Started to unravel everything

Insider BTA: Another coach on staff was honest and forthcoming during an interview and confirmed it.

big if true

wonder what was levied by mason

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I’m leaning towards, this is what I think is going on as well:

You do understand "for cause" is extremely difficult to prove. Almost impossible. So instead of taking thatchance, Auburn says "we'll give you half your buyout if you don't fight us in court, in exchange we won't nukeyour coaching career by letting this information out."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I'm just going to keep saying it but to me the obvious hire would be Gene Chizik and I think he would bring a stabilizing presence to auburn and won a Natty (even tho that was really all gus, Cam and Fairley). 

And an offensive line 

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

I'd push that back some, but that's just my feeling

I have no doubt he will get fired. My issue is the fired with cause. That is ultimately what this thread is about. I want to see if he is going to get fired and walk away with 9 million 30 days after.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I'd push that back some, but that's just my feeling

Gonna announcing his firing while he's in Destin.  

Damn

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So if they can't prove cause, Why would CBH accept that deal? If they had this leaked information by now, it would've been leaked as soon as he told them go to hell, I am not ending my vacation on your time. CBH is calling their bluff IMO and rightfully so.

Auburn isn't leaking it because it's information they can hold over his head to potentially save millions. If it's leaked now, CBH has nothing to lose and Auburn is guaranteed years of litigation to come.

But if Harsin doesn't go for the reduced buyout, then sure, let it all fly publicly. Wouldn't hurt, as it means he's going to fight us tooth and nail in court regardless.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

f it isn't clear to you right now that Harsin has made some EXTREME missteps, there's nothing I can say. Even if Harsin didn't do anything to get fired for cause, he could still have done stuff to irreparably damage his reputation that he doesn't want a spotlight shined on.

My issue has always been about the serious allegations. So once again, I am not going to go down the spider web of aught 2 win

• Like 4

Just now, DAG said:

I have no doubt he will get fired. My issue is the fired with cause. That is ultimately what this thread is about. I want to see if he is going to get fired and walk away with 9 million 30 days after.

If we get Freeze & Harsin is outright fired...no comment from Auburn.

Can you describe your feelings for me?

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So...some newer info.

This makes sense

10 minutes ago, tomcat said:

So the question is why is this shat blasted all over social media? An effort to prejudice opinion before actual facts are known.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, bigbird said:

Best way to burn something down...whisper little ambiguous, salacious embers, let the winds of uncertainty light the fan base, allow the fans to run wild spreading every hinted detail and...voila.

• Like 5