Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Yes, the donors!!😝

It's all at the donor site.

blood_donation.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SeattleTiger86 said:

Can someone please summarize the super secrete info on the donor board 🤣?

It all boils down to this. IF you pay your way into donor land, read all the info therein, you will know what you know. Understand now?

Just now, AUx said:

It's all at the donor site.

blood_donation.jpeg

That's how you become a member, first you much donate your blood then you donate your first born. The sacrifice will be for the greater good 😁

I haven’t even thought about the orange face mask in all this. I swear to got if they retire them for another 30 years I’ll quit

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LocalTiger said:

It all boils down to this. IF you pay your way into donor land, read all the info therein, you will know what you know. Understand now?

And you will know what you don't know you don't know. 

BRB. Gotta run to the donor site and see if any smoke is coming out of the chapel chimney yet. 

Sistine_Chimney_Nosmoke.jpeg

Update: No smoke. For a moment it looked promising, but just somebody vaping out back.

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

Honest question here: let's set aside any rumor of abuse, racism, affairs, etc. Also set aside the mess that this process itself has become and the bad PR from firing a coach even merely on a performance basis after only a year. I think most everyone believes the situation is untenable now, regardless of how it got here. I guess what I'm curious about though are the folks that have been pro-Harsin for awhile now. I'm not trying to troll, but is it simply because he has a stern look, works out with the players, and tosses out football platitudes ("1-0 everyday," etc.)? Again, I'm honestly asking.

I will bite. Set all that stuff aside…. He is a proven successful coach. Players generally liked playing for him it seemed.  We saw some position groups and players take significant developmental steps forward. Wasn’t playing favorites with the QB and was willing to make serious adjustments to win. It was refreshing to see someone appear to take the job seriously rather than for granted. 

Let me ask you this. Do you honestly think if the team could have pulled off two additional wins at the end of the season we would be where we are????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I haven’t even thought about the orange face mask in all this. I swear to got if they retire them for another 30 years I’ll quit

I guess you don't know but they transferred to another school. I'm sorry to break it to you. 

• Haha 1

Mason left on January22, telling his players he's taking a break from coaching for a while.  Surfaces at OK State for a pay cut one week later.  Who does that?  Could Mason have been the one that pulled the pin on the grenade leaving a parting gift that Harsin is in today? 

Harsin, while not firing him, was probably upset at the defense towards the end of the season.

Connecting the dots it adds up.  And that supported Proud Tiger's intel last night on Mason's assistant.  Speculation on my part, no facts here, but could explain where we are today, especially with the potential racial references towards Harsin.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I will bite. Set all that stuff aside…. He is a proven successful coach. Players generally liked playing for him it seemed.  We saw some position groups and players take significant developmental steps forward. Wasn’t playing favorites with the QB and was willing to make serious adjustments to win. It was refreshing to see someone appear to take the job seriously rather than for granted. 

Let me ask you this. Do you honestly think if the team could have pulled off two additional wins at the end of the season we would be where we are????

4 minutes ago, Sthrndream said:

Mason left on January22, telling his players he's taking a break from coaching for a while.  Surfaces at OK State for a pay cut one week later.  Who does that?  Could Mason have been the one that pulled the pin on the grenade leaving a parting gift that Harsin is in today? 

Harsin, while not firing him, was probably upset at the defense towards the end of the season.

Connecting the dots it adds up.  And that supported Proud Tiger's intel last night on Mason's assistant.  Speculation on my part, no facts here, but could explain where we are today, especially with the potential racial references towards Harsin.

Excuse me y'all are ruining this thread with all that talk. 

Cant you see we have a bigger problem, Harsin may or may not have ripped the tag off a mattress and went in an out door and on top of 'all that may or may not have went and used the elevator in front of players. Gah 😔

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

it was a 2 year, 3mm deal.  His 2022 salary was actually 1.7mm.  So he took a $600,000 pay cut to leave Auburn and our Hero Bryan Harsin

You don’t think he’s a hero? Don’t you know this is all about the boosters? Lol, 😂 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sthrndream said:

Upset at the defense for holding Alabama to 10 points in regulation? I probably should add, I agree with everything else you posted.

Wondering if Proud Tiger’s info is good?

Edited by AU-24

32 minutes ago, AUTUmike said:

Honest question here: let's set aside any rumor of abuse, racism, affairs, etc. Also set aside the mess that this process itself has become and the bad PR from firing a coach even merely on a performance basis after only a year. I think most everyone believes the situation is untenable now, regardless of how it got here. I guess what I'm curious about though are the folks that have been pro-Harsin for awhile now. I'm not trying to troll, but is it simply because he has a stern look, works out with the players, and tosses out football platitudes ("1-0 everyday," etc.)? Again, I'm honestly asking.

I will take a shot at it here. I was still pro harsin after the season. I did start losing some faith after NSD. 

For me, It was a very pleasant surprise to have that all business, detail oriented coach. He carries a lot of the same traits that the guy in T Town has. I also saw a lot of progress during the season. I saw a QB get better. I saw a competent Offensive scheme (even in the losses it mostly fell on execution). I saw TE usage. I saw player development. Yes, we had a massive collapse on the backend of the season, but we also had a chance to win every single game not against UGA and if our QB doesn't go down we likely win every single game. 

I will go on record and say, if Bo didn't get hurt we would not be experiencing any of this and nearly everybody would be stoked about the future of the program IMO. 

I think it was a good run of bad luck and bad decisions that got us where we are and got CBH where he is. It seems like things have just snow balled since end of season. I don't think there is any coming back from all this for CBH. I think we likely settle for a mutual parting of ways with the buyout being paid in full.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Excuse me y'all are ruining this thread with all that talk. 

Cant you see we have a bigger problem, Harsin may or may not have ripped the tag off a mattress and went in an out door and on top of 'all that may or may not have went and used the elevator in front of players. Gah 😔

That's not the worst of it. Burgess has a slam dunk case that Harsin on multiple occasions took the last cup of coffee without starting another pot. If the accusations about not wiping out the microwave are true, LAWD!

- sorry, couldn't resist. I'll stop. Back to your regularly-scheduled thread programming.

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will take a shot at it here. I was still pro harsin after the season. I did start losing some faith after NSD. 

For me, It was a very pleasant surprise to have that all business, detail oriented coach. He carries a lot of the same traits that the guy in T Town has. I also saw a lot of progress during the season. I saw a QB get better. I saw a competent Offensive scheme (even in the losses it mostly fell on execution). I saw TE usage. I saw player development. Yes, we had a massive collapse on the backend of the season, but we also had a chance to win every single game not against UGA and if our QB doesn't go down we likely win every single game. 

I will go on record and say, if Bo didn't get hurt we would not be experiencing any of this and nearly everybody would be stoked about the future of the program IMO. 

I think it was a good run of bad luck and bad decisions that got us where we are and got CBH where he is. It seems like things have just snow balled since end of season. I don't think there is any coming back from all this for CBH. I think we likely settle for a mutual parting of ways with the buyout being paid in full.

Winning the last two games doesn’t change the fact he completely flopped on NSD, portal, players leaving in droves, and coaches doing everything they can to get out of Auburn. 

Even if Bo hadn’t gotten hurt, he probably would have still left. 

Those are red flags that something is wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if anyone saw this update::

"The player interviews mentioned in the statement appear to be the latest step in Auburn's inquiry into Harsin, as Gogue has said the school is trying to separate fact from fiction.

Auburn has also been interviewing current assistant coaches and staffers about Harsin, sources have told ESPN. Some of those interviews took place Sunday and others were expected to spill over into Monday. The coaches and staffers were asked about some alleged issues that have arisen during Harsin's tenure, with the idea of drilling in on what's factual, per sources.

Auburn has used outside legal counsel in at least some of these interviews, which includes an outside firm Auburn has used previously, Lightfoot, Franklin & White, and an attorney there, Henry Gimenez, who specializes in collegiate sports.

The inquiry into Harsin is being run by university administration outside of the school's athletic department, as this is being viewed as an overall institutional decision and not one under the purview of the athletic department"

Harsin not back until Wednesday. Going to be in B'ham Thursday. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33238383/auburn-acknowledges-expanded-inquiries-football-coach-bryan-harsin-first-year-program

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Winning the last two games doesn’t change the fact he completely flopped on NSD, portal, players leaving in droves, and coaches doing everything they can to get out of Auburn. 

Even if Bo hadn’t gotten hurt, he probably would have still left. 

Those are red flags that something is wrong. 

I am not disagreeing with you.  All of that happened. The question was why we supported him.

So let me ask you this. Let's say Bo doesn't get hurt. Let's say we finish the season 9-3 with a win against Bama and a bowl win. How do you know all of that stuff still happens? You don't. No one does. I am sure some players would still leave...yes...but the entire snowball of unfortunate events .I doubt. I also doubt our recruiting is as bad. 10 win season for a first year HC looks a lot more promising than a losing season.

None of this matters because it didn't happen. I am aware. All I am saying is I think Bo Nix's injury was the start of a series of unfortunate events that I highly doubt all would have taken place had he not went down. JMO

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AUx said:

That's not the worst of it. Burgess has a slam dunk case that Harsin on multiple occasions took the last cup of coffee without starting another pot. If the accusations about not wiping out the microwave are true, LAWD!

- sorry, couldn't resist. I'll stop. Back to your regularly-scheduled thread programming.

Oh LAWD not the damn microwave that's gotta be false, I don't believe it for a second,  but he wasn't raised in the south so could be true. I don't know what to think anymore, please someone help me figure it out. 🥲

Edited by autiger88

14 minutes ago, AUx said:

In their investigations, they have also determined that while he was playing for BSU, on more than 4 occasions he returned tapes to Blockbuster without rewinding. It is getting ugly.

• Haha 6