Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Someone has been talking to an attorney

More like anyone with a brain/potential future agent.  Don't see why he'd be talking to an attorney to walk back his statement.

The perfect candidate to replace Harsin is Gus Malzahn's half brother Hugo Von Malzahn. He has stock in a couple Waffle House's so there's the Gus folksy humor. He is a practicing child psychologist so he can be the therapist for players in both camps. He grew up in Compton so he understands urban culture. Gus let him take a selfie with a tackling sled so he has SEC experience. He has a connection to Yeller Feller because he built a picnic table out of pressure treated lumber. Ideal candidate.

I remember Phillip Marshall when he was a hack sports reporter. Oh wait...he still is.

50 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Like I said before and jmo but I think Harsin was trying to get fired. He wasn't even trying.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bvy5vqwo256inxstwp

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I’m not criticizing the tweet in any way.  It’s the request that shouldn’t be necessary since the current players are likely to be interviewed anyway.  In hindsight, the tweet and thus the request is now a matter of public record which pretty much guarantees that they’re included in the investigation.  

Gotcha! I agree and why I love it. Players should be the first to be consulted with. 

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

It'd be nice.  hey, I heard Mike Leach graduated from law school before becoming  a coach... maybe I should look into that.  The first Lawyer/Coach.

Bruce Pearl is also a lawyer too, correct ?

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

C'mon now... let's not do that to current or former players

It was a joke

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

More like anyone with a brain/potential future agent.  Don't see why he'd be talking to an attorney to walk back his statement.

I would be.  But then I've always followed the adage, "the time to talk to a lawyer is before you need a lawyer."

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I missed that. where did you see it. That's big if he did.

I looked for it but he did. He said it he was never treated like a dog and that he was referring to his older brothers. Some other things as well. 

All I know if any of what is being discussed on the donor board is shown to be true then holy cow an affair with a subordinate is the LEAST of Harsin’s concerns. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

All I know if any of what is being discussed on the donor board is shown to be true then holy cow an affair with a subordinate is the LEAST of Harsin’s concerns. 

Sharing said info dear lady?

7 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Wow, that's not going to go over well with Auburn Twitter.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bruce Pearl is also a lawyer too, correct ?

not that I can find.

Nope, not sharing out of respect for the insiders that post there.  If they want things shared outside that board, they will do that.  

• Like 3

My 2 cents. I do find the Deion idea intriguing. Potentially stupid but intriguing. The violent truth is that we’re losing ground in recruiting. Have been and it’s worsening.  First uat rises,, then uga, now tamu and potentially lsu. We’re running out of geographical recruiting bases.

The Gus now Harsin situations are going to make AU look nuts/unhinged and Deion would change the national narrative immediately. He’s a energetic, dynamic “Pearlish” personality that could recruit like nuts and reset our recruiting (and cultural) trajectory.  Its not a subtle move. The media would love it and with the right coordinators it might work. As for FSU, that’s what contracts are for.

We throw away  $20-$40m and massive disruption to get ….. freeze or Steele?.   Just say that 3 times. IMO it’s a yawne that will continue our slide - plus they’re both damaged goods/sort of  creepy.

Again, nuts but intriguing.

Edited by auburnatl1

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It was a joke

Hard to tell these days.

16 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I would be.  But then I've always followed the adage, "the time to talk to a lawyer is before you need a lawyer."

Yeah sure, but what has Lee Hunter done or said that could result in an actionable suit against him? Nothing.  If you are implying defamation then no its not there.

Edited by Didba

15 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I looked for it but he did. He said it he was never treated like a dog and that he was referring to his older brothers. Some other things as well. 

Didn't some other players like his tweet?

7 minutes ago, LocalTiger said:

Sharing said info dear lady?

Go look to what I posted. Page 77 or 76.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Yeah. And some others like Derick Hall called him out I think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah. And some others like Derick Hall called him out I think. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

He then walked back his statement big time. top of page 78 I surmised it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, VegasEagle said:

Prime time! Pay top dollar for OC and DC! Guaranteed top ten program quickly!

How so?  He’s got no body of work…