Glad We Already Played Kentucky

BHDAU1

17 minutes ago, Grumps said:

UK has two losses. It would help us greatly for UAT to beat UK this weekend. I am pretty sure that head-to-head match-up does not matter for basketball. If we have the same record then I think we would share the regular season championship.

But only one of those losses is in the SEC.  After thinking about it I believe you are right that Basketball only uses SEC record and head to head matchup does not matter. We both agree it would be nice for UAT to beat Kentucky.

41 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

But only one of those losses is in the SEC.  After thinking about it I believe you are right that Basketball only uses SEC record and head to head matchup does not matter. We both agree it would be nice for UAT to beat Kentucky.

UK lost to us and to LSU. They have four total losses.

Exactly, They use a little 9 point lead to think they are better than us and then keep claiming injuries to TyTy and Wheeler... Wheeler played more minutes than anyone in the game. We've been down several times, as I said in a post previously, we just win. I would love to play them again. Beating Kentucky is just fun and we've done it quite a bit here recently lol.

Well, chances are we will be playing Kentucky again in the finals of the SEC tournament, if they make it. 😄

So we'll either get a nice boost or a nice revenge motivator heading into the NCAA tournament.

I'm honestly not worried about a single team in this country. I'm sure our guys aren't either. They won't take anyone lightly, but they won't flounder either. 

Couple of analysts saying we need a loss or 2 before the tournament. Not sure if I agree or disagree.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/foxs-mark-titus-tate-frazier-210457475.html

Titus and Frazier then talked about that last season Baylor didn't have a loss until at Kansas on Feb. 27, and Baylor then lost again to Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Tournament on March 12. Baylor went on to win the 2021 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

"That was good for them I think," Titus said of Baylor's two losses late. "They reset their whole mojo and then they went nuts in the NCAA Tournament."

Last year, Baylor won its six NCAA Tournament games by 15.3 points.

"We're both in agreement, if Auburn enters the NCAA Tournament with one loss, they're losing," Titus said.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Couple of analysts saying we need a loss or 2 before the tournament. Not sure if I agree or disagree.

Titus and Frazier then talked about that last season Baylor didn't have a loss until at Kansas on Feb. 27, and Baylor then lost again to Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Tournament on March 12. Baylor went on to win the 2021 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

"That was good for them I think," Titus said of Baylor's two losses late. "They reset their whole mojo and then they went nuts in the NCAA Tournament."

"We're both in agreement, if Auburn enters the NCAA Tournament with one loss, they're losing," Titus said.

I kinda agree.  I think a loss or two would slap our guys with a little bit of reality.  Don’t take anybody for granted, and bring your A game each time.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Wanting a loss or two is definitely not being a 🦚. I think the Missouri game woke them up and gave them a huge slap in the face that they needed.

• Like 2

I think a loss would do something for them, but I’m not gonna hope for it

Baylor also likely goes undefeated if not for the COVID pause they had. That disrupted their flow and they built back from that, not taking a punch because of a lack of focus 

I think tough wins like Missouri and Ole Miss are the same as losses from a learning standpoint. I don't buy the needing to lose to get better. A good coach can take noticeable weaknesses and adapt either during the game or after.

Edited by AU Is Gold
Grammar
  • Like 2

We will have some tough games coming up, especially the away games.  I don't think Georgia is equipped to hang this year unless we just shoot abysmally.  At Arkansas, MSU, and Tennessee will be hostile. For some reason I have higher confidence in UF game than the other 3 listed.  Honestly hope Kentucky loses Saturday.  I want to be able to shrug off a loss later lol.  Having a 3 game advantage will help. 

• Like 1

Kentucky is strong, but there is no team in the NCAA as deep or solid as Auburn when Auburn plays their game. 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

best news an Auburn fan will receive this week, I believe

I wonder why Calipari would say that publicly. Seems odd.

19 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I wonder why Calipari would say that publicly. Seems odd.

UK fans have been incredibly pissed about potentially wasting a top 10 pick lol. Doing it more to get them off his back and stop asking every game 

and if it does get to a point where he plays, he just lies and plays him. I do think both sides sincerely do not think Shaedon is in game shape though