For those upset with McGlynn stopping Harsin from hiring Zak Hill as OC

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

I hope our coaches are in Greene's office everyday and if they don't get results go straight to Roberts about this. 

Our coaches are having to sit back and watch the rest of the conference operate, some like bandits (aTm/Tennessee/soon to be Texas) openly offering huge NIL contracts for to prospects while our guys aren't even allowed to have a voice in NIL Auburn?  How the heck does NIL Auburn's administrators even know who needs to be approached for a contract? 

I'd hope Pearl is the squeaky wheel here - he has all the leverage and weight to push Greene & McGlynn to get this worked out.  I just can't fathom what could possibly have taken this long (NIL is 12 months old) to iron out these details? 

Like I said, my fear is that it was a condition we took to avoid NCAA sanctions. But I hope Bruce and Butch start letting Rich hear it daily if all that is true.

Edited by AUwent

The question is what does Chris Roberts plan to do? No one talks about him. I've wondered for a while if 1. He is a good ole boy pawn President, and 2. His plans with the athletic department. Well I just read a post on On3 saying that he is supposedly not a good ole boy pawn, and he is actually a fan of Harsin and ADAG. Shocking right, how could that be.

Harsin aside, the time has come to take action. Ideally you have a President that lets the AD do his thing. We have done that with ADAG, but right now we need a Pres. and AD on the same page who can clean up the athletic administration and booster crisis. We have amazing coaches like Butch, Bruce, and other sports who are making things work in spite of the dysfunction.

I don't care whether Roberts decides to clean house of all these athletic department employees who have overstayed their welcome, let them stay until retirement and just run things himself while they make coffee for him, or what. But do something. I'm tired of hearing things about individuals like McGlynn sabotaging our programs, when we all know the NCAA isn't doing anything.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Kind of a different angle on this. If certain boosters want Harsin gone,could they be using influence to stop the big money boosters from doing NIL? I'm not talking about Bojangles tea or some of the other small fries.. I'm mean big $ folks in Alabama

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Kind of a different angle on this. If certain boosters want Harsin gone,could they be using influence to stop the big money boosters from doing NIL? I'm not talking about Bojangles tea or some of the other small fries.. I'm mean big $ folks in Alabama

it's probably more of a situation where they don't necessarily want him gone but they also don't have the confidence to put down stupid amounts of money whereas with other coaches like kiffin, fisher, Kelly and so forth it's more easily justifiable. people hate the boosters but often they do have an inside track on the overall trajectory of things. conspiratorially I think the plan since the coup attempt failed is to not pay any kind of substantial buyout and just sit back and weather the storm and hope Harsin can keep the program afloat enough to avoid Tennessee vol status and then go after a coach when the time is ripe. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1