For those upset with McGlynn stopping Harsin from hiring Zak Hill as OC

TitanTiger

6 hours ago, Aucater said:

I think his mistake was not making the other offensive coaches follow Franklin's lead. they bucked and Tubs didn't back Franklin. Doomed I'd say from the get go. 

Nailed it. The bbq boys wouldn't buy in. Should've let Franklin bring in a couple of his guys, but he wasn't going to fire any bbq boys. Pretty sure Franklin was trying to teach every position group. Tubs wanted more I-formation plays and hated it. Just a disaster 

• 4 months later...

So…I think we can all appreciate what McGlynn has done for us in getting us through two BS investigations, but unfortunately, he could end up choking out our program.

Edited by AUwent
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

So…I think we can all appreciate what McGlynn has done for us in getting us through two BS investigations, but unfortunately, he could end up choking out our program.

Two investigations? 

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Are you bored? 

If it’s true that McGlynn is still keeping us from using NIL, then this is a very relevant topic with our recruiting woes.

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If it’s true that McGlynn is still keeping us from using NIL, then this is a very relevant topic with our recruiting woes.

K did not say it was not relevant and my understanding McGlynn is still not letting the coaches speak to NIL boosters but it's being worked on

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Where u hearing that at?

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

K did not say it was not relevant and my understanding McGlynn is still not letting the coaches speak to NIL boosters but it's being worked on

And this is my original point. Is there a timetable for him allowing our NIL program to get into gear? What is he waiting on? Is it a condition we settled on to avoid NCAA sanctions for bball? If he is actively suffocating our recruiting, something needs to be done about it!

Edited by AUwent
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And this is my original point. Is there a timetable for him allowing our NIL program to get into gear? What is he waiting on? Is it a condition we settled on to avoid NCAA sanctions for bball? If he is actively suffocating our recruiting, something needs to be done about it!

All I know atm is it's being worked on maybe someone else has more current info

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It's ridiculous.  Harsin is above Rich.  Tell him to EAD and talk to NIL groups.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

All I know atm is it's being worked on maybe someone else has more current info

Being worked on by whom, AD Greene, Prez Roberts, Harsin, McGlynn?  

NIL has been a thing for a year now and the Auburn Administration finds itself currently working through the flow of communication between Auburn coaching staffers and the Auburn boosters that fund the NIL collective? 

Come on folks, it takes a phone call to NCAA or call Greg Sankey at SEC headquarters to get direction on the appropriate flow of communication. This is such :bs: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It's ridiculous.  Harsin is above Rich.  Tell him to EAD and talk to NIL groups.

Does this not have the feel of a bunch of excuses, on after another to you?  

Now we're hearing McGlynn has thrown up road blocks for NIL, but it's being "worked out" - when NIL has been in the works for a freaking year.  It's almost July and we're being lead to believe that our coaches haven't been allowed to communicate with Auburn NIL due to Auburn compliance STILL vetting the rules for NIL.  

Has the Auburn Administration been sitting on their butt's all these months while other programs all around us operates in a Wild West landscape reeling in top talent but Auburn coaches can't communicate with our own people who fund NIL Auburn?   Have coaches just sat back patiently, quietly and not questioned why they aren't allowed communicate with NIL boosters?  

This sounds so weak.  Like a bunch of beta's are running this thing, operating from the backseat with no authority, initiative, strength or power whatsoever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

What a joke he is. Does he think the NCAA really gonna do s*** about it? Lol no. His bosses need to tell him to fall in line. Harsin may be above him but he's not gonna do that after what happened. He's gotta watch himself to get his buyout

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Being worked on by whom, AD Greene, Prez Roberts, Harsin, McGlynn?  

NIL has been a thing for a year now and the Auburn Administration finds itself currently working through the flow of communication between Auburn coaching staffers and the Auburn boosters that fund the NIL collective? 

Come on folks, it takes a phone call to NCAA or call Greg Sankey at SEC headquarters to get direction on the appropriate flow of communication. This is such :bs: 

Roberts

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

What a joke he is. Does he think the NCAA really gonna do s*** about it? Lol no. His bosses need to tell him to fall in line. Harsin may be above him but he's not gonna do that after what happened. He's gotta watch himself to get his buyout

I don't think it would take CBH doing a dang thing, let Bruce or Butch voice their concern's about McGlynn throwing up compliance roadblocks and that would be enough to get this "issue" rectified.  

It's not difficult and all it takes a phone call to the Birmingham offices to get the most current rules and regulations regarding a school's communication procedures with their own NIL collectives.  A single phone call!

• Thanks 1

I apologize if I go over the top in threads like this.

It just chaps me that Auburn would stunt it's own growth during at time where the transfer portal & NIL are running unrestricted.  If our own people choose to put up barriers with the current environment of college athletics and those same people go unchallenged by our own head coach's then something's wrong folks! 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I apologize if I go over the top in threads like this.

It just chaps me that Auburn would stunt it's own growth during at time where the transfer portal & NIL are running unrestricted.  If our own people choose to put up barriers with the current environment of college athletics and those same people go unchallenged by our own head coach's then something's wrong folks! 

You are assuming Harsin is not complaining about it. By the way since there was so little guidance on the NIL it may or may not be against the rules for coached to directly talk to the NIL people and if you asked different people at the NCAA Level and SEC level you probably would get multiple answers on this. McGlynn has saved our butts a few times that may be how he is reading the regulation if he is right we could get into a lot of trouble. That said with no clear guidance from NCAA and with so many allowing it I don't think NCAA could enforce it retroactively. What I mean by that is if NCAA tried to do it retroactively they would be hit with a plethora of law suits.  The best the NCAA can probably do now is publish clarification and say if after we publish this clarification and you do something wrong after we publish we can go after you.

That said even if Harsin is not talking directly to people running the NIL I would be shocked if there isn't some type of unofficial pipeline getting the word to them.  The big question I have is how good or bad is our NIL setup we ssem to be late to the party in oranizing ang getting pledged money.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You are assuming Harsin is not complaining about it. By the way since there was so little guidance on the NIL it may or may not be against the rules for coached to directly talk to the NIL people and if you asked different people at the NCAA Level and SEC level you probably would get multiple answers on this. McGlynn has saved our butts a few times that may be how he is reading the regulation if he is right we could get into a lot of trouble. That said with no clear guidance from NCAA and with so many allowing it I don't think NCAA could enforce it retroactively. What I mean by that is if NCAA tried to do it retroactively they would be hit with a plethora of law suits.  The best the NCAA can probably do now is publish clarification and say if after we publish this clarification and you do something wrong after we publish we can go after you.

That said even if Harsin is not talking directly to people running the NIL I would be shocked if there isn't some type of unofficial pipeline getting the word to them.  The big question I have is how good or bad is our NIL setup we ssem to be late to the party in oranizing ang getting pledged money.

IMO a simple phone call to Greg Sankey at SEC headquarters would remedy the situation relative to our head coaches communicating with Auburn NIL.  Simply ask Sankey for SEC guidelines and ask how other SEC programs are administering their lines of communication with their collectives. :gofig:

AND why hasn't Auburn publicized our current players NIL contracts?  If a highly rated RB recruit sees that Tank Bigsby is being well taken care of then they may lean towards Auburn knowing they will be well paid once they get here. 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

This lines up with what I've heard through a couple of different sources. And @JerryAU, I guarantee you that Harsin has, shall we say, made his opinion known to the relevant administrators. I don't have any connections with the basketball or baseball staffs, but I would imagine they've been raising cane, too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

This lines up with what I've heard through a couple of different sources. And @JerryAU, I guarantee you that Harsin has, shall we say, made his opinion known to the relevant administrators. I don't have any connections with the basketball or baseball staffs, but I would imagine they've been raising cane, too. 

I hope our coaches are in Greene's office everyday and if they don't get results go straight to Roberts about this. 

Our coaches are having to sit back and watch the rest of the conference operate, some like bandits (aTm/Tennessee/soon to be Texas) openly offering huge NIL contracts for to prospects while our guys aren't even allowed to have a voice in NIL Auburn?  How the heck does NIL Auburn's administrators even know who needs to be approached for a contract? 

I'd hope Pearl is the squeaky wheel here - he has all the leverage and weight to push Greene & McGlynn to get this worked out.  I just can't fathom what could possibly have taken this long (NIL is 12 months old) to iron out these details? 

• Like 1