For those upset with McGlynn stopping Harsin from hiring Zak Hill as OC

TitanTiger

I'm unfamiliar with the storyline provided in the title, is that pubic knowledge or a discussion that I missed on here?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm unfamiliar with the storyline provided in the title, is that pubic knowledge or a discussion that I missed on here?

Hill was Harsin's #1 choice.  ASU has been under investigation for a lot of violations, including sneaking players on campus for visits during covid.  Our compliance dept said nah on Hill.  Rich Hill was the boogie man as he's made out to be by a lot of ppl

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Due diligence paid off.

Certainly did. I was definitely one that was anxious to get the OC on board. Also think we landed a much more attractive QB coach which should be more attractive to QB recruits in future. Believe it pays dividends in the future.

Since this may also be about McGlynn:

Think about what the compliance department and the AU basketball deptartment did by trying so hard to get the Chuck Person/basketball issue behind us. If we had not done so much on our own then they NCAA said that they would have likely given us a two year post-season ban. That means no NCAA tourney for us THIS year! We are extremely fortunate that we have the opportunity to use our bball talent in the post-season this year.

• Like 3

Excited about the Austin Davis hire but still a little concerned that Harsin wanted to hire Hill first. Not because of infractions stuff but because of what might be an over reliance on "his guys". I had chilled on that concern but it's kinda resurfacing for me.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Excited about the Austin Davis hire but still a little concerned that Harsin wanted to hire Hill first. Not because of infractions stuff but because of what might be an over reliance on "his guys". I had chilled on that concern but it's kinda resurfacing for me.

Seems like an obvious move after the OC/DC first hire problems. 

32 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Seems like an obvious move after the OC/DC first hire problems. 

Not to me. 

Reminds me of everyone calling Tuberville stupid for switching to the spread. That wasn't his mistake. He just hired the wrong dude. (And we won a national championship 2 years later running something akin to a spread offense behind an offensive line he recruited.)

Harsin's mistake wasn't hiring outsiders to run the offense. It was hiring the wrong ones. IMO

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

question why was this harsin's first choice? Didn't they have enough work experience together that he should have known what he was about?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

Is Austin Davis on campus yet?

Yes. But apparently has covid and hasn't been able to recruit 

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Definitely a weird look for Harsin. Hill should’ve never been in the running to begin with even with a clean record 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Reminds me of everyone calling Tuberville stupid for switching to the spread. That wasn't his mistake. He just hired the wrong dude. (And we won a national championship 2 years later running something akin to a spread offense behind an offensive line he recruited.)

I think his mistake was not making the other offensive coaches follow Franklin's lead. they bucked and Tubs didn't back Franklin. Doomed I'd say from the get go. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Aucater said:

I think his mistake was not making the other offensive coaches follow Franklin's lead. they bucked and Tubs didn't back Franklin. Doomed I'd say from the get go. 

That, too.

51 minutes ago, Aucater said:

Tubs definitely wasn’t “All In”.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Tubs definitely wasn’t “All In”.

He may have gone about it the wrong way, but Tubs was a man of vision and saw what offense was close to becoming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1