Team tightness

LPTiger

I think this is really cool about our team.  My daughter is friends with the mom of a current player.   The player is a white kid and with the new covid protocols he often doesn't even get to dress out (only 15 dress).   Here is the cool part, she said this team is "super close with one another."    She said Dylan loves coming to their lake house.  She said "Al" often calls her son "just to see what he is up to."   She said "all of the kids" are really close.   She said it is very different than last year.   She said Coop wasn't a bad guy and didn't act like he was "better" than the other kids, but he just wasn't interested in making friends.  I firmly believe the difference between good teams and great teams is as much about the locker room as it is the talent.   This team has a chance to be great.   War Eagle always.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I think this is really cool about our team.  My daughter is friends with the mom of a current player.   The player is a white kid and with the new covid protocols he often doesn't even get to dress out (only 15 dress).   Here is the cool part, she said this team is "super close with one another."    She said Dylan loves coming to their lake house.  She said "Al" often calls her son "just to see what he is up to."   She said "all of the kids" are really close.   She said it is very different than last year.   She said Coop wasn't a bad guy and didn't act like he was "better" than the other kids, but he just wasn't interested in making friends.  I firmly believe the difference between good teams and great teams is as much about the locker room as it is the talent.   This team has a chance to be great.   War Eagle always.

The vision I got while reading this was that of our 04 football team and the way they decided, of their own volition, to enter the field with arms locked together. There's absolutely a difference in playing for a team in which you're all on the same side and playing for a team in which every other player would jump on a grenade in a foxhole to save the rest (metaphorically speaking, of course).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

The vision I got while reading this was that of our 04 football team and the way they decided, of their own volition, to enter the field with arms locked together.

BROOOOOOO!!!!   That team was once-in-a-lifetime special!!!!   I would rather watch reruns of that team than any live games we played since the 2019 IB.  
I would love to see this basketball team have the same kind of memorable imprint on AU!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, AUinMS9528 said:

BROOOOOOO!!!!   That team was once-in-a-lifetime special!!!!   I would rather watch reruns of that team than any live games we played since the 2019 IB.  
I would love to see this basketball team have the same kind of memorable imprint on AU!!!!!

Edit: I mean live football games.   I watch every one of the basketball games this year!