New QB Robby Ashford

Tony4AU

16 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I'm honestly surprised we are investing any iota of energy in further securing qb's w four already on the roster. Do most teams carry 5?  I'm happy for another one and he appears to be a formidable acquisition but my god, immediately deploy all assets and resources towards wr's and and o-line immediately.

I'd say we were in an equally bad position at QB.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

These all seem to be good guys, which makes you feel all kinds of ways.

The main thing it makes me feel is that Harsin has continued to put a premium on character when recruiting. I was concerned that we'd lose the best thing about the Malzahn experience, but it seems we haven't. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The main thing it makes me feel is that Harsin has continued to put a premium on character when recruiting. I was concerned that we'd lose the best thing about the Malzahn experience, but it seems we haven't. 

Just looking around the CFB landscape at the highest performing college Qb's, they all seem to have good character these days.  I don't see many Jamies Winston, Johnny "JFF" Manziel or even Baker Mayfield type guys.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Just looking around the CFB landscape at the highest performing college Qb's, they all seem to have good character these days.  I don't see many Jamies Winston, Johnny "JFF" Manziel or even Baker Mayfield type guys.   

Seems that sports have been cleaned up in general. I dunno, maybe that's more feeling that reality. But it just seems like, even in the Twitter age we hear less about violence and general awfulness. Still some of it, of course, but it seems like we used to be bombarded regularly with negative stories. Am I wrong about that? Do teams take their vetting more seriously now? 

I haven't really thought about it but you have me thinking about it now. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seems that sports have been cleaned up in general. I dunno, maybe that's more feeling that reality. But it just seems like, even in the Twitter age we hear less about violence and general awfulness. Still some of it, of course, but it seems like we used to be bombarded regularly with negative stories. Am I wrong about that? Do teams take their vetting more seriously now? 

I haven't really thought about it but you have me thinking about it now. 

I think that's also led to the sanitizing of interesting personalities in CFB. Maybe it also is affected by the lack of guys who genuinely prioritize the college experience after 1-2 years. 

In general, guys with an edge coincide with interesting prospects. I don't want players shooting up parties or doing hard drugs as often as once occurred, but I would like a few more talented headcases that prove everyone wrong!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think that's also led to the sanitizing of interesting personalities in CFB. Maybe it also is affected by the lack of guys who genuinely prioritize the college experience after 1-2 years. 

In general, guys with an edge coincide with interesting prospects. I don't want players shooting up parties or doing hard drugs as often as once occurred, but I would like a few more talented headcases that prove everyone wrong!! 

More Marshawn Lynch and Deion Sanders, please #nofunleague

• Like 1

I told y'all when we got Calzada that he will be our QB and he isn't a "backup QB" because we're getting Caleb Williams. We were NEVER in the running for Caleb Williams, no matter what fans or "insiders" want to try and spin. The reason Bo Nix left and we could only get Calzada was because we struck out on getting any O-linemen through recruiting and the portal. This is also a reason we are struggling getting any WR's worth a damn because they know we don't have great QB play to get them the ball. And why don't we have a great QB? Because we don't have anything coming in on the O-line and no QB worth a damn wants to get sacked or run for his life all game long. You fans can look through your orange and blue glasses all you want and try to spin some elaborate story that everything will be fine on the offensive side of the ball but I'm telling y'all, it's gonne be bad next year on offense. And then at the end of next year, we lose our O-line to no eligibility left and 2023 O-line recruiting isn't looking great either. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I told y'all when we got Calzada that he will be our QB and he isn't a "backup QB" because we're getting Caleb Williams. We were NEVER in the running for Caleb Williams, no matter what fans or "insiders" want to try and spin. The reason Bo Nix left and we could only get Calzada was because we struck out on getting any O-linemen through recruiting and the portal. This is also a reason we are struggling getting any WR's worth a damn because they know we don't have great QB play to get them the ball. And why don't we have a great QB? Because we don't have anything coming in on the O-line and no QB worth a damn wants to get sacked or run for his life all game long. You fans can look through your orange and blue glasses all you want and try to spin some elaborate story that everything will be fine on the offensive side of the ball but I'm telling y'all, it's gonne be bad next year on offense. And then at the end of next year, we lose our O-line to no eligibility left and 2023 O-line recruiting isn't looking great either. 

Go take a long walk off a short pier. Jeez. Al do you feel better now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

You're not wrong. I'm hoping that the O-line is at least mediocre next year.

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

You're acting like Calzada doesn't belong on the same field as Nix. He may not be better, but it's not much, if any, of a downgrade. In fact, it could very well be an upgrade. I say this as someone who was frustrated then Calzada committed. I agree on some of your points though. We're in a bad cycle on O for a few years now. 

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I can tell you one thing. If Ashford had signed with Malzahn out of high school, this board would have LOVED him. 

He'd be a guaranteed 4-year starter

I'm pretty reserved for any compliments for the offensive side of the staff at this moment, but I don't know what you gain from those doomer rants either lol 

I just try to avoid following the offense recruiting and that keeps me appeased 

• Like 2