how freakin stupid are some of the maga folks? here's how................

aubiefifty

Think rioting at the U.S. Capitol is a bad idea? Try calling Nancy Pelosi’s office the next day asking to get your stuff back.

According to Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), many people who participated in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection called the House Speaker’s office the next day asking about a “lost and found.”

Raskin told Business Insider that people were “asking whether there was a lost and found because they forgot their phone there, or they left their purse or what have you.”

The staffers answering the calls handed them off to the police, the lawmaker said, who then asked for their names, addresses and other details so they could, in Raskin’s words, “tie up those loose ends.”

More than 700 people have been charged in connection to the assault on the Capitol so far.

It might seem shocking that people who stormed the Capitol one day would have no qualms about calling the next day in search of their lost items, but Raskin said that points to former President Donald Trump’s complicity in the events of Jan. 6.

“When they were told that they were trespassing and invading the Capitol, they said the president invited them to be there,” Raskin said. “They didn’t have any kind of subtle understanding of the separation of powers. They just thought that the number one person in the U.S. government had invited them to be there, and therefore they had a right.”

“It underscores the central role that Donald Trump played in it,” Raskin added.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost and has been updated.

Related...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i know some hate the huff but yahoo and other news sites posted it for the record.

So fifty, what insurrectionist would call to get what they had lost back?  The answer is:  wait for it…..None as they were not insurrectionist, just rioters that missed placed their belongings. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Doesn't sound like much of a coup.  The question is did Nancy return the items.

no they have been getting arrested and charged. you folks kill me.

19 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So fifty, what insurrectionist would call to get what they had lost back?  The answer is:  wait for it…..None as they were not insurrectionist, just rioters that missed placed their belongings. 

that is a whole lot of bullsh*t to ask someone to swallow.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that is a whole lot of bullsh*t to ask someone to swallow.

No, the bullsh*t that this was an insurrection (coup) is hard to swallow.  The Dems are trying to control the narrative and getting their DOJ to *prove* it. We have to put our faith in the courts.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, the bullsh*t that this was an insurrection (coup) is hard to swallow.  The Dems are trying to control the narrative and getting their DOJ to *prove* it. We have to put our faith in the courts.

in my opinion you guys lost all cred when you voted for trump. you folks even said he was sent by jesus as well as saying he was not a crook and all thirty something sexual assaults were bull. you took up for him when he made fun of medal of honor winners and pow's which were a sacred cow for you guys until trump made it political. you act like mccain was a piuece of crap because he supposedly sang like a bird because he could not handle the torture. as for the doj siding with us  what about the proud boys and their plans to stockpile weapons they could get to quick? you guys kill me. you cherry pick your info and try to make it appear something else. and i am pretty sure the repubs not kissing trumps behind are trying to control the narrative for the dems as well. in fact any that want the truth on the right have been thrown under the bus. even ted almost grew a pair until they attacked him and he went on the tele to blow fox news because he was taking so much heat from his own party. so maybe you need to try harder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

in my opinion you guys lost all cred when you voted for trump. you folks even said he was sent by jesus as well as saying he was not a crook and all thirty something sexual assaults were bull. you took up for him when he made fun of medal of honor winners and pow's which were a sacred cow for you guys until trump made it political. you act like mccain was a piuece of crap because he supposedly sang like a bird because he could not handle the torture. as for the doj siding with us  what about the proud boys and their plans to stockpile weapons they could get to quick? you guys kill me. you cherry pick your info and try to make it appear something else. and i am pretty sure the repubs not kissing trumps behind are trying to control the narrative for the dems as well. in fact any that want the truth on the right have been thrown under the bus. even ted almost grew a pair until they attacked him and he went on the tele to blow fox news because he was taking so much heat from his own party. so maybe you need to try harder.

Believe it or not, fifty, this is not about Trump.  It is about this administration continuing to gaslighting the country on his agenda.  It doesn’t stop with the riots of January 6h, it stretches on the the voting rights act, his vaccine mandates, the border crisis, Afghanistan withdrawal (leave no American citizen behind) and on and on.  The guy is a fake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

On 1/16/2022 at 9:41 AM, aubiefifty said:

Think rioting at the U.S. Capitol is a bad idea? Try calling Nancy Pelosi’s office the next day asking to get your stuff back.

According to Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), many people who participated in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection called the House Speaker’s office the next day asking about a “lost and found.”

Raskin told Business Insider that people were “asking whether there was a lost and found because they forgot their phone there, or they left their purse or what have you.”

The staffers answering the calls handed them off to the police, the lawmaker said, who then asked for their names, addresses and other details so they could, in Raskin’s words, “tie up those loose ends.”

More than 700 people have been charged in connection to the assault on the Capitol so far.

It might seem shocking that people who stormed the Capitol one day would have no qualms about calling the next day in search of their lost items, but Raskin said that points to former President Donald Trump’s complicity in the events of Jan. 6.

“When they were told that they were trespassing and invading the Capitol, they said the president invited them to be there,” Raskin said. “They didn’t have any kind of subtle understanding of the separation of powers. They just thought that the number one person in the U.S. government had invited them to be there, and therefore they had a right.”

“It underscores the central role that Donald Trump played in it,” Raskin added.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost and has been updated.

Related...

Trump invited them to break into the Capitol. I see now! Do you have a copy of one of the invitations?  Impeach him again!

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Grumps said:

Trump invited them to break into the Capitol. I see now! Do you have a copy of one of the invitations?  Impeach him again!

i would have him hanging from the nearest tree! wannna come watch?

On 1/16/2022 at 1:47 PM, I_M4_AU said:

so you want to overturn a lawful election result and hang the man that refused to go along and it is just a riot? sorry bro that one will not fly.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

bfkjpbbg7vb81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

if you are trying to change an election by unlawful means you do not get to call yourself a patriot. if you attack, harm, and or kill police guarding the capitol you do not get to call yourself pro police. and if you believe most of the Q anon crap you might be mentally ill and need to be committed. if you are ok with fascism then you spit on all the soldiers that gave their lives before you to stop that threat which basically means you spit on the flag as well. and then by gosh when you cannot defend the living piece of crap known as trump then you shame religion by saying he was sent by god himself. and this after trump used the bible to try to show christians he was one of them. but in his insult to god he held the bible upside down. and then we have "HIS" folks who by now should know what he really is and are enabling all this bullcrap. folks bang on biden but he was voted in to stop the craziness. that was the main thing folks voted for him for. did i miss anything CT?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Grumps said:

so now it is comedy hour gramps? all that crap that happened is so not funny. people died and were hurt and yet here you are. be proud! hey grow a pair and tell that to all the folks hurt or died or the suicides which has devastated many families. let them know how you feel about. seriously..............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

so now it is comedy hour gramps? all that crap that happened is so not funny. people died and were hurt and yet here you are. be proud! hey grow a pair and tell that to all the folks hurt or died or the suicides which has devastated many families. let them know how you feel about. seriously..............

Only one person died. An unarmed female who was shot without warning by a capitol policeman who was in no danger from her.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 1/16/2022 at 10:41 AM, aubiefifty said:

Think rioting at the U.S. Capitol is a bad idea?

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

so you want to overturn a lawful election result and hang the man that refused to go along and it is just a riot? sorry bro that one will not fly.

Fifty, the quote you used is on top and it clearly calls what happened a riot.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

62e.png

I thought that, for playing stupid games, we were to be awarded stupid prizes? 

Not surprising to see the folks that trump sent to this forum, as mentioned in your meme above, admitting that they think this only applies to black people and that they stand in solidarity with the 1/6 traitors. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Fifty, the quote you used is on top and it clearly calls what happened a riot.

want me to color you a picture bro? i know you guys were hoping to get a small victory and a laugh but you guys must not have read anything but the top line. i posted it above and exactly where it falls in relation to your quote. so maybe you think people do not riot when they have an insurrection? lol i know you were not trying to be dishonest right? it sure looks suspect.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Only one person died. An unarmed female who was shot without warning by a capitol policeman who was in no danger from her.  

Column: Ashli Babbitt was not a peaceful protester. It’s clear why the cop who shot her was exonerated - Los Angeles Times

Nicholas Goldberg
5-7 minutes

On the day the police officer who shot her was exonerated, I went back and watched the terrifying footage of Ashli Babbitt’s death during the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

It had been months since I’d seen it, and I had forgotten how frightening it was, the kind of scene we see all the time in the movies — transformed suddenly into a shocking, violent reality.

In the seven months since she was killed, Babbitt has become a martyr to the far right. In the twisted revisionist narrative being pushed by former President Trump and his supporters, she was a peaceful demonstrator — an “innocent, wonderful, incredible woman” — who was unjustifiably murdered by the police even though she posed no danger.

But that’s not what the video shows. Her death was a tragedy, to be sure — but it was hardly an unjustified murder.

In our first view of Babbitt on the video she’s at the front of an angry mob trying to get through to the “Speaker’s Lobby,” where members of Congress and staff are holed up. She’s screaming at the police, apparently demanding entry.

The crowd is surging. It’s at the doors. “F— the blue!” can be heard. People are bashing at the glass panels on the doors with sticks and flagpoles. Several police officers are doing their best to hold back an entire crowd, but it seems like a losing battle. “Break it down,” yells the crowd.

Members of Congress can be seen on the other side of the door. Also on the other side of the door is a police lieutenant holding a gun, pointing it at the mob, an unmistakable warning to stay back.

But Babbit decides instead — although it’s a little hard to see on the video — to climb through the shattered glass window into the Speaker’s Lobby, past the police barricade, toward the pointed gun. If she is allowed through, it seems inevitable that the mob will follow.

As she climbs through, a single shot is fired and she drops to the floor.

On Monday, the U.S. Capitol Police declared the shooting lawful, and said it would not pursue disciplinary charges against the lieutenant who killed Babbitt. That follows April’s decision by the Department of Justice not to bring criminal charges against the officer. Neither agency named the lieutenant, for his own safety.

“An officer may use deadly force only when the officer reasonably believes that action is in the defense of human life, including the officer’s own life, or in the defense of any person in immediate danger of serious physical injury,” wrote the Capitol Police’s Office of Professional Responsibility.

“The actions of the officer in this case potentially saved members [of Congress] and staff from serious injury and possible death from a large crowd of rioters.”

I’m not a forensics expert, nor am I a cop. I haven’t interviewed the witnesses or seen any more evidence than what I’ve described. But my normal human reaction to the video tells me that the Capitol Police and the Justice Department are absolutely right.

I watched it repeatedly. Babbitt crossed a line that had been clearly delineated. The police obviously felt it was a last stand. The potential danger was obvious. Babbitt’s shooting appears to have stopped the forward movement of the crowd. All this happened on a day when the vice president’s life had been threatened, and when police were being savagely beaten elsewhere in the building.

Could the mob possibly have been stopped without Babbitt’s death? Maybe. Perhaps there was a way to have avoided deadly force. But it’s not clear to me what that way would have been — and it is clear that if Babbitt had gone through that doorway, an out-of-control situation would have deteriorated further.

From the moment the trigger was pulled by the anonymous police officer it was inevitable that Babbitt would become a martyr to the right. She was a 35-year-old Air Force veteran from San Diego, a vehement supporter of the former president and an adherent of the conspiracy theories of QAnon.

No one should be surprised by the signs at rallies that call her a “protester murdered by the Capitol Police.” Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) described the shooting as “an execution.”

But it is the involvement of Trump himself that really threatens to turn the narrative on its head. Trump has asked why the Capitol Police officer is “getting away with murder.” He asked repeatedly: “Who Shot Ashli Babbitt?” This month, escalating his rhetoric, he said, more chillingly: “We know who he is.”

On Fox News with Trump, host Maria Bartiromo described Babbitt as a woman who went to a “peaceful protest.” And Trump put it in the context of us versus them. “If this happened to the ‘other side,’” he said in a statement, “there would be riots all over America… The Radical Left haters cannot be allowed to get away with this. There must be justice.”

“There was no reason for it,” Trump said of her shooting.

But there was a reason.

Americans need to remember that, and not be fooled. In these days when the truth has been devalued, when everything can be spun, where facts are malleable and can be dismantled and reassembled to tell an entirely different story — remember at least the clear-cut images on the video.

These weren’t peaceful demonstrators. These weren’t protesters exercising their constitutionally protected right to calmly express differences of opinion with their elected representatives.

They were bashing down the doors.

This was a riot, Ashli Babbitt was at its vanguard, and, based on what I’ve seen, the police officer who shot her was doing his job.

@Nick_Goldberg

‘She was posing a threat’ — Capitol officer Michael Byrd, who shot pro-Trump rioter Ashli Babbitt, goes public

Published Thu, Aug 26 20217:38 PM EDTUpdated Fri, Aug 27 20218:07 AM EDT

Kevin Breuninger@KevinWilliamB

Key Points

Lt. Michael Byrd, the officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt during the Jan. 6 Capitol invasion, said in his first comments after publicly revealing his identity that the unarmed rioter was “posing a threat” to Congress.

“I had been yelling and screaming as loud as I was, ‘Please stop, get back, get back,‘” Byrd told NBC Nightly News’ Lester Holt in an interview that aired Thursday evening.

The officer’s remarks came three days after the U.S. Capitol Police Department said that it would not discipline him following an internal investigation of the shooting.

so what kind of lies you going to spread this time jj?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

want me to color you a picture bro? i know you guys were hoping to get a small victory and a laugh but you guys must not have read anything but the top line. i posted it above and exactly where it falls in relation to your quote. so maybe you think people do not riot when they have an insurrection? lol i know you were not trying to be dishonest right? it sure looks suspect.

Let’s see; the Huff Post, a left leaning publication, calls it a riot while quoting a Democrat from Maryland saying it’s an insurrection.  At least I’m not confused.  If you are a Democrat it is definitely an insurrection, however, if you are the media, left or right, its a riot.

Like some *protests* over the summer it turned into a riot.  End of story.

Again; insurrectionist don’t call and ask for their stuff back and for that matter neither do most rioters,  only the *rioters* that didn’t think they did anything wrong.

This thread didn’t turn out the way you had hoped.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let’s see; the Huff Post, a left leaning publication, calls it a riot while quoting a Democrat from Maryland saying it’s an insurrection.  At least I’m not confused.  If you are a Democrat it is definitely an insurrection, however, if you are the media, left or right, its a riot.

Like some *protests* over the summer it turned into a riot.  End of story.

Again; insurrectionist don’t call and ask for their stuff back and for that matter neither do most rioters,  only the *rioters* that didn’t think they did anything wrong.

This thread didn’t turn out the way you had hoped.

pardon me if i take a professor's opinion over yours. please read all of it. it is short.

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro is correct that insurrection under 18 U.S.C. 2383 is a crime with specific elements (“Stop Calling Jan. 6 an ‘Insurrection,’” op-ed, Jan. 6). But he misstates the law and the facts.

The terms “rebellion” and “insurrection” in the statute are undefined and the case law applying this section is sparse. If the exercise of statutory interpretation should involve dictionary definitions such as those that Mr. Shapiro cites—an “act or instance of revolting against civil authority,” “an armed uprising that quickly fails or succeeds”—it would seem that the case against those who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, bearing knives, clubs, shields and guns, would be ironclad.

It’s unclear why Mr. Shapiro thinks there’s no “rebellion” or “insurrection” unless met with military force, as if that were an additional element under the statute. In any event, the National Guard was belatedly called to the Capitol by 3:36 p.m. on the day of the insurrection, so that element would be met as well.

Let’s keep calling this what it was: a violent insurrection.

Prof. David W. Opderbeck

Seton Hall University School of Law

41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

pardon me if i take a professor's opinion over yours. please read all of it. it is short.

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro is correct that insurrection under 18 U.S.C. 2383 is a crime with specific elements (“Stop Calling Jan. 6 an ‘Insurrection,’” op-ed, Jan. 6). But he misstates the law and the facts.

The terms “rebellion” and “insurrection” in the statute are undefined and the case law applying this section is sparse. If the exercise of statutory interpretation should involve dictionary definitions such as those that Mr. Shapiro cites—an “act or instance of revolting against civil authority,” “an armed uprising that quickly fails or succeeds”—it would seem that the case against those who breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, bearing knives, clubs, shields and guns, would be ironclad.

It’s unclear why Mr. Shapiro thinks there’s no “rebellion” or “insurrection” unless met with military force, as if that were an additional element under the statute. In any event, the National Guard was belatedly called to the Capitol by 3:36 p.m. on the day of the insurrection, so that element would be met as well.

Let’s keep calling this what it was: a violent insurrection.

Prof. David W. Opderbeck

Seton Hall University School of Law

A couple of things here; there were no guns found on the people that were in the Capitol Building.  The only person shot was a rioter by the Capitol Police and there was NO retaliation to that incident.  If this mob was so unified in their cause; do you think killing one of their own would go unpunished?  Do you think people with knives, clubs and shields would attack police equipped with military grade weapons? 

The good Professor is wildly unethical as he try’s to suggest there was military force applied and therefore, it was an *insurrection* as the National Guard was not deployed to take part in the *insurrection*, but to quell  the riot.

Seton Hall must be proud.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Column: Ashli Babbitt was not a peaceful protester. It’s clear why the cop who shot her was exonerated - Los Angeles Times

Nicholas Goldberg
5-7 minutes

On the day the police officer who shot her was exonerated, I went back and watched the terrifying footage of Ashli Babbitt’s death during the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

It had been months since I’d seen it, and I had forgotten how frightening it was, the kind of scene we see all the time in the movies — transformed suddenly into a shocking, violent reality.

In the seven months since she was killed, Babbitt has become a martyr to the far right. In the twisted revisionist narrative being pushed by former President Trump and his supporters, she was a peaceful demonstrator — an “innocent, wonderful, incredible woman” — who was unjustifiably murdered by the police even though she posed no danger.

But that’s not what the video shows. Her death was a tragedy, to be sure — but it was hardly an unjustified murder.

In our first view of Babbitt on the video she’s at the front of an angry mob trying to get through to the “Speaker’s Lobby,” where members of Congress and staff are holed up. She’s screaming at the police, apparently demanding entry.

The crowd is surging. It’s at the doors. “F— the blue!” can be heard. People are bashing at the glass panels on the doors with sticks and flagpoles. Several police officers are doing their best to hold back an entire crowd, but it seems like a losing battle. “Break it down,” yells the crowd.

Members of Congress can be seen on the other side of the door. Also on the other side of the door is a police lieutenant holding a gun, pointing it at the mob, an unmistakable warning to stay back.

But Babbit decides instead — although it’s a little hard to see on the video — to climb through the shattered glass window into the Speaker’s Lobby, past the police barricade, toward the pointed gun. If she is allowed through, it seems inevitable that the mob will follow.

As she climbs through, a single shot is fired and she drops to the floor.

On Monday, the U.S. Capitol Police declared the shooting lawful, and said it would not pursue disciplinary charges against the lieutenant who killed Babbitt. That follows April’s decision by the Department of Justice not to bring criminal charges against the officer. Neither agency named the lieutenant, for his own safety.

“An officer may use deadly force only when the officer reasonably believes that action is in the defense of human life, including the officer’s own life, or in the defense of any person in immediate danger of serious physical injury,” wrote the Capitol Police’s Office of Professional Responsibility.

“The actions of the officer in this case potentially saved members [of Congress] and staff from serious injury and possible death from a large crowd of rioters.”

I’m not a forensics expert, nor am I a cop. I haven’t interviewed the witnesses or seen any more evidence than what I’ve described. But my normal human reaction to the video tells me that the Capitol Police and the Justice Department are absolutely right.

I watched it repeatedly. Babbitt crossed a line that had been clearly delineated. The police obviously felt it was a last stand. The potential danger was obvious. Babbitt’s shooting appears to have stopped the forward movement of the crowd. All this happened on a day when the vice president’s life had been threatened, and when police were being savagely beaten elsewhere in the building.

Could the mob possibly have been stopped without Babbitt’s death? Maybe. Perhaps there was a way to have avoided deadly force. But it’s not clear to me what that way would have been — and it is clear that if Babbitt had gone through that doorway, an out-of-control situation would have deteriorated further.

From the moment the trigger was pulled by the anonymous police officer it was inevitable that Babbitt would become a martyr to the right. She was a 35-year-old Air Force veteran from San Diego, a vehement supporter of the former president and an adherent of the conspiracy theories of QAnon.

No one should be surprised by the signs at rallies that call her a “protester murdered by the Capitol Police.” Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) described the shooting as “an execution.”

But it is the involvement of Trump himself that really threatens to turn the narrative on its head. Trump has asked why the Capitol Police officer is “getting away with murder.” He asked repeatedly: “Who Shot Ashli Babbitt?” This month, escalating his rhetoric, he said, more chillingly: “We know who he is.”

On Fox News with Trump, host Maria Bartiromo described Babbitt as a woman who went to a “peaceful protest.” And Trump put it in the context of us versus them. “If this happened to the ‘other side,’” he said in a statement, “there would be riots all over America… The Radical Left haters cannot be allowed to get away with this. There must be justice.”

“There was no reason for it,” Trump said of her shooting.

But there was a reason.

Americans need to remember that, and not be fooled. In these days when the truth has been devalued, when everything can be spun, where facts are malleable and can be dismantled and reassembled to tell an entirely different story — remember at least the clear-cut images on the video.

These weren’t peaceful demonstrators. These weren’t protesters exercising their constitutionally protected right to calmly express differences of opinion with their elected representatives.

They were bashing down the doors.

This was a riot, Ashli Babbitt was at its vanguard, and, based on what I’ve seen, the police officer who shot her was doing his job.

@Nick_Goldberg

‘She was posing a threat’ — Capitol officer Michael Byrd, who shot pro-Trump rioter Ashli Babbitt, goes public

Published Thu, Aug 26 20217:38 PM EDTUpdated Fri, Aug 27 20218:07 AM EDT

Kevin Breuninger@KevinWilliamB

Key Points

Lt. Michael Byrd, the officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt during the Jan. 6 Capitol invasion, said in his first comments after publicly revealing his identity that the unarmed rioter was “posing a threat” to Congress.

“I had been yelling and screaming as loud as I was, ‘Please stop, get back, get back,‘” Byrd told NBC Nightly News’ Lester Holt in an interview that aired Thursday evening.

The officer’s remarks came three days after the U.S. Capitol Police Department said that it would not discipline him following an internal investigation of the shooting.

so what kind of lies you going to spread this time jj?

None. Your author disqualified himself from making this judgement in paragraph 13. Sorry fiddy but a 35 year old unarmed woman crawling thru a broken window is not a threat that justifies use of deadly force. And the line was not clearly delineated to her. She was on the other side of a door. She figured wrongly that the Capitol police would not shoot into a crowd especially at an u armed woman.  All he had to do was arrest her when the fell onto the floor. That’s all it took.