Trump caught lying about jan 6.

aubiefifty

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said days after the U.S. Capitol riot that then-President Donald Trump had admitted to him that he bore some responsibility for the violence that unfurled among his supporters on Jan. 6 last year.

“I say he has responsibility. He told me personally that he does have some responsibility. I think a lot of people do,” McCarthy said in a Jan. 12 interview with Bakersfield, California, radio station KERN that CNN’s “K-File” unearthed and released on Friday.

Listen to the audio here:

Here's the audio of McCarthy saying Trump has responsibility for Jan. 6th and Trump admitted responsibility. He strongly urges a commission to investigate the attack.

McCarthy said Thursday he didn't recall telling members Trump took responsibility.https://t.co/fsZYL5Q1sspic.twitter.com/T7Rwb8Yd0n

— andrew kaczynski (@KFILE) January 14, 2022

McCarthy reportedly made a similar claim about Trump taking responsibility for the riot in a Jan. 11 call to Republican lawmakers, per Reuters.

“I asked him personally today if he holds responsibility for what happened, if he feels bad about what happened. He told me he does have some responsibility for what happened,” the top House Republican reportedly said, although he’s since claimed he can’t recall saying it.

The resurfacing of the KERN interview audio is notable, given how Trump has never publicly admitted his role in inciting the storming of the Capitol (for which he was later impeached) and McCarthy has reasserted himself as a key Trump ally and refused to cooperate with the House select committee’s investigation into the riot.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost and has been updated.

i know some are not big on the huff but i heard it. i apologize my puter skills did not allow me to include a working link to the audio but it is out there.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Good find. Thanks for sharing that.

you bought my valentines present yet suga?