Beat Kermit Davis

ShocksMyBrain

Hard cuts to the basket along the baseline will be important against the 1-3-1. We should have plenty of opportunities at 2nd chance points. Our small guards will really make this thing go. Making a good clean entry pass to the high post is a great spot to operate from. We will still probably screen the man at the top of the zone and roll him somewhere in the free throw line extended area. I like our chances but winning on the road is tough.

Our offense was as good as I've seen AU in the half court vs Kermit defenses. Wen had 7 assists (one shy of his season best) and we had 8 players record at least one assist. As expected the lobs were there and Kessler reaped the rewards. I expected Caimbridge to get in more, but CBP when with a different offensive alignment and it worked. Smith did some damage in the short corner and KD spotted up in the corner a few times to take advantage of the baseline and we got the W. 

What was strange was our zone defense we used in the first half. It was not executed well at all. Once we switched back to our man it was over. Interesting to see what CBP does with that zone going forward. 

• Like 1

Oh and how did I forget to mention we only turned it over 6 times? Great ball security by our ball handlers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2