this site thinks we go 9-3 this upcoming year

KnightTiger

Year 2 is when good coaches make a big stride.  Arkansas went from 3-9 to 9-4.  You can’t tell me they upgraded their talent that much in 1 year.  Harsin has “trimmed the fat” so the guys left should be “All In”.  Upgrade the OL and WRs a bit and the offense should be better.  DBs should have a better grasp of the zone scheme and the Dline should be nasty.  We’ll see I guess.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Viper said:

Calzada couldn’t win 9 games at A&M with their OL and roster, but he’s going to win 9 with us playing AT Georgia and AT bammer?

There are a million other variables at play. You know that. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Viper said:

Calzada couldn’t win 9 games at A&M with their OL and roster, but he’s going to win 9 with us playing AT Georgia and AT bammer?

No, he'll lose those two game and win the 9 other

1 hour ago, cbo said:

There are a million other variables at play. You know that. 

True. A&M didn’t play Penn St and Georgia. They played Colorado and Missouri instead. 

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Year 2 is when good coaches make a big stride.  Arkansas went from 3-9 to 9-4.  You can’t tell me they upgraded their talent that much in 1 year.  Harsin has “trimmed the fat” so the guys left should be “All In”.  Upgrade the OL and WRs a bit and the offense should be better.  DBs should have a better grasp of the zone scheme and the Dline should be nasty.  We’ll see I guess.

We definitely can’t have another season like this that’s for sure. I am looking for an 8 win season floor next year 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

True. A&M didn’t play Penn St and Georgia. They played Colorado and Missouri instead. 

Viper, no viping!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We definitely can’t have another season like this that’s for sure. I am looking for an 8 win season floor next year 

I started peaking at our schedule yesterday....it's kinda ugly.  Some tough stretches.  It's so hard to project what teams are going to look like, especially with the portal.  Who knows what our offense will look like if we add a WR and 2 OL?  Could that make us really good and couple with a pretty solid defense (I'm not ready to go the elite route many are thinking).

Block 1 - Lots of home games, should be 3-1 at worst case
Mercer - Auto Win
San Jose - Auto Win
PSU - 50/50.  IDK what they are adding, but we probably could have won last year @PSU. Imagine our fans will be hyped
Mizzu - Should win, they've been pretty sub par under Drink (but so have we)

Block 2 - In the thick of SEC with 2 hard road games back to back.  Probably 1-2
LSU - Who the hell knows, but it's at home.
@UGA - Auto Loss
@Ole miss - We'll have to see what Ole miss has at QB but they are reloading and adding a ton of talent on offense.

BYE

Block 3 - Ah the Bama block. This defines our season. 3-2 might be tough.  Luckily we'll avoid the unheard of 6 losses in a row b/c we have an auto win before Bama @cole256
Arkansas - Best WR in the SEC is gone, but they have a lot coming back and year 3.  They've added some good portal talent too.  50/50
@State - We shouldn't have lost last year.  Maybe Mason learns how to defend Pirate.  Lean towards a loss
Aggies - Heavy Lean towards a loss, especially if they can continue to bully us at the LOS
WKU - YAY A WIN
@Bama - Auto Loss

Ugh, that's 7-5.

• Like 1

My biggest question on offense is the type of offense Auburn will run.  Was that Harsin’s offense with Bobo calling plays last year or Bobo's offense.  If the offense has to go through a new install then that’s going to set them back further.

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

My biggest question on offense is the type of offense Auburn will run.  Was that Harsin’s offense with Bobo calling plays last year or Bobo's offense.  If the offense has to go through a new install then that’s going to set them back further.

Pretty sure it's always been Harsin's offense.  They mentioned same terminology in the bowl game b/c it was Harsin's offense and not Bobo's

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, cbo said:

Viper, no viping!

Holy crap, I use that joke format a lot. I love it. The 3 yr old says it and holds his hand out in a stop gesture... gets me every time.

Speaking of 3 yr olds, the person you responded to is very good at googling stats but not so much at interpreting what they mean or processing information consumed through the eyeballs. It's almost like they watch games on sports-reference.com. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I started peaking at our schedule yesterday....it's kinda ugly.  Some tough stretches. 

And yet, you’re among those who want us to keep playing a schedule this ugly.

7-5 would definitely be a step in the right direction, though we are going to need to keep improving afterwards (and we’ll be quite young in ‘23). Need to follow it up with a knockout class at OL regardless.

Edited by AUwent

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And yet, you’re among those who want us to keep playing a schedule this ugly. 7-5 would definitely be a step in the right direction, though we are going to be heavy on people who won’t be returning the year after. Need to follow it up with a knockout class at OL regardless.

Again, Bama and UGA in the regular season hasn't stopped us in the last 40 years.

By all means run away scared 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Again, Bama and UGA in the regular season hasn't stopped us in the last 40 years.

By all means run away scared 

Again, they weren’t the Death Stars they are now and appear to be for the foreseeable future for most of those years.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Speaking of 3 yr olds, the person you responded to is very good at googling stats but not so much at interpreting what they mean or processing information consumed through the eyeballs. It's almost like they watch games on sports-reference.com. 

Perhaps you should place that person on ignore. It would greatly reduce your stress level.

It would be one less person that you have to respond to 500 times a day.

Edited by Viper

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

200.gif

• Love 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty sure it's always been Harsin's offense.  They mentioned same terminology in the bowl game b/c it was Harsin's offense and not Bobo's

Maybe the O has been Harsins since day one, but he did say well before the first game that he and Bobo knew or were on the same page as each other. Granted, I was not totally against the Bobo hire, but living in GA, they couldn’t wait to get rid of him. Problem was, Richt blew more games than Bobo during their tenure together. My concern is this: even after year one in the SEC, does he realize the difference in competition from Boise; while he hired a very good DC that can win games for us, does he still believe his O will work in the toughest division, in the toughest conference in college football; and last, is he willing to let others call plays, or is he a ego maniac like GM that thought a few good games a season was enough? Will he acclimate to the SEC or try to push his weaker brand of football into the program and expect to be successful? This is not a shot at Harsin, whatsoever, but if in fact he is trying to implement his vision and way of coaching, will it translate to the SEC. As far as Arky goes, Pittman was from an SEC power and of course Kiffin has been very good everywhere in college except for USC. AU made some big ground up in early recruiting, but at this point, I don’t see it taking this team any further from 6/6 to maybe 8/4 at the most, which is where we basically spent the last six years. I hate to be pessimistic, but at this point, nothing has shown me any different. JMO

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, W.E.D said:

Same OL, better QB play we win 9 or 10 last year.

Same OL, the only games we 100% lose are UGA/Aggies.  Every other one is/was winnable.  I'd probably argue Ole Miss, if they were actually healthy, would have beat us last year.

While I agree the OL isn't good and it needs to be upgraded, 4/5 wins is even too much for me

i wonder if the linemen coming back are doing so because the coaches are telling them how much they will improve with another year under their system? i doubt the coaches say come on back for another year because we need the competition? is that not possible? i doubt harsin is winning these kids over by lying to them. what ya think?

15 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Maybe the O has been Harsins since day one, but he did say well before the first game that he and Bobo knew or were on the same page as each other. Granted, I was not totally against the Bobo hire, but living in GA, they couldn’t wait to get rid of him. Problem was, Richt blew more games than Bobo during their tenure together. My concern is this: even after year one in the SEC, does he realize the difference in competition from Boise; while he hired a very good DC that can win games for us, does he still believe his O will work in the toughest division, in the toughest conference in college football; and last, is he willing to let others call plays, or is he a ego maniac like GM that thought a few good games a season was enough? Will he acclimate to the SEC or try to push his weaker brand of football into the program and expect to be successful? This is not a shot at Harsin, whatsoever, but if in fact he is trying to implement his vision and way of coaching, will it translate to the SEC. As far as Arky goes, Pittman was from an SEC power and of course Kiffin has been very good everywhere in college except for USC. AU made some big ground up in early recruiting, but at this point, I don’t see it taking this team any further from 6/6 to maybe 8/4 at the most, which is where we basically spent the last six years. I hate to be pessimistic, but at this point, nothing has shown me any different. JMO

i think you might be under selling harsin a bit. he was a peterson guy i think? i think he knows the difference. remember the staff basically saying our o line have sorry fundamentals? i just think it takes more than a year to undo damage from some of the oline coaches we have had in the past. this is what i am hoping for anyway.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Viper said:

200.gif

gus looks like he stepped in dog poo lol

• Haha 1

As it stands right now, we’re a 5-7 to 7-5 team with our schedule.   If we had more OL, QB, and WR talent that range could go up.   As for the year 2 statements, that is about culture.   You can successfully implement your culture, but still be a 6-6 team if you play 6 or 7 teams better than you.  Playing @bama, @uga, TAMU, LSU, @Ole Miss, PSU, and even Arky and MSU, that may very well be the case for us.  We’ll see what happens in the portal and off-season, but right now it’s a steep uphill climb.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

gus looks like he stepped in dog poo lol

No, I think he was looking at Malik Willis when he did something Gus didn’t like.

• Haha 1