this site thinks we go 9-3 this upcoming year

KnightTiger

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Totally fair. Really, anything from 6 wins to 10 is reasonable to predict. 

I know not all will agree. 

I don't agree:  6 -15 is more realistic.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

I don't agree:  6 -15 is more realistic.  

That goes from about 80% to 90% likely based on the last 10 years or so.

Harsin absolutely would deserve coach of the year honors if he pulled that off. 

I expect a similar record to this past season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin absolutely would deserve coach of the year honors if he pulled that off. 

I expect a similar record to this past season. 

That's fine for you or anybody else (such as sportswriters in January needing to meet a deadline) to predict that.  I'll only leave you with 2 questions:  (1) how many current AU players or coaches do you think expect their team to have "a similar record to this past season," and (2) would you want any of those that think likewise playing or working for AU next season?  WDE

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It’s the rational I don’t agree with. Predicting we win at home against UGA and lose at Ole Miss. don’t see home field advantage accounting for so much when UGA has same QB and Ole Miss has brand new one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It’s the rational I don’t agree with. Predicting we win at home against UGA and lose at Ole Miss. don’t see home field advantage accounting for so much when UGA has same QB and Ole Miss has brand new one.

Oh, wow, yeah I don't get that.  I didn't even read the article, just the win total, lol. 

46 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Calling for a win at UGA seems a bit unrealistic 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

With the portal adding an even bigger wrinkle into college football changes year in and year out, it's so hard to tell what all of these teams are going to look like.  No one has really been consistent outside Bama for the last decade.  UGA is getting to that level.  It'll be pretty tough to predict stuff, especially this far out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

That's fine for you or anybody else (such as sportswriters in January needing to meet a deadline) to predict that.  I'll only leave you with 2 questions:  (1) how many current AU players or coaches do you think expect their team to have "a similar record to this past season," and (2) would you want any of those that think likewise playing or working for AU next season?  WDE

No, but that's why they get paid 6 and 7 figure salaries and I have to shell out a grand just to be able to buy a season ticket package. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

We should have been 10-3 this year. But without a definitive QB established, 9 wins in 2022 is hard to fathom. The schedule does not line up as well in 2022.

I could see 9 wins but not losing to Penn St at home, or beating UGA or $puat. More likely 8 wins, regular season.

2 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Just how much are eggs going for in China right now?

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

We're at Georgia...

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We're at Georgia...

Your correct. With both of them being away, we have less of a chance to beat UGA there than we do Ole Miss there. Thx for helping me get it corrected.

48 minutes ago, woodford said:

Unless the OL gets any better I can’t see them winning more than 4-5 games

If we can get better QB play ( at least as good as last couple Bo games), we should at least beat our record this year.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If we can get better QB play ( at least as good as last couple Bo games), we should at least beat our record this year.

Need a better OL to help with that QB play. As bearish as I am on ZC, I do believe he’s a major upgrade from Finley

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Unless the OL gets any better I can’t see them winning more than 4-5 games

Same OL, better QB play we win 9 or 10 last year.

Same OL, the only games we 100% lose are UGA/Aggies.  Every other one is/was winnable.  I'd probably argue Ole Miss, if they were actually healthy, would have beat us last year.

While I agree the OL isn't good and it needs to be upgraded, 4/5 wins is even too much for me

53 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

We won't get to 9 Ws until Harsin's 4th year if he is even given the chance to get to year 4. 

On one hand, yes we need to come up with a big O-line haul next year and give them a few years to gel...

...but then I remember what Arky did in their coach's second year despite having the worst record in the league the eight years before he got there.