Anders Carlson Returning for 2022 Season!!!

Paladin

• Paladin changed the title to Anders Carlson Returning for 2022 Season!!!

I don’t know how I feel about this - Cole lol.

At least we going to have a kicker battle 

• Like 1

Nice.  Kid deserves redemption if that's his choice.  His performance this year gets a pass given the overall result of each game.  I'm on board.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Nice.  Kid deserves redemption if that's his choice.  His performance this year gets a pass given the overall result of each game.  I'm on board.  

He did fine in the games he played.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He did fine in the games he played.

he was terrible.  He missed multiple 30 yard FGs.  He's only really had 1 good season in 2020

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe the new kid can do kickoffs and Carlson can focus on field goals.

That would burn a redshirt, no reason to do that if it's not needed.

I’m having a hard time remembering AU football without a Carlson kicking. 😀 Glad to see the legacy continue. 💯 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

he was terrible.  He missed multiple 30 yard FGs.  He's only really had 1 good season in 2020

This . Had a bad year . He will have to earn back being dependable. Glad he is back though 

Good stuff. Hope there's a battle. Mcpherson is a beast with a huge leg, and he will come in hungry. Need to get kicks through the end zone more consistently too. 

• Like 2

Glad Anders is coming back.  It’s going to be a tough road back, long time before he’s released to kick full-speed/effort, tough on kickers and golfers for sure. Looking forward to seeing him kick again for the good guys, though.   

Edited by USATiger

Maybe he'll return to his 2020 form. Our incoming wunderkind kicker will probably win the job but competition is a good thing.

Gotta feel for Anders, he was briefly a weapon then during the worst skid of his career he tears ACL on an on side kick. Good grief.

• Like 1

what a kicker!

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Maybe one can have kickoff duties. I’m not sure Anders will be our best FG kicker.

Well first, Carlson has to get over an injury, which for a kicker is serious when it involves the knee.

I can see McPerson RSing, like we did w/ Carlson, to get him acclimated with the differences in college kicking.

If somehow he shows he is the real deal and comes in and is super consistent, then I can see if Carlson struggling, that McPherson or even McGUire will get a chance. 

It's just a luxury to have 3 pretty good kickers on the team...

ofc, we need to work on the total kicking unit, bc we had problems with more than Carlson misses this past year.

22 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe the new kid can do kickoffs and Carlson can focus on field goals.

I don't know. If Anders is going to kick field goals, I think I'd rather McPherson redshirt and save his eligibility the same way Anders did behind his big brother.

• Like 1