NIL Auburn -- Please read this

LPTiger

The single greatest opportunity for us to directly make a difference in the success of Auburn athletics is upon us.   NIL Auburn's website is now up and running.   You can now make a monthly donation that will flow directly to our student athletes.   Currently, you can designate your donation to football, basketball or baseball.   Later, gymnastics and golf will be an option.  Rick Davidson is the mastermind behind this endeavor.  Rick is the son of Buddy Davidson who has been a critical part of Auburn athletics for over 60 years.  Rick played baseball at AU.  He is a lawyer and has taken great care to make sure every aspect is compliant.  Please, please, please google NIL Auburn, go to the website, read all about it and make a donation.  NIL is the future!!!   The days of us relying on the likes of Mr. Jimmy Rane are over.   God Bless him and all he does (and will continue to do) for Auburn.   But, he and the rest of our other massive donors can't compete with thousands of everyday Auburn fans doing their "fair share."  If we don't do this well, we will not be what we want to be.   Like it or not, this is today's reality.        

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

The single greatest opportunity for us to directly make a difference in the success of Auburn athletics is upon us.   NIL Auburn's website is now up and running.   You can now make a monthly donation that will flow directly to our student athletes.   Currently, you can designate your donation to football, basketball or baseball.   Later, gymnastics and golf will be an option.  Rick Davidson is the mastermind behind this endeavor.  Rick is the son of Buddy Davidson who has been a critical part of Auburn athletics for over 60 years.  Rick played baseball at AU.  He is a lawyer and has taken great care to make sure every aspect is compliant.  Please, please, please google NIL Auburn, go to the website, read all about it and make a donation.  NIL is the future!!!   The days of us relying on the likes of Mr. Jimmy Rane are over.   God Bless him and all he does (and will continue to do) for Auburn.   But, he and the rest of our other massive donors can't compete with thousands of everyday Auburn fans doing their "fair share."  If we don't do this well, we will not be what we want to be.   Like it or not, this is today's reality.        

Am I reading it correctly that $250 (NIL White) is the least amount monthly that someone can give? 

23 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Am I reading it correctly that $250 (NIL White) is the least amount monthly that someone can give? 

Thanks for the question!  I believe that is correct currently, but that may change in time.   I have reached out for more info. and will post what I hear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

I have confirmed that a $250 monthly subscription fee is the lowest subscription currently available.   In time that may change. 

• Like 1

The 1000, 500, and 250 monthly unfortunately prices a majority of fans out. I have been following this on another board and it seems like alot more people and donations would come from a 100-500 range. I'm not knocking this by no means and I understand that this is going to be adjusted. I'd really like for us to get ahead of the game on this. Build a good reputation so to speak. I hope it flourishes

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

The 1000, 500, and 250 monthly unfortunately prices a majority of fans out. I have been following this on another board and it seems like alot more people and donations would come from a 100-500 range. I'm not knocking this by no means and I understand that this is going to be adjusted. I'd really like for us to get ahead of the game on this. Build a good reputation so to speak. I hope it flourishes

McB you are correct.   There may be a work around.  Assume someone is only able to give $1,000.   To my knowledge there is nothing that would prevent them from doing the $250 monthly subscription and then cancelling the subscription in month 4.

• Like 1

AUFamily takes up donations and then gives to NIL AU. Maybe this would give Golf something to do between PBRs.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

McB you are correct.   There may be a work around.  Assume someone is only able to give $1,000.   To my knowledge there is nothing that would prevent them from doing the $250 monthly subscription and then cancelling the subscription in month 4.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-Auburn-basketball-Auburn-baseball-Auburn-gymnastics-177743107/

“Once that initial rollout has occurred over 60-90 days, we will come back and have lower-levels subscriptions, meaning less costly,” pointed out. “The content won’t be as robust and you won’t have access to as much, but I can tell you that a person giving $25 a month to Auburn because that’s what they can do and want to do is just as valuable to that student-athlete as someone giving $1,000 a month because we hope and believe Auburn people at all their capacity value Auburn student-athletes. We are going to give them a chance to know they’re putting that money into the kids’ pockets.”

• Like 3

It really should allow a one time donation of any denomination for folks that don't do subscriptions, like me.  I understand they want to budget/forecast future income and disbursed to the athletes, I'd just like the one time donation option.  Just a thought.   

• Like 4

I best get some personalized hand written noted for $250 a month

• Love 1