Opt Outs

Brad_ATX

20 hours ago, gctiger said:

I don’t doubt that we may be financially capable of competing with most schools, but until the money starts flowing we’re no better than many of them.  IMO we’re way behind bama.  They’ve already had several major facility upgrades courtesy of their big money boosters.

Hiring Nick Saban was a boon for them, the ROI for the entire school is immeasurable at this point in his stint.  Enrollment has doubled, new academic & athletic facilities have multiplied ten fold in the last decade and they gave him carte blanc clearance to get anything he wants for is program.

I've always been averse to comparing Auburn to bama and any shape or form because the two are as different as apples and ass cheeks. 

• Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Hiring Nick Saban was a boon for them, the ROI for the entire school is immeasurable at this point in his stint.  Enrollment has doubled, new academic & athletic facilities have multiplied ten fold in the last decade and they gave him carte blanc clearance to get anything he wants for is program.

I've always been averse to comparing Auburn to bama and any shape or form because the two are as different as apples and ass cheeks. 

That presents quite a mental model that I am trying to get out of my brain.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

35 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Clearly you guys have never seen my honeycrisp.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

So you're perfectly happy with the last decade of Auburn Football?  If we don't have high goals, then we will never achieve anything worthy.  With the exception of the natty's, it isn't like we haven't been there before.  Under Pat Dye, we had much of what you mentioned above, and there's no reason we shouldn't expect to do it again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Well, WE aren't the "ass cheeks" in that comparison. 😁

16 minutes ago, gctiger said:

So you're perfectly happy with the last decade of Auburn Football?  If we don't have high goals, then we will never achieve anything worthy.  With the exception of the natty's, it isn't like we haven't been there before.  Under Pat Dye, we had much of what you mentioned above, and there's no reason we shouldn't expect to do it again.  

I never said I was perfectly happy with the last decade.  I just know how Auburn operates, and it's nothing like uat.  Auburn prides itself on having a higher moral standard. 

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I never said I was perfectly happy with the last decade.  I just know how Auburn operates, and it's nothing like uat.  Auburn prides itself on having a higher moral standard. 

No argument there, but I think we should have high standards across the board.  Certainly don't want Auburn to become bammurish, but it's not unreasonable to expect to be competitive with them at any level.

• Like 2