D Davis

PigskinPat

Insiders on the donor side of this forum have alluded to being told by players the same things that were evident in the leaked video from bowl practice about DD. Weak arm, tiny, not small, but tiny, and throwing interceptions. Not claiming it is true. Just spreading the word from what has been said so people can take it into account. 

Edited by Didba

4 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Amazingly enough, these two goals are not always mutually exclusive.

Right. But the only information we have is Dee didn't play when he was desperately needed and insiders say he has looked awful in practice. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

Insiders on the donor side of this forum have alluded to being told by players the same things that were evident in the leaked video from bowl practice about DD. Weak arm, tiny, not small, but tiny, and throwing interceptions. Not claiming it is true. Just spreading the word from what has been said so people can take it into account. 

Never fails. Every. Single. QB. We sign out of HS.

47 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Dude couldn't beat out Grant Loy. Staff had a year behind the scenes and got answers 

I've seen a staff "get answers behind the scenes" before and totally whiff.  Hell, it wasn't that long ago.  Some dudes play better when the lights are on.  And considering that the game was a glorified exhibition AND our starting QB wasn't getting it done, Tuesday was as good of a time as any to start finding out what we have.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Well they all were being evaluated by Gus so...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

100% spot on...with a coach who can help coach a DT QB.

Harsin has coached a dual threat QB before. 
https://247sports.com/player/grant-hedrick-6601/

13 minutes ago, Didba said:

Are the leaked videos on twitter?  I didn't see them or hear about this.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

It's really pretty amazing that the last good QB we signed out of HS was either Brandon Cox or Jason Campbell. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Well they all were being evaluated by Gus so...

And Davis signed with us in 2021. I will believe when I see it with any QB signed by Auburn.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Look I'm not saying it's true, but it might might an indicator of why we didn't see him. If harsin doesn't trust him then I don't blame him for not playing him. I know what you mean about when they hit the actual playing field but sometimes performance is so bad in practice that coaches know that even that is unlikely. Not saying it's the case here just considering all approaches.

• Like 1

Just now, AUwent said:

And Davis signed with us in 2021. I will believe when I see it with any QB signed by Auburn.

Not to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure he signed in 2020 on ESD before Harsin got hired...so 100% a Gus Evaluation

Hopefully Holden can change that course for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

His most recent tweet...

This won’t happen if he doesn’t see the field. If King is not on the field every play, this staff is lost. 
Put him at WR and tell him to catch any ball in the air in a violent way. 
Make DBs pay for covering him. He has that potential.

Edited by CCTAU

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Are the leaked videos on twitter?  I didn't see them or hear about this.

I think they were on pay sites. I couldn't find them but enough different AU Podcasters talked about watching it and several reputable posters on here said they had watched it and could confirm.

@metafour  where did you see the leaked video at?

• Like 1

DD came from NorthShore which is a school in the same category with DJ and Bryce but can’t even do the wildcat in the red zone to give the defense a different look. I find that hard to believe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, e808 said:

DD came from NorthShore which is a school in the same category with DJ and Bryce but can’t even do the wildcat in the red zone to give the defense a different look. I find that hard to believe 

well the source on the donor side is very reputable and said he heard it straight from players...

Trust me, my dad, Bird and I know Texas football very well.  So it puzzles us too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This guy is quickly becoming as polarizing as Bo was. Had Harsin been hired before ENSD last year, he probably would not have sent signing papers to him and signed a pro-style guy in February instead. TJ is at least a solid backup, good fit, good leader. Not a good player right now, but we'll have portal plus Geriner. Neither of them will likely ever start for AU going forward

No quarterback can be a statue in the SEC, can’t move around or have the ability to run. Pretty much every team in the SEC quarterback can run if need be. I believe Bryce ability to run really caught Georgias Defense off guard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

This won’t happen if he doesn’t see the field. If King is not on the field every play, this staff is lost. 
Put him at WR and tell him to catch any ball in the air in a violent way. 
Make DBs pay for covering him. He has that potential.

I feel that way too. He needs to be on the field as a WR. If I am correct, he made a fantastic one-handed grab in OT in the Iron Bowl this year. At least I remember it being him.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, e808 said:

No quarterback can be a statue in the SEC, can’t move around or have the ability to run. Pretty much every team in the SEC quarterback can run if need be. I believe Bryce ability to run really caught Georgias Defense off guard. 

I guess I struggle to understand what bar folks want in running ability? I never considered Fromm, Mac Jones, Trask, or Stidham to be mobile. They were all pretty successful, some more than others. 

11 minutes ago, au302 said:

I guess I struggle to understand what bar folks want in running ability? I never considered Fromm, Mac Jones, Trask, or Stidham to be mobile. They were all pretty successful, some more than others. 

There’s a difference in can’t run and having the ability to run . Stidham and Mac could run if necessary. U need a jet pack to get TJ going.

Also a lot of Georgia fans were upset that Kirby picked Fromm over Fields because one was more mobile than the other.

Edited by e808

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Harsin has coached a dual threat QB before. 
https://247sports.com/player/grant-hedrick-6601/

This the first I have seen of this, thx.   He didn't run a lot, but we don't want our QB to try to be Nick M or Lamar J - there are too many of those.  J Stidham was a DT out of HS as well.  

Thanks...

Next years QB isn’t in the locker room yet. Bank it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, au302 said:

but we'll have portal plus Geriner. Neither of them will likely ever start for AU going forward

Hmmm.   I think you are wrong.  Geriner looks quite capable of being a high caliber QB.  I know HS and the SEC are not on the same planet, well they are, but you know what I mean.  I think Geriner has enough raw talent and doesn't seem to have a ton of bad habits.  Not throwing rocks at Bo, but he came with bad habits and those were pretty well cemented by the time he was 20 yrs old and Auburn with a sketchy OL.

Maybe I misread your post.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Hmmm.   I think you are wrong.  Geriner looks quite capable of being a high caliber QB.  I know HS and the SEC are not on the same planet, well they are, but you know what I mean.  I think Geriner has enough raw talent and doesn't seem to have a ton of bad habits.  Not throwing rocks at Bo, but he came with bad habits and those were pretty well cemented by the time he was 20 yrs old and Auburn with a sketchy OL.

Maybe I misread your post.

I think he meant DD or TJ wouldn’t start going forward.  I might be wrong, but that’s how I took it.

• Like 3