D Davis

PigskinPat

9 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

If there was ever a time to start getting those answers about Dee, it was Tuesday.

At least we did our damndest to attempt (operative word) to win while riding out our “best option” so we could have a meaningful Birmingham Bowl win that I’m sure the fans would really have remembered 

Just a completely useless 60 minutes by our offensive staff, aside for Darvish and Johnson seeing the field. Useless 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Didba said:

Insiders on the donor side of this forum have alluded to being told by players the same things that were evident in the leaked video from bowl practice about DD. Weak arm, tiny, not small, but tiny, and throwing interceptions. Not claiming it is true. Just spreading the word from what has been said so people can take it into account. 

Are you saying he is tiny stature wise or his hands are tiny?  

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Are you saying he is tiny stature wise or his hands are tiny?  

I think they were referring to his stature

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Try again numnuts

It was a joke, grumpy

Edited by W.E.D

I see D.Davis and CBH being patient and understanding the process. He seems to be very resilient and probably understands he has some growth that needs to occur before he sees the field. Spring ball will be a greater learning curve for him and this year I bet has done wonders. I like to believe both of them have an understanding and are discipline in that fact, unlike some of our fans who are very reactive to everything. In fact, there was a poster or two, who couldn’t wait to see T.J. In action and always begged for Bo to get pulled. Now, the coaching staff is giving T.J. the opportunity based on how he practices and his acumen, yet they are already begging to see the third QB. It is Quite hilarious.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I see D.Davis and CBH being patient and understanding the process. He seems to be very resilient and probably understands he has some growth that needs to occur before he sees the field. Spring ball will be a greater learning curve for him and this year I bet has done wonders. I like to believe both of them have an understanding and are discipline in that fact, unlike some of our fans who are very reactive to everything. In fact, there was a poster or two, who couldn’t wait to see T.J. In action and always begged for Bo to get pulled. Now, the coaching staff is giving T.J. the opportunity based on how he practices and his acumen, yet they are already begging to see the third QB. It is Quite hilarious.

Not hilarious.  We the fans see the game each week and nothing else. Most of us are learned enough to see when a player is not performing to expectations. It is not that hard to see. Especially when we see it week after week. We also assume that we have a QB2 fully capable of running the offense because any play of the game QB1 could be lost for the game or season. If we don’t then we have incompetent coaching.  After Bo went down, TJ was QB1. QB2 was DD according to CBH. Given QB1’s performance in the bowl game (and others) I thought it was time for QB2 to be given a shot. Many others on this board agree.  Just like TJ did against GA St, DD could have given the team a spark and presented Houston with different problems. QB1 appeared to still be affected by the IB injury.  It was clear to me and others.

BTW stating that you don’t know if something is true (regarding DD and his weak arm), and then proceeding to spread it is a major foul on this board.

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Not hilarious.  We the fans see the game each week and nothing else

Exactly which is hilarious how much whining and gnashing of teeth that goes on about this situation. You see the game and NOTHING ELSE. You have no clue what is going on behind the scenes or the discussions that occur with CBH or DD. Yet, some of y'all think you have the acumen to make coaching decisions. Of course if DD sucked horrible in the bowl game for a series or two, I am sure you would be ready to start the true freshman EE for next year. That is why it is even more hilarious that you are trying to explain it all. 

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

BTW stating that you don’t know if something is true (regarding DD and his weak arm), and then proceeding to spread it is a major foul on this board.

Okay? I did not do this. Also, the constant pushing that DD is transferring from those on here should also be a major foul. Yet it seems to happen every week.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly which is hilarious how much whining and gnashing of teeth that goes on about this situation. You see the game and NOTHING ELSE. You have no clue what is going on behind the scenes or the discussions that occur with CBH or DD. Yet, some of y'all think you have the acumen to make coaching decisions. Of course if DD sucked horrible in the bowl game for a series or two, I am sure you would be ready to start the true freshman EE for next year. That is why it is even more hilarious that you are trying to explain it all. 

Okay? I did not do this. Also, the constant pushing that DD is transferring from those on here should also be a major foul. Yet it seems to happen every week.

Sorry did not mean to accuse you. It was a few pages above by a different poster. I apologize for that misunderstanding. That was my fault.

Nothing I said had to do with practice. Unfortunately we don’t get to see practice. It is irrelevant to my statement that we should have a QB2 ready to go. 1 is better than 2 for a number of reasons. That does not change the fact that 2 has to be ready to go. If his 10 yd pass drops 3 feet it sounds like he is not ready to go and should not be 2. Game is not practice. If he can’t go put a jersey on him with no pads or helmet.

Edited by jj3jordan

12 hours ago, Beaker said:

Hmmm.   I think you are wrong.  Geriner looks quite capable of being a high caliber QB.  I know HS and the SEC are not on the same planet, well they are, but you know what I mean.  I think Geriner has enough raw talent and doesn't seem to have a ton of bad habits.  Not throwing rocks at Bo, but he came with bad habits and those were pretty well cemented by the time he was 20 yrs old and Auburn with a sketchy OL.

Maybe I misread your post.

Meant that I don't think TJ or DD start again. My bad. In complete agreement on Geriner's potential and fit. Looking forward to seeing him in action

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Sorry did not mean to accuse you. It was a few pages above by a different poster. I apologize for that misunderstanding. That was my fault.

Nothing I said had to do with practice. Unfortunately we don’t get to see practice. It is irrelevant to my statement that we should have a QB2 ready to go. 1 is better than 2 for a number of reasons. That does not change the fact that 2 has to be ready to go. If his 10 yd pass drops 3 feet it sounds like he is not ready to go and should not be 2. Game is not practice. If he can’t go put a jersey on him with no pads or helmet.

It is relevant because you are talking like you have all the facts when once again you don't. What we do know was T.J. Finley was QB 2 to Bo after competition.. We can see why now, after some of y'all swore he needed a chance at QB #1. He got it and now you already begging for the true freshman. Loy and  D. Davis are QB #2 by default. It has nothing to do with either of them being ready. They are down the depth chart because clearly they aren't ready. This is the logic I am talking about. 

Edit: I am not trying to diss T.J. Finley. He also has opportunity to take the spring and off-season to grow to a very much capable starting QB. I just think it is so funny how some of y'all are already ready to quit on him and relegate him to QB #2. Finicky as hell. The mindset of a fan.

Edited by DAG

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is relevant because you are talking like you have all the facts when once again you don't. What we do know was T.J. Finley was QB 2 to Bo after competition.. We can see why now, after some of y'all swore he needed a chance at QB #1. He got it and now you already begging for the true freshman. Loy and  D. Davis are QB #2 by default. It has nothing to do with either of them being ready. They are down the depth chart because clearly they aren't ready. This is the logic I am talking about. 

Nobody swore anything about TJ needing a chance for anything. I certainly do have all the facts I need. QB2 has to be ready for an injury to QB1 or failure of QB1. We had both with TJ. TJ got his chance with failure of Bo and he succeeded (although some have said the refs helped TJ with that last drive). He got another chance with injury to Bo and he did not succeed. I felt TJ failed enough throughout the bowl game that DD deserved the same shot TJ did against GA St. That’s all. If we don’t have anybody that can run the offense after 12 games than we have other issues. If injuries are the reason then fine it happens. It sounds like DD is not injured. Our staff has failed in preparation if DD is incapable of running the offense at least at a basic level by now. That’s all TJ was doing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I read on a podcast yesterday, I can’t remember who, that the guy does not think our QB for next year is on the roster right now. Not sure if he meant a portal QB or Gernier, but he said he didn’t think TJ would be here next year. This was just his opinion. My question is, haven’t most of the good portal QBs already decided where they are going? 

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Nobody swore anything about TJ needing a chance for anything. I certainly do have all the facts I need.

So this is why I am done debating. You starting this off completely with a baseless accusation. Red flag one. There were a handful of people earlier in the season and especially after Bo got benched saying that he needed a real chance to start. The fact you are denying this is red flag 2. Three, you yourself just said all you see is the game and nothing else, yet you take this has 100% conclusive evidence as to why you think DD should play. Red flag #3. Good day to you.

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, Old fan 47 said:

I read on a podcast yesterday, I can’t remember who, that the guy does not think our QB for next year is on the roster right now. Not sure if he meant a portal QB or Gernier, but he said he didn’t think TJ would be here next year. This was just his opinion. My question is, haven’t most of the good portal QBs already decided where they are going? 

I don't know. That is a good question. It would seem that most of the capable guys that some of the insiders claim we were after have made their decisions. I personally would give a shout out to Cameron Ward, but that is my personal preference. Not being Privy to any information, my assumption is CBH has a "type." I don't know if Cameron Ward fits that.

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know but surely you know why I do not like Texas Toast

Interesting facts...

El Paso is closer to California than it is to Dallas

Beaumont to El Paso is ~740 miles... Beaumont to Chicago is ~770 miles 

14 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Next years QB isn’t in the locker room yet. Bank it. 

I don't how to feel about that statement.

If it means only Geriner will be the starter, we are in a heap of trouble starting a true freshman again.

If it's someone else, hopefully better and more accurate than Finley, I'm all ears. :)