D Davis

PigskinPat

Any word on timeframe for hearing his decision? After he posted this yesterday, it looks like it’s not a question of if, but when.

C6EE59A1-E455-48DD-AC19-AA5977DDA625.jpeg

Edited by PigskinPat

Hate to say it, but I think I would rather TJ transfer than Dee.  At least with TJ, we know what we are getting.  Dee is still an unknown.  I am sure if he was tearing it up and understanding the playbook, he would have seen action but I would prefer having him with CAD coming in as OC.  I just think that TJ has reached his ceiling as an SEC QB.  Just my thoughts.  No disrespect intended.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Hate to say it, but I think I would rather TJ transfer than Dee.  At least with TJ, we know what we are getting.  Dee is still an unknown.  I am sure if he was tearing it up and understanding the playbook, he would have seen action but I would prefer having him with CAD coming in as OC.  I just think that TJ has reached his ceiling as an SEC QB.  Just my thoughts.  No disrespect intended.

I would tend to agree with you. I feel like Davis’ ceiling is a lot higher and his potential for significant improvement.

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I would tend to agree with you. I feel like Davis’ ceiling is a lot higher and his potential for significant improvement.

100% spot on...with a coach who can help coach a DT QB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

His most recent tweet...

roe4christ breaths a sigh or relief.  

• Haha 1

Would any of you be so kind to translate that for me?   I am asking for a friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Got to love those typing skills.  🤪

L King should have been moved to the WR group, like yesterday.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

You might just be right. However, outside of great high school video, there is zero evidence Dee can succeed at this level. (Full disclosure: I’m disappointed he did not get few tries during the season)  TJ is a rough work in progress. Great arm. With a decent oline and improved accuracy……who knows?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomcat said:

You might just be right. However, outside of great high school video, there is zero evidence Dee can succeed at this level. (Full disclosure: I’m disappointed he did not get few tries during the season)  TJ is a rough work in progress. Great arm. With a decent oline and improved accuracy……who knows?

0 evidence he can't succeed either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Right. TJ has started 9 games in 2 different offenses. We don't necessarily know what he is yet. I don't want to depend on him to start, but we already saw him win a game as a backup. I'll take that over a complete unknown in Dee. 

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Right. TJ has started 9 games in 2 different offenses. We don't necessarily know what he is yet. I don't want to depend on him to start, but we already saw him win a game as a backup. I'll take that over a complete unknown in Dee. 

What do offensive systems have to do with throwing mechanics and accuracy? Whether you run the wishbone or the air raid, you throw the football the same way. TJ looks really, really bad. Very inaccurate. 

• Like 1

Regardless, I just hope Dee hangs around until at least after the spring game to have the time with CAD.  If he leaves at that time, it likely means he did not beat TJ out and/or CAD doesn't think he is a better option than TJ or Holden (as a TF).  Still think we need to find a transfer portal QB.  As has been mentioned (unfounded rumors), I wouldn't mind either Vandergriff or Gabriel.

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

If there was ever a time to start getting those answers about Dee, it was Tuesday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If there was ever a time to start getting those answers about Dee, it was Tuesday.

Harsin was trying to win the game, not try out players. A coach should always try to win the game, first and foremost. I've seen your opinion on this and it is valid. But I can't fault Harsin for going with his best option to win, which I still believe was TJ yesterday. Unfortunately, he didn't perform when it mattered most. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude couldn't beat out Grant Loy. Staff had a year behind the scenes and got answers 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What do offensive systems have to do with throwing mechanics and accuracy? Whether you run the wishbone or the air raid, you throw the football the same way. TJ looks really, really bad. Very inaccurate. 

It has to do with decision making and comfort in the pocket. The ability to make snap decisions when the Oline fails you. The Oline that everyone used as an excuse for 3 years with the other QB. And dealing with different coaches teaching you in different ways. 

Look, I'm not at all sold on TJ. Like I said, I doubt he is the answer for QB1. Let's bring in a transfer. But let's also not throw TJ in the trash for a TF QB that the staff wouldn't play when TJ was on one leg. There is likely a reason for that. 

This year the qb battle will be a breath of fresh air. Guys will be competing and actually knowing I legit have a chance to start.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This year the qb battle will be a breath of fresh air. Guys will be competing and actually knowing I legit have a chance to start.

That's a bold statement, even for you cole.  😉

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3