Derick Hall Coming Back!!!

Paladin

On 12/30/2021 at 2:24 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Could have more do to w Mason than Harsin but it's good all the way around.

I was about to post the same thing.....then I saw yours. I agree with you. Mason is likely a big part of this decision. 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

In todays world recruiting is about recruiting HS kids, Recruiting Portal players, and convincing certain players on your team not to go the Portal route. So far this staff by keeping players like Wooden and Hall have done a great job on that aspect. The only key player they have lost to the Portal so far is Bo Nix. I think Nix leaving was a combination of things the injury, the way some fans treated him, the weakness of our O-line. It was going to be very hard to keep Bo.  That said this staff on the defense side has done an amazing drive so far we have kept all of our key pieces while adding some very good players in the early recruiting class and picking up a key D-line in the Portal. Great job on D and huge keeping Hall.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I was about to post the same thing.....then I saw yours. I agree with you. Mason is likely a big part of this decision. 

You only come on here and criticize harsin or defend Gus, funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, Didba said:

You only come on here and criticize harsin or defend Gus, funny.

You should get out more. Tigerbelle is a mainstay on the baseball forum.

• Like 1

These young men love Harsin. Stop acting like they don’t and accept the facts! 

War Eagle! Always! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, roe4christ said:

Could the defense play both offense and defense next year..😁😁

They might score more pts

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

You should get out more. Tigerbelle is a mainstay on the baseball forum.

Don't follow AUbaseball, basketball though gimme gimme.

Also, doesn't change the fact that she only shows up on the football forum to praise Gus and bash harsin. Still laughing at that one post where "the majority of the fans haven't warmed up to Harsin because he isn't a southern good Ole boy like Malzahn"

She posted that unionically 😂

Edited by Didba
  • Thanks 1

Derrick Hall returning is not good fellas (gals):

There is only one reason Harsin is pressuring Mason to have such a lock down defense:  the OL and QB situations are troubling him.   Supposedly Mason is working OT this weekend.   

It is now apparent Harsin is concerned we won't score more than 3-10 points per game, thus he had a closed door mtg with Mason.  This is how we got D Hall to return and I expect more surprises coming. 

These changes and Hall returning means one thing:  Apparently Harsin is going with a QB rotation in each game:  D Davis is starting the first QTR, Geriner is playing the second and TJ the third QTR.  Whoever has the best outing plays the 4th QTR.   This has only been done once before:   Iowa Wesleyan by Hal Mumme.  By season's end: they had 2 great QBs for the next season and one transferred.    

I suspect we will win 10 games by an average score of 8 to 2.  But, we will win 10, maybe 11 games.  

This all makes perfect sense now...Why else would you get D Hall to return?

And sign the #1 Juco player and DL?

And sign the #1 Juco CB?

And sign the #1 Juco Safety?

Wow...next year the SEC offenses are going to take a hit on their stats when they play Auburn.   Glad I figured out the QB riddle for everyone. 

Edited by Beaker
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Shenker just announced he’s coming back! Pretty sure this was at least a little bit because of Harsin. 😀

• Like 1

Many  of us thought Wooden would probably come back with his brother coming in as a freshman, but Hall is a big holiday surprise.

• Like 2

I suspect the NIL kicking in has a lot to do with those who elect to return. Major schools can now manage to pay more than a low-round or undrafted NFL player would get.

Edited by Mikey