Derick Hall Coming Back!!!

Paladin

• Paladin changed the title to Derick Hall Coming Back!!!
31 minutes ago, DAG said:

The defense really does have a chance to be special 

We have so much coming in that will make an immediate impact along with the guys already here and coming back.  The defense is gonna keep us in games next year.  Just need a QB, oline and one bigtime WR to step up and we could be in serious contention by year 3.

• Like 2

This is going to be 2019 levels of stacked on the Defense! It's just a shame there's only so many snaps to go around... Unless of course our offense still sucks, then hey, congrats on the playing time, Defense! 😅😂😭

• Haha 3

These two studs coming back, plus the Oregon transfer in, sure feels a lot better than Truesdale, Handy, Hardy and Big Cat (I feel I am missing someone else) all leaving last year.   To Didba's point, they believe in Hars and obviously like their position coach and, I suspect, believe another year of his coaching will get them better positioned for the draft.   This is all part of "recruiting."   

• Like 1

Now need Pappoe to come back, pick up an experienced  linebacker from the transfer portal and then the defense will be stacked.

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, Didba said:

These guys wouldn't be coming back if they didn't believe in what Harsin is building at Auburn.

I would say it is more about their draft position evaluation. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, peashooter said:

It can be and likely is both. Pappoe, Wooden, and Hall all coming back when they could go to the draft or transfer pretty much anywhere speaks highly of this staff. Both in terms of the team culture and the trust they have that they will be further developed. 

• Like 1

Great news. 

44 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Now need Pappoe to come back, pick up an experienced  linebacker from the transfer portal and then the defense will be stacked.

Even if Pappoe comes back, IMO it'd be wise to get 2 LBs in the portal. Just not encouraged by what I've seen out of the most of this year's backups.

• Like 2

Will be a 1-3 round draft pick eventually. Going to be a beast if he keeps healthy. The interior is going to be sured up next year and will allow him to wreak havoc. Mason assembling a nice unit. We need to have the offense on the same level.

Edited by sevenlee36

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Yes Pappoe genuinely should consider coming back as he has shown sparks of greatness but his injuries have set him back. Hoping that he sees it that way also!! WDE!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peashooter said:

Or whats the most probable is that it is both, smh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peashooter said:

And I would say that is a smart decision. Come back get better, get drafted higher. 

Could the defense play both offense and defense next year..😁😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, roe4christ said:

🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Reminds me of the year after the last time we went to the Birmingham Bowl. I think if we had roughly the same trajectory we had from 2015-17 during 2021-23, most would be happy this time.

Edited by AUwent