How do you fix this team/program?

gr82b4au

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i think we are damn near there already. those SCe cats have beat us two years in a row.  also why have we not gotten any ol's from the juco ranks? are we hoping to do better in the portal? it just seems odd we are racking up on d guys and that is it.

IIRC, the same questions were asked about last years recruiting plan.  Loaded up on defense and left oline on the back burner for some reason?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO, the team output was but not the coach.

If that’s the case, then this team has woefully NOT met Harsin’s “high standard” since freaking October.  

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:56 PM, jared52 said:

2-3 yard of losing seasons to purge the program followed by replacing the coach with someone who knows how to recruit in the SEC backed by people who know how to make sure recruits end up with you or at the very least not at your rivals. 

Come on Jared.... Did you see the recruiting? Everyone turned it into a story and we closed like a champ and recruited well despite having a horrible year.

Will have to bring in some true tackles. One more offseason in the strength program and working in the system will improve the chemistry along the offensive line.

improved offensive line play will mean stronger run game and less pressure on pass plays

Here are some other reasons I am not concerned:

There is a pretty dramatic difference between the offensive system under Gus and the one we have now. Huge learning curve going to a more complex system. One more off season is going to do wonders.

IF TJ is the guy… we have to remember he did not have an off season to learn the system, he did not get first team reps the majority of the year, and only had a fraction of the time most people have to develop chemistry with receivers.

Whoever the QB is, they need to have a full offseason. I am not certain who that will be.

I think we will see massive improvement in year 2. We are not as far off as most people think.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Come on Jared.... Did you see the recruiting? Everyone turned it into a story and we closed like a champ and recruited well despite having a horrible year.

I did see it and it was a nice, mid-SEC finish compared to where they were in the summer. The obvious caveat to that being there is one HS OL in the class. Yeah ‘23 is supposed to be the year that changes so I’m not calling for anyone’s head (as if that matters anyway), but the staff started from behind and don’t seem to be catching up on that area yet. That’s where the “people who know how to make sure recruits end up with you” come in. 

On 12/29/2021 at 8:51 AM, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Analysts and Advisors??? Who are these people? Especially the Offensive side of the ball. Recruit the QB position hard. It can be hit or miss. Is Auburn gonna allow Harsin to bring in who he wants? Real hardcore Auburn folks knew the ship had a leak. 

Recruit Nation Wide. Top of List is Offensive Line.. example Minnesota. Their Line is MASSIVE. Recruit the same areas. Tightends that can stretch the field. WRs that can stretch the field, no break away TDs this season to my knowledge.  Guys that can run on Defense, that arent afraid to cover tight..

Oh EXAMPLE .... Hello EXAMPLE.. Cincinnati Bearcats.. playing our beloved friends from Turdloser ... you have heard about Bearcats defense, in particular, the defensive backfield..  Senior Defensive Analyst Jon Tenuta.. yeah THAT Jon Tenuta.. sitting in his underwear, on a headset.

6 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Oh EXAMPLE .... Hello EXAMPLE.. Cincinnati Bearcats.. playing our beloved friends from Turdloser ... you have heard about Bearcats defense, in particular, the defensive backfield..  Senior Defensive Analyst Jon Tenuta.. yeah THAT Jon Tenuta.. sitting in his underwear, on a headset.

puzled2.gif

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, keesler said:

IIRC, the same questions were asked about last years recruiting plan.  Loaded up on defense and left oline on the back burner for some reason?

I think if we don't get at least 3 OL from the portal, there will be a massive meltdown of monumental proportions on this board.  That position has to be addressed immediately or I feel we will see the same type of result next year.  The question will be though......is there 3 OL with SEC ability.  No need just adding bodies if they are not quality lineman.  We shall see.

• Like 1

Everyone is saying it:

1) Recruit and develop talent on the OLINE

2) Recruit a Qb ready to start

3) Make sure someone on staff is a proven QB developer / coach.

It's noce not having to worry about the other side of the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shabby said:

Everyone is saying it:

Defense may just save our butts a few times next year.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, shabby said:

Everyone is saying it:

Very strong start to 2/3. Working on 1.

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Very strong start to 2/3. Working on 1.

Number 1 offensive line.  not feeling very much will change this year

Number 2 qb ready to start nothing yet but maybe

Number 3 we shall see. To soon to tell. How many people from Dilly to Bobo were going to be great at developing a qb

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Number 1 offensive line.  not feeling very much will change this year

Number 2 qb ready to start nothing yet but maybe

Number 3 we shall see. To soon to tell. How many people from Dilly to Bobo were going to be great at developing a qb

Maybe too soon to see evidence but OC choice certainly weighted heavily in that direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Fine coaching job by Cincy coach...talent matters...A level talent...

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'Adam Gorney @adamgor... Georgia: 17 five-stars, 49 four-stars Alabama: 11 five-stars, 60 four-stars Michigan: 2 five-stars, 39 four-stars Cincinnati: Ο five-stars, nine four- stars Georgia 34, Michigan 11 Alabama 27, Cincinnati 6 88 19 n.rivals.com College Football Playoff: How Rivals rated the rosters'

While I agree he did a great job with this team, I think comparing them to the other 3 doesn't make any sense.

Compare his recruiting to the teams he played during the year, then we can get a better gauge.

If there had been any other power 5 team with no losses, Cinn would have never been in the mix for the CFP.

Going undefeated in ANY conference is a tough and a worthy accomplishment, but the stars aligned for his team to into the playoffs.

But I give them their due. They beat a team we couldn't beat (Houston). :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

While I agree he did a great job with this team, I think comparing them to the other 3 doesn't make any sense.

Compare his recruiting to the teams he played during the year, then we can get a better gauge.

If there had been any other power 5 team with no losses, Cinn would have never been in the mix for the CFP.

Going undefeated in ANY conference is a tough and a worthy accomplishment, but the stars aligned for his team to into the playoffs.

But I give them their due. They beat a team we couldn't beat (Houston). :)

Fickle is a good coach, there is no doubt about that.  But him being a good coach w/ little talent is going to get him destroyed by decent coaches with good talent 9/10 times. 

Get rid of all the entitled players and raise the percentage of players that are all in with Harsin.  

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1

duct tape...........it will fix anything. heck just look at golf..............