* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He won the GA State game

Yes but he was not the starter. I agree we would not have won without him, but right now he is 0-2 as a starter at AU. 

1 minute ago, e808 said:

But it’s not like it his first starts. He played a lot last year

First start 8th start in doesn't matter. He needs 3 years development as most do

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'd love to see this threads reaction if Kobe dropped that same pass from Bo.

"DROPS" "HIT HIM IN THE HANDS"

Absolutely but you know that's going to happen on here, but seriously bringing up we saw him against us last year.....it's like you are saying we suck so bad he got beat by us! While pretending that you can't take this because you are so used to awesome qb play lol

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I want DD on next possession. Finley has no mobility and once he starts to move no accuracy with time he can throw a great ball. Tank is going great add a QB who can run and we can win this game on the ground while still throwing enough to keep Houston honest.

He has mobility and hea shown it, but you're right he's really bad throwing off the run. Wonder if that's why we don't see many roll outs with him

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Naw he severely under threw the guy. If it was on the money May have been a first or close to it

He’s been very inaccurate all season. That long pass to Hudson was behind him and Hudson made a nice catch reaching back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

It's a wild idea...but they've watched the other QB practice for 12 months and might know more 

How bad can DD be. At least use him in the red zone. TJ has killed all three drives with his inability as a threat to run its 11 on 10

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigerrules said:

Strong statement. Auburn has had some bad QBs.  

But there are so many things wrong with this offense you can’t blame it all on Finley. It all starts with the o line. 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's a wild idea...but they've watched the other QB practice for 12 months and might know more 

Right now, i don't give a _____ what he's looked like in practice! wde

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's essentially a RS Fr (covid TrFr) and he looks like one.  Too many ppl expecting young QBs to look amazing 

I would be ecstatic just to have one look average.

Just now, au302 said:

I am going to go into dream mode and hope we convince Bachmeier and Vandagriff to both come and duke it out. Yes, I am preparing for Calzada

Bachmeier took his name out of the portal last I had heard 

19 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Then let’s put him in for a couple of series and see how accurate that assessment is because our offense of production can’t really get any worse.

Disagree. TJ has at least taken care of the football. 

• Like 1