* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

Just now, McLoofus said:

You know how it would go if he had some RS FR moments and Geriner's on the sideline. 

And the same thing would happen to Geriner if we get one of this big time 2023 guys out of CA. 

We'll never be united unless we finally get another Cam or 2004 Jason Campbell. Even Nick didn't unite the fan base until after the fact. 

I know loof. I'm just trying to hope. Really need a surprisingly good season next year or it's going to be unbearable on here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think we have a locked in starter at all going into the spring.  Expecting a transfer and a wide ass open competition.

Yup. Geriner will be a factor in the competition, too. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Why should you be able to recklessly lead with your head and hit another player in the head

can anyone respond to that without a variation of “it’s just football” 

Because helmet to helmet used to have a sane penalty.

Just now, gctiger said:

More often than not, Smoke is good for a target or pass interference call.  I honestly won’t miss it when he’s gone.

My gf is a Tenn fanatic, and says the same about Jeremy Banks.  The O/U on Banks getting a personal foul/UC flag is about 2 per game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I know loof. I'm just trying to hope. Really need a surprisingly good season next year or it's going to be unbearable on here

Next year's not going to be pretty IMO. I think folks thinking clearly will feel very good going into 2023 but most Auburn fans will be shook. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Because helmet to helmet used to have a sane penalty.

That literally doesn’t absolve the act whatsoever. Not even a bit 

The easiest way to avoid the penalty…is by not hitting someone helmet to helmet 

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

Next year's not going to be pretty IMO. I think folks thinking clearly will feel very good going into 2023 but most Auburn fans will be shook. 

Yep. Literally if I have to make how can it go right prediction is we hit on all of the freshmen defense guys and we have a monster defense next year and we ride that momentum to a special season. That's my last hail mary

• Haha 1

Lol. An 11-win Holgo team still sitting on 10 points. With our two best players out. Also missing Pappoe and now Monday.

This is awesome in the most literal sense of the word. 

• Like 3