* Official Auburn vs. Houston Game Thread *

abw0004

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

We’re missing over 25% of our normal starters and in areas without much depth. Let these guys finish and see what they got. 2021 we got the see the difference in the mental philosophy with Harsin. 2022 we should start seeing the difference in the players. 

Genuinely curious, what was the mental philosophy shift? 

Seriously, what did y'all expect?

CBH and staff can't conjure up a new roster between the end of the regular season and the bowl game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Did I mention we suck ?

sorry guys, not holding back today 

D is doing pretty well, considering

O is like walking barefoot in a darkened room full of Legos

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You take Tank, the TE’s and Kobe away from this offense and they aren’t even worthy of playing for Vandy. How tf are we so deficient on the Oline? What was Gus thinking?

We have the #1 and #3 JUCO!!!  That should fix all of it. @Mikey  @bigbird

This reminds me of a Birmingham Bowl, I attended, between Kentucky and Pitt. The KY QB was Morgan Newton. Finley reminds me of him. KY had Cobb, I think that was his name. He was a heck of a player. 

Edited by Farmer Brown

Just now, EagleEye67 said:

D is doing pretty well, considering

O is like walking barefoot in a darkened room full of Legos

Agreed. I think the defense is looking fairly solid.

TJ has thrown some decent passes when he had a little more time. Tank...well, he's doing the best he can with the "holes" the OL is trying to open

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

We’re missing over 25% of our normal starters and in areas without much depth. Let these guys finish and see what they got. 2021 we got the see the difference in the mental philosophy with Harsin. 2022 we should start seeing the difference in the players. 

I agree, however TJ was in there with the starters this year and has not won a game yet. The last two games were very winnable and he was just bad (yes he was hurt in the uat game). 
He is the exact same quarterback that we played last year when Auburn destroyed LSU. He looks the same. He is slow and wildly inaccurate. I think 2022 could be a pretty good year but not with him at quarterback.

Also David must be dreadful if we are not even going to try him for a few plays in a meaningless bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Hate to burst you guys' bubble, but there is a reason DD isn't playing. Remember when everyone wanted TJ over Bo...there was a reason the pecking order was the way it was. 

Thanks for the pep talk!! WDE

3 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Hate to burst you guys' bubble, but there is a reason DD isn't playing. Remember when everyone wanted TJ over Bo...there was a reason the pecking order was the way it was. 

As I just said in another thread, I've seen coaching staffs at AU deem a future 1st round NFL QB not good enough (Malik Willis).  Forgive me if I would rather see it on the field first.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Then let’s put him in for a couple of series and see how accurate that assessment is because our offense of production can’t really get any worse.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

I will respectfully say how bad can DD be. It’s not like TJ is lighting it up and Auburn is currently 0-2 with him starting. We have no clue about DD. There was some idea about TJ as Auburn took his lunch money last year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, selias said:

Seriously, what did y'all expect?

CBH and staff can't conjure up a new roster between the end of the regular season and the bowl game.

tenor-1.gif

shocker-shocked.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Then let’s put him in for a couple of series and see how accurate that assessment is because our offense of production can’t really get any worse.

Yep, this is the time to see what DD is made of.   Will never be a better opportunity

• Like 1

Harsin should be fired for not changing our oline into 1st round picks, in three weeks. He should have also transformed our QB into Cam Newton as well. Fire him now. He should also chew gum, pick his nose, dump the hat for a visor,  and start pulling his britches up, to show he is really involved on the sideline. His sweatshirt is also unacceptable. He should wear a barber shirt, like Chizik, or at least wear a vest. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will respectfully say how bad can DD be. It’s not like TJ is lighting it up and Auburn is currently 0-2 with him starting. We have no clue about DD. There was some idea about TJ as Auburn took his lunch money last year

Key words, "We have no clue..." but I'm sure the coaches do. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

agree, however TJ was in there with the starters this year and has not won a game yet

He won the GA State game

Just now, WFE12 said:

I've been working so I missed most of the first half. How has Bryan's playcalling been?

Can't actually complain about the playcalling much so far, so... that's positive!

• Like 2