Predictions for Today

AUght2win

I've got a good feeling. I think Houston's record is big time fool's gold. They're 11-2. But their 11 wins came against opponents with a combined record of 48-63 in a bad conference. One of their 2 losses was to a very pedestrian 6-6 Texas Tech team. I think we hit them in the mouth today similar to how we did Memphis a few years ago.

Good guys 30-13.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Houston 31

Auburn 21

Still trying to figure out how Auburn can run the ball. Maybe they can get it done. Who knows. 

We've run pretty well against lesser talent. 

Houston is still a sack machine even w/out their main hoss and either of our QB options behind this O line means the new OC will be thrown into the fire.

AU 17

Houston 9

Edited by aucanucktiger

I really couldn't put a score on this one.  We should have more talent than Houston but their offensive scheme is the type to give us fits like moo state.  I think it will be a low scoring game if we win.

29 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Houston is still a sack machine even w/out their main hoss and either of our QB options behind this O line means the new OC will be thrown into the fire.

AU 17

Houston 9

"new OC will be thrown into the fire?"  I don't believe the new OC is coaching in the bowl game, and if he is coaching he definitely isn't calling plays.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

I've got a good feeling. I think Houston's record is big time fool's gold. They're 11-2. But their 11 wins came against opponents with a combined record of 48-63 in a bad conference. One of their 2 losses was to a very pedestrian 6-6 Texas Tech team. I think we hit them in the mouth today similar to how we did Memphis a few years ago.

Good guys 30-13.

Obviously that would be an encouraging sign. I am trying hard to be positive since the crowd may be a little helpful at times.

TJ Finley goes for 23-26 for 383 and 4 TD giving us all a false sense of security rolling into next year. The hype train goes off the rails. TJ is awarded the Off-season Heisman. 

All kidding aside, I think we fight for an ugly win and we have the opposite effect of above...and we are doom and gloom until spring.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 2

I think Houston puts up 500+ yards of offense. I'm just hoping once they get down to the RZ, AU can keep them out of the end zone. AU is going to need a huge day from Tank and Hunter, but UH's defense allows 105 YPG. The new OL is going to have to really show out. 

I'm not optimistic. I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 42-21 UH. This is one of those times where I'd love to be wrong. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Didba said:

"new OC will be thrown into the fire?"  I don't believe the new OC is coaching in the bowl game, and if he is coaching he definitely isn't calling plays.

True dat, thanks. I'll stick with my score prediction though.😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Auburn 34

Houston 17

Tank shows out and the defense shows up. 

That would be a genuinely uplifting occasion for both Auburn and Tank!

• Like 1

37-20 Auburn wins. We have a chip on our shoulder. Look forward to seeing Davis.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

More concerned about our defensive subs for the game. LB play when rabbit was out was actually pretty ugly.  Maybe they are able to scheme around it today, but during the season…not so much.  Simpson has flashed at times…good and bad.  Let’s hope for “good” today. 

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

Auburn 21

Houston 17

I think we continue to look clueless offensively but the defense carries us to a win

21 May not be stupendous but don’t see it as clueless either.