"We'll see what that looks like tomorrow."

LPTiger

2 hours ago, metafour said:

Have you considered that Davis isn't "the future" and they've already determined that? The whole narrative of "Davis has to get snaps because it's helpful for the future" falls apart if you consider that this is only true if they actually have plans for him to be the starter here. A lot of this makes more sense if you approach it from the angle of: Davis was an inherited QB from a prior completely different offensive philosophy and perhaps he's not as good as fans want to convince themselves he is.

The most popular player on the team is always a backup QB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metafour said:

Have you considered that Davis isn't "the future" and they've already determined that? The whole narrative of "Davis has to get snaps because it's helpful for the future" falls apart if you consider that this is only true if they actually have plans for him to be the starter here. A lot of this makes more sense if you approach it from the angle of: Davis was an inherited QB from a prior completely different offensive philosophy and perhaps he's not as good as fans want to convince themselves he is.

Remember when we had a coaching staff that didn't deem Malik Willis good enough?  Ya know, the future NFL QB and likely first rounder?

Yeah, I'd like to see what Davis can do before we declare he's "not good".

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Remember when we had a coaching staff that didn't deem Malik Willis good enough?  Ya know, the future NFL QB and likely first rounder?

Yeah, I'd like to see what Davis can do before we declare he's "not good".

I’m just spit ballin’ here but I’m going to assume that Mr. Davis is a much better runner than he is a thrower and is going to be much more suited to run a Hugh Freeze style offense where he opens up the deep pass by RPOing halfway down the field.  I’m just not sure Harsin is going to install that type of offense around one player.

8 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I’m just spit ballin’ here but I’m going to assume that Mr. Davis is a much better runner than he is a thrower and is going to be much more suited to run a Hugh Freeze style offense where he opens up the deep pass by RPOing halfway down the field.  I’m just not sure Harsin is going to install that type of offense around one player.

He's not a bad thrower.  And his HS offense was not RPO based.  Shotgun/spread for sure, but not RPO.  Check last year's highlights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the hardest parts of being a fan is not having all the information that the coaches have.   As I sit here disappointed again, it is not easy to understand why Dee wasn't given a shot.   When Bo was playing poorly I couldn't understand why TJ wasn't given a shot.   Then, TJ saved us in the Ga St game only to have Bo start the next week.   Again, I couldn't understand.   Well now TJ has played multiple games, and I think I have now seen why the coaches kept defaulting to Bo.    As badly as TJ played today, the coaches kept defaulting to him.    Hars has more reasons than any of us to play the guy that gives us the best chance to win (as Loof pointed out earlier in this thread).    The only thing that makes sense is the our professional coaches stuck with Bo because as bad as he played at times, he was "less bad" than TJ and now they stuck with TJ because he is less bad than Dee.   There are only 2 other conclusions IMO.   One, Hars doesn't actually want to win.   Even the ForeverGusers don't believe this.  Two, our professional coaches can't properly evaluate Dee vs. TJ.   While two is possible, they properly evaluated Bo vs. TJ.  I suspect they are properly evaluating TJ vs. Dee.   I hope Holden brings his big boy pants to AU on day 1.   Something tells me he will.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's not a bad thrower.  And his HS offense was not RPO based.  Shotgun/spread for sure, but not RPO.  Check last year's highlights.

We could have used his scrambling abilities today. 

We could have used his deep balls too.

Obviously it’s a highlight film, but his footwork for an athletic QB in this tape is pretty solid. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

We could have used his scrambling abilities today. 

We could have used his deep balls too.

Obviously it’s a highlight film, but his footwork for an athletic QB in this tape is pretty solid. 

You aren't the starting QB and win back to back 6A titles in Texas if you can't throw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, selias said:

The most popular player on the team is always a backup QB

Yeah those were the good ole days for TJ I think. 

• Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Yeah those were the good ole days for TJ I think. 

Former players aren't pulling any punches on Twitter. Not sure I've seen much of that before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You aren't the starting QB and win back to back 6A titles in Texas if you can't throw.

I agree. Unless our OL improves drastically I think I’ll be hard pressed to not see DD on the field over TJ and Holden. It’s obvious from film the DD can sling it as well. 

• Like 1

I’m not like the majority of auburn fans I’ll admit it, but I would’ve valued seeing the youth on offense and losing 1000 times over seeing Finley give us an ugly, let’s say 13-10, win over Houston in the yuckiest bowl game we can play. I wouldn’t even remember the win 2 weeks from now 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, metafour said:

If this is the case, why hasn’t DD entered the portal? Maybe he will now. Also, if this is the case, I would hope the coaching staff would communicate it to him so he can enter it. Kid was a winner in high school. Wish we could’ve seen at least a little bit of what he could/couldn’t do.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I follow Kerryon, too. A couple interesting posts from him today re: Bo and Gus.

He has good reason to be loyal, I can imagine Bo is an extension of Gus, and I can imagine that rhetoric from the fanbase the last couple years might inspire a "nanny nanny boo boo" response from him. 

I get where he's coming from, but he committed the same logical fallacy as others in confusing TJ's performance yesterday for meaning that Bo is better than he is. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He has good reason to be loyal, I can imagine Bo is an extension of Gus, and I can imagine that rhetoric from the fanbase the last couple years might inspire a "nanny nanny boo boo" response from him. 

I get where he's coming from, but he committed the same logical fallacy as others in confusing TJ's performance yesterday for meaning that Bo is better than he is. 

I’m happy that Bo has moved on, but do you not think that Bo is better than TJ? 

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I’m happy that Bo has moved on, but do you not think that Bo is better than TJ? 

Do you think that Bo being better than TJ means that Bo was a good enough quarterback?

That is the logical fallacy that KJ and many fans have made. 

• Like 1