So question

cole256

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

In that other thread you've heard it was hard on him, his teammates weren't good, he wasn't put in a situation to succeed, it's other players on his team people were mean, he loved Auburn his entire life, and now nobody knows his sacrifices. 

I’ve never seen anything like it. Related to sports, at least. Proves that most people are incapable of changing their minds, regardless of all the evidence. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cbo said:

I’ve never seen anything like it. Related to sports, at least. Proves that most people are incapable of changing their minds, regardless of all the evidence. 

It’s definitely a divisive issue for sure, but I think most, if not all, want to just move on.  It’s similar to when Gus Malzahn was fired.  It took forever for the threads to stop and there is still some residual hatred if you go on the “Rivals” side.

It’s like when you go through a bad breakup when the other party is in the wrong.  Just move on, hate will only do bad for you.  Jump on that Tinder.  Go order from the menu again.  So what your Big Mac at McDonalds sucked.  Let’s take you to Chick Fil A and get you a Frosted Lemonade.  😉

C0C42CC8-2456-4B35-8EEF-A347892A4ECD.gif

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It’s definitely a divisive issue for sure, but I think most, if not all, want to just move on.  It’s similar to when Gus Malzahn was fired.  It took forever for the threads to stop and there is still some residual hatred if you go on the “Rivals” side.

It’s like when you go through a bad breakup when the other party is in the wrong.  Just move on, hate will only do bad for you.  Jump on that Tinder.  Go order from the menu again.  So what your Big Mac at McDonalds sucked.  Let’s take you to Chick Fil A and get you a Frosted Lemonade.  😉

C0C42CC8-2456-4B35-8EEF-A347892A4ECD.gif

It will always be divisive when you have badly bias people in the fray. Everyone has a little bias but when you have people who are ignorant in their bias , that they double down on it, there will be no moving forward.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Shirtless is the only correct answer here. 

i wonder what the university would say if bruce wore barbells. the fallout would be epic as long as they did not fire him.......

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

What does any of that have to do about Bo holding his team hostage for recruiting then leaving.

And I guess I'll assume that if someone checked your old posts there would be none of you offering criticism to any player on this team?

It’s like when people use scripture to fit their own agenda . It’s ridiculous 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, cbo said:

Or can't admit it. Both are bizarre and pathetic to me. But shouldn't be, because as you said it's more common than the alternative. /rant

What I hope, naive though it may be, is that at least some of those folks learn from it and take the opportunity to challenge their assumptions a little more on the front end going forward. Or at least acknowledge the superficial reasons for making them. 

Every kid that walks into that locker room might be the leader and competitor and baller that so many of y'all just assumed Bo was. Be open to that and let them show it. 

Edit: Per usual, someone else said it shorter and better. See @DAG's post above. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, bdc81 said:

Lets see

Graduated 

Did not steal, rob, assault  anyone

1and1 vs the REC

Played hard, no embarrassing behavior on or off the field (ok he sulked a little bit)

Not my pick for the role but have no objections

Little doc

He gave Auburn everything he had... except 40% of his eligibility. 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

It will always be divisive when you have badly bias people in the fray. Everyone has a little bias but when you have people who are ignorant in their bias , that they double down on it, there will be no moving forward.

I agree.  I don’t think that will ever go away.  It’s kind of like in politics.  There will always be a group that will never change their mind.

I am just ready to move on from it and focus the attention on TJ, DD, and Holden when he arrives.  It is Gameday, after all!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

Concerning Bo Nix, "Let he who actually played college football cast the first stone".

Truth is, most of us on this board have no idea what determination, dedication, sacrifice, and toughness is required to play any collegiate sport much less SEC football.

"It ain't rude if it's true".

100% man live my life like that, I ordered a rare steak last week and it came out charred black, but I thought to myself. I've never been a cook at a restaurant, so really I'm not allowed to hold an opinion on a product I've paid for.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Bo sure is living rent free in some of y'all's heads...

Based retort zoomer, based.

But really bird, don't let your grandkids post on your account anymore, have them make their own. ;) 

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Based on that logic , why are you even on this forum.

I come on this forum because I love Auburn and Auburn football. Also, I want to learn more about football and there are some knowledgeable posters on here that sometimes offer useful insight into the game and that I can learn something from. That's it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Based retort zoomer, based.

But really bird, don't let your grandkids post on your account anymore, have them make their own. ;) 

katena-sarcasm-tbv-sarcasm.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

And I guess I'll assume that if someone checked your old posts there would be none of you offering criticism to any player on this team?

I try not to criticize players and I hope that I haven't. They are just (18 to 23) years old, and I know I did some stupid things when I was that age. Coaches are a different story. I complained about CGM a lot and Stephen Leath for the completely unjustified contract.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

I try not to criticize players and I hope that I haven't. They are just (18 to 23) years old, and I know I did some stupid things when I was that age. Coaches are a different story. I complained about CGM a lot and Stephen Leath for the completely unjustified contract.

YARN | He is one of us. | How I Met Your Mother (2005) - S04E07 Romance |  Video gifs by quotes | 6a2cf06a | 紗

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i like any underdog that is never expected to do much and excells..........

Robert Leff?

Robert Leff is a 6-6, 270-pound Offensive Tackle from Fairhope, AL. He is ranked No. 1216 in the country by 247Sports.

Leff is the No. 36 recruit in Alabama (AL) and is the No. 107 Offensive Tackle in the nation.

Leff has a 247Sports rating of 81, making him a 3-star prospect.

He has committed to Auburn Tigers.

Left Auburn an all-SEC performer. 

CAREER | Played in team-leading 53 games with 15 starts

2016 | All-SEC first team (Pro Football Focus) ... All-SEC second team (AP, Athlon) ... started all 13 games at right tackle ... Preseason: Senior Bowl watch list ... Reese’s Senior Bowl participant ... SEC Academic Honor Roll

2 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

I come on this forum because I love Auburn and Auburn football. Also, I want to learn more about football and there are some knowledgeable posters on here that sometimes offer useful insight into the game and that I can learn something from. That's it.

Well that can’t be completely true because I know for a fact you were criticizing CBH about his play calling so no that’s not it. You throwing stones and hiding your hand? “Let he who coached college football throw the first stone.”

“We definitely should have gone for two at this point.

Nothing else makes any sense. By not doing so we agreed to match our red zone offense

up against Bama's. Not a good idea.”

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Didba said:

Put McCreary on there.  And any other auburn tiger that went in the first 2-3 rounds in the last 5 years.  It is what Harsin would do. NFL draft bb.

I think he already is?

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I think he already is?

Noice

• Like 1