Flash

LPTiger

On 12/26/2021 at 8:32 AM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

We had a pretty solid track record of using speedster type undersized wr's .. Ryan Davis for instance crushed it at Au, Eli Stove was a force and I feel like we used Schwartz pretty effectively to be honest. We probably left a little meat on the bone but what would have a better use of him have looked like? More sweeps? More deep bombs? 

Oh you are this guy? Next lol

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Not sure what that means but I'll take your lack of a rational and coherent logical argument as a total submission. 

Bruh you said our WRs run the same sophisticated routes as Alabama. This has been completely dismissed by analyst, pro scouts and our own players, yet  you got the nerve to talk about rational and logical thoughts? Why would I waste my time ? Lol.

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Knew that was coming. Who was the person on whatever board that said that phrase? It's like every old guy just loved it and feel like it's so hip to say lol. 

Man this is clever, pay rent in your head BURN 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂

Get ready for this dad joke to move over to Bo btw.

Mikey clearly loves rent free in your head.

BOOM, GOT EM /boomer burn 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

The point here would be that while an argument is being made that the old staff didn't develop wr's to where they could be drafted higher him it seems ironic given our current staff is having greater difficulty coaching wr's up (at least in year one). Also I don't think it's true that every (or even most) wr's have alluded to "well if I was coached elsewhere I would of been drafted higher". 

If you read the posts and actually comprehend them, it's much more than just coaching. It's scheme, advanced offensive understand, complexity, etc that didn't exist with Gus.

And if you buy into our WR coaching being poor and was fired for coaching inabilities, then you should praise Harsin for making a change so quickly and inserting a good coach. 

So, either way your point is bad and illogical 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

The point here would be that while an argument is being made that the old staff didn't develop wr's to where they could be drafted higher him it seems ironic given our current staff is having greater difficulty coaching wr's up (at least in year one).

That's not how football works. Or irony. 

25 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Also I don't think it's true that every (or even most) wr's have alluded to "well if I was coached elsewhere I would of been drafted higher". 

Argue the exact number all you want but multiple receivers said these things. Now here's an example of how irony actually works: Ryan Davis, who you mentioned in another post, is one of them. In fact, he is probably the most egregious example of a wildly talented pass catcher who was extremely limited in what he was allowed to do here. What is ironic is you naming a guy who was both 1) one of the most prolific pass catchers in school history and 2) not drafted. 

It's becoming clear that a certain club has gained a new member. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

The point here would be that while an argument is being made that the old staff didn't develop wr's to where they could be drafted higher him it seems ironic given our current staff is having greater difficulty coaching wr's up (at least in year one). Also I don't think it's true that every (or even most) wr's have alluded to "well if I was coached elsewhere I would of been drafted higher". 

Being developed in your skill set and not being allowed to run certain routes literally because the offense doesn't use them are two different things. 

I also think it's a difference in developed on the field and not even being told that certain concepts exist. And nobody knows if these current guys are being taught or developed less. Everything about that situation on here was based literally off of made up stuff on Twitter

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Who are you ? 

I've been having to use this one a bunch lately. People come at you mad and passionate as if you're arch rivals and you literally haven't interacted before lol

• Like 1

Under Gus a few that were drafted seemed to always have the underdeveloped but high ceiling tag. Guys like Schwartz and Stidham seemed to get drafted off their potentials, despite them maybe not being as productive or beloved as guys like Stove, Ryan Davis, Nick Marshall, etc.

14 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What's really happened is a few former AU wide receivers couldn't cut it in pro ball so instead of blaming themselves they point fingers at their former coaches. 

Blaming others for one's own failings is the in-thing these days and it's not limited to sports.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What's really happened is a few former AU wide receivers couldn't cut it in pro ball so instead of blaming themselves they point fingers at their former coaches. 

Blaming others for one's own failings is the in-thing these days and it's not limited to sports.

I don't know if that's correct. Slayton and Schwartz were the two I remember being critical, and they are both in the league and contributing. Slayton in particular has had nice career it seems. Also super supportive of AU on twitter still. I do agree that blaming others is a common thing to do, but not sure if it applies to this situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Nope. They said it during the draft process. Based on feedback from NFL personnel. 

Blaming others for one's own failings has been the "in-thing" since the beginning of time, because it's the easiest thing to do. That's not what happened here. These guys were fighting for a job they deserved but weren't prepared for. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I see you're back to blaming the players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine being talented enough to make it to the NFL despite not being developed to play your position.  We have had the talent at WR but, for the most part, they all played like they did as HS seniors. Same goes with the OL.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

I see you're back to blaming the players.

Place the blame where it belongs. The vast majority of college players don't have a future in the NFL. Some of those blame their coaches.

PS: Is Robinson's failure to improve this season the fault of coaches for three different teams or is he simply not an NFL talent?

Edited by Mikey

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Everyone but you has

Our punter improved this season over last. Bo Nix a little. Who else made unusual improvement? Hudson figured to improve with another year and I can't see where the infusion of new coaching blood did a bit of good otherwise.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Our punter improved this season over last. Bo Nix a little. Who else made unusual improvement? Hudson figured to improve with another year and I can't see where the infusion of new coaching blood did a bit of good otherwise.

Did I read that Shenker just set the all-time Auburn tight end receiving record.   He may have had more catches this year than Gus' tight ends combined for in Gus' last three years.   Did I see that Tank rushed for over 1,100 yards.  McCreary came back and is now thought to be a first rounder.  Wooten after taking a year off, I'd say he looked improved.   I think Derrick Hall looked improved.   Shed Jackson had his best year.  TD didn't jump offsides as much😀.  Mikey a cardinal rule in debating is "don't overplay your argument."   By not recognizing the obvious in Shenker's record year, the rest of your post comes off as overplayed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think DL improved a great deal. May have been system or individual work but they definitely improved.

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

Place the blame where it belongs. The vast majority of college players don't have a future in the NFL. Some of those blame their coaches.

PS: Is Robinson's failure to improve this season the fault of coaches for three different teams or is he simply not an NFL talent?

I would say that based on his play and having to transfer twice during his career, he is just not as talented as he thinks he is.    And just from the limited amount of time that I have watched him play this year, I don’t think he is NFL worthy.   
but your argument doesn’t make sense.   Guys are in the league playing NFL football and say that they weren’t coached up in the basic concepts of route running.   So what are you trying to say?

Dude in here claiming Gus had a route tree just like Bama's...  like bruh don't out your lack of scheme knowledge that hard my man.

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

Everyone but you has

Facts.