Flash

LPTiger

25 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I would defer to the scouts and big wigs in the league. They are unbiased and just want to win. 

They overdraft elite speed often

29 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I told you we needed a shaking my head reaction that we can just click on instead of wasting energy typing responses.😁

When I get a dislike from certain posters, I know I've said something right.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Seth hid a lot of weaknesses with his ability to grab jump balls. We noticed that void this year with no guy like that. That said, the scouts aren't biased so I was surprised that he was drafted that low and hasn't cracked a lineup. Schwartz is contributing on an active roster. Hope Seth gets his shot

49 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I would defer to the scouts and big wigs in the league. They are unbiased and just want to win. 

I'd take that bet.all day every day. 

College and NFL are two different things. Auburn is a COLLEGE. On this team it's not close to who was the best wr. With an accurate QB maybe flash could be better and that's a maybe. With the qb they had not close

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

Seth hid a lot of weaknesses with his ability to grab jump balls. We noticed that void this year with no guy like that. That said, the scouts aren't biased so I was surprised that he was drafted that low and hasn't cracked a lineup. Schwartz is contributing on an active roster. Hope Seth gets his shot

Seth is on a pretty stacked Denver team in terms of WRs. 

Seth's biggest issues is while he's explosive (broad jump/vert), he graded really poorly on his 3 cone and shuttle times vs other WRs. Bottom quartile of WRs in the last 25+ years.  So some mobility/change if direction limitations. 

His 10 yard split was also really bad, even though his 40/20yard split was OK

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'd take that bet.all day every day. 

He’s gotta make the active roster and actually get in a ball game before we know. I’d rather have Flash as I think he’s got a higher ceiling but I do agree based on tangible  performance and numbers Seth had a better college career. No doubt about that. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

He’s gotta make the active roster and actually get in a ball game before we know. I’d rather have Flash as I think he’s got a higher ceiling but I do agree based on tangible  performance and numbers Seth had a better college career. No doubt about that. 

All I was talking personally was college. In the NFL there are too many variables to really know. I think if Seth played for the Browns he'd be on the team. If he was somewhere like the Giants he'd certainly would. 

Then if he does ever get a chance it will depend on scheme and all of that. 

I do think if we look at the top wr's as a whole in the NFL it would show there were much more misses than makes as far as finding the best guys

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

What if I say NCM was a better receiver than both? What camp does that put me in?

I'd entertain Kyle Davis......ncm no way on Earth.

• Like 2

Our coaching staff sh@t on every WR for the last decade.  Every single WR has spoken about how they were drafted lower because of the childish offense, lack of route running, inexperience in reading defenses, inexperience in learning NFL level offensive language and playbook.  Woefully unprepared for the NFL game was a quote I remember.

all of our wr’s would have had more financial opportunities if they chose another school under Malzahn.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'd entertain Kyle Davis......ncm no way on Earth.

KD really was the most underappreciated deep threat under the Gus tenure. Dude had a near Duke level catching radius and had a stride that could match the best of them. If Sean could physically put air under the ball, his YAC would’ve went from great to all time great 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Our coaching staff sh@t on every WR for the last decade.  Every single WR has spoken about how they were drafted lower because of the childish offense, lack of route running, inexperience in reading defenses, inexperience in learning NFL level offensive language and playbook.  Woefully unprepared for the NFL game was a quote I remember.

all of our wr’s would have had more financial opportunities if they chose another school under Malzahn.

Really the entire offense besides hb. Every position has someone that stated how they were so far behind everybody else when it came to the NFL and learning to be a pro.

And let's not shy away for how important that is. That's literally a life changing career difference if you graded out in something like the 5th round. It's actually very sad when you think about it

Edited by cole256
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Does Gus Malzahn infest your dreams at night too, or does he only control your brain during waking moments? You should try to charge Gus rent, he's living in your head.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Does Gus Malzahn infest your dreams at night too, or does he only control your brain during waking moments? You should try to charge Gus rent, he's living in your head.

I can assure you he does not, but if he did it would be a nightmare, completely different than the type of dream you have with your man crush.  Boom, roasted!!

It is very common in a certain group of people to accuse those that disagree with them of what they are guilty of doing themselves.

As we have told you 23 million times any talk about the program over the last decade and it's current state will include the guy who impacted it the most.

Also, I apologize for giving you a little chub when I used the word "Boom" 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Knew that was coming. Who was the person on whatever board that said that phrase? It's like every old guy just loved it and feel like it's so hip to say lol. 

Man this is clever, pay rent in your head BURN 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂

Get ready for this dad joke to move over to Bo btw.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, auburnphan said:

While pointing fingers at the old staff regarding wr's and making statements that every single wr spoke out (which seems unlikely--) about how they could have been drafted higher.. The current staffs coaching of the wr corp was so poor that we had to fire our wr coach three or four games in to the season and things didn't really improve much even after that so... Hmm. 

And I like CBH I'm not trying to bash on him here

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

Really the entire offense besides hb. Every position has someone that stated how they were so far behind everybody else when it came to the NFL and learning to be a pro.

And let's not shy away for how important that is. That's literally a life changing career difference if you graded out in something like the 5th round. It's actually very sad when you think about it

Correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but didnt our top RBs complain about being run into the ground before they got to the NFL?

8 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

While pointing fingers at the old staff regarding wr's and making statements that every single wr spoke out (which seems unlikely--) about how they could have been drafted higher.. The current staffs coaching of the wr corp was so poor that we had to fire our wr coach three or four games in to the season and things didn't really improve much even after that so... Hmm. 

Bless your heart

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That's actually different points that you are trying to make.

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Knew that was coming. Who was the person on whatever board that said that phrase? It's like every old guy just loved it and feel like it's so hip to say lol. 

Man this is clever, pay rent in your head BURN 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂

Get ready for this dad joke to move over to Bo btw.

He pops up on every thread that mentions Gus with the same phrase. Dude is super corny . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's actually different points that you are trying to make.

The point here would be that while an argument is being made that the old staff didn't develop wr's to where they could be drafted higher him it seems ironic given our current staff is having greater difficulty coaching wr's up (at least in year one). Also I don't think it's true that every (or even most) wr's have alluded to "well if I was coached elsewhere I would of been drafted higher".