Flash

LPTiger

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Anthony Schwartz got his first NFL TD today.

Schwartz was our best WR last year. I'm not surprised that he's sticking in the NFL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So misunderstood and misused

We had a pretty solid track record of using speedster type undersized wr's .. Ryan Davis for instance crushed it at Au, Eli Stove was a force and I feel like we used Schwartz pretty effectively to be honest. We probably left a little meat on the bone but what would have a better use of him have looked like? More sweeps? More deep bombs? 

• Facepalm 4

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Im sorry, but this is absurd, IMO.

Ryan Davis crushed it? He had 1550 yards in 4 years. He had the talent to be an all-time great and was solely used for bubble screens. Stove could've been a star, but was a decoy 95% of his snaps. Schwartz? What would it have looked like? Watch any of bama's games at how they used any of  Smith, Jeudy, Riggs, Waddle. Schwartz would've been a Heisman candidate in bama's offense 

Davis literally set the school record for receptions while at Auburn but yes he did have to wait his turn, when he got his turn he crushed it. Stove was a star at auburn and had an acl injury that severely limited further stardom. Schwartz was running similar routes as a lot of those Bama guys, a lot of players would be Heisman candidates for bama. That would be my rebuttle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Davis literally set the school record for receptions while at Auburn but yes he did have to wait his turn, when he got his turn he crushed it. Stove was a star at auburn and had an acl injury that severely limited further stardom. Schwartz was running similar routes as a lot of those Bama guys, a lot of players would be Heisman candidates for bama. That would be my rebuttle. 

He had 1 touchdown in 2016 and 1 in 2018. He had a pretty solid year in 17, but the other 2 look pretty abysmal. I guess I could agree that of the criminally underused, he was maybe the least of them, but he still falls in that category imo.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Schwartz was running similar routes as a lot of those Bama guys,

Oh my...

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I don't think you understand what "crushed it" means.

We've literally never had a WR in the modern Era "crush it".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Yup. We had Schwartz crossing, meshing,  running deep routes, reverses and sweeps.  

Go back and watch Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith and Co's routes at Bama, and then watch our guys. I'll wait.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Eli Stove once again gets zero love.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Go back and watch Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith and Co's routes at Bama, and then watch our guys. I'll wait.

Ha don't put that on me as in my subsequent post I described stove as an absolute force at auburn as well as a star.

Naw I'd rather you use your logic and rational to formulate an argument about how they are used vs how Schwartz wasn't used. 

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Seth Williams was our best wr, Schwartz was our most dangerous

Our opinions differ. Were I picking a team, I'd pick Flash before Williams. Flash didn't take plays off and in his last year here, he made a number of tough short yardage catches in crucial drives. That in addition to his long-play potential is why I'd pick him before Williams or Stove.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Ha don't put that on me as in my subsequent post I described stove as an absolute force at auburn as well as a star.

Naw I'd rather you use your logic and rational to formulate an argument about how they are used vs how Schwartz wasn't used. 

So I didnt see your post about Stove before I responded.

As for your second line, I don't have time to teach you the intricacies of football, routes, and schemes which is why I suggested you go back and watch. It's not 1 WR running a similar route. IT's the entire the scheme. Plus, even Bama's routes were much better because they were developed. 

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Eli Stove was a force

He never topped 360 yards 

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I didnt see your post about Stove before I responded.

As for your second line, I don't have time to teach you the intricacies of football, routes, and schemes which is why I suggested you go back and watch. It's not 1 WR running a similar route. IT's the entire the scheme. Plus, even Bama's routes were much better because they were developed. 

Fair enough, I do wish Schwartz had a few more touches and looks in the passing game, he was such a blazer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Oh my...

I told you we needed a shaking my head reaction that we can just click on instead of wasting energy typing responses.😁

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1