perfect play for the 3 & 1 with 2:00 in the Iron Bowl

Eisenhower_1952

21 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

You know Harsin wasn’t calling the play because only one play would have been called…. The Statue of Liberty 

soon-cat.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, USATiger said:

Let’s see: bama down 10, and backed up to goal line, as Siposs had done all game.  Now they have roughly 7 minutes to score twice.  Instead, again due to very poor play-calling, bama has 11 minutes and good field position.  

This is just one instance of mis-management and head-scratching decisions throughout.  We had great field position most of the day, better than could’ve been expected.  Got nothing out of most of those drives, many ending without a fight.  

First of all Siposs isn’t even on the team.   

second, Auburn was up 10-0 with 11 minutes.   If auburn would have run three plays, punted, and Alabama gets the ball back and scores.   Chances are that Auburn is going to run three more plays and punt again giving them the ball back again.    The interception was a good play that was poorly executed.  Throw was a little high and hot for the distance.   Receiver didn’t catch it even when it him in the hands.   You and others might not be ok with the play call but I was ok with it.   Auburn had a chance to put a drive together that would have more than likely sealed the game.   Auburn was trying to win the game against the 3rd ranked team when everyone thought they would not even be competitive.   

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It was absolutely a bad play. He made a huge mistake. But him staying in bounds doesn't guarantee us the win and I think you'll find life easier on this website if you channel the criticisms more constructively.

(Honestly just trying to offer advice- as it appears you're new here- in a friendly way and not in a patronizing or condescending way. I hate talking explicitly about board rules and such.)

No worries I appreciate the advice. I’m thrilled Tank is coming back. It would be nice if we could get some OL to open up some holes for him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

No worries I appreciate the advice. I’m thrilled Tank is coming back. It would be nice if we could get some OL to open up some holes for him. 

Your lips to God's ears

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

First of all Siposs isn’t even on the team.   

second, Auburn was up 10-0 with 11 minutes.   If auburn would have run three plays, punted, and Alabama gets the ball back and scores.   Chances are that Auburn is going to run three more plays and punt again giving them the ball back again.    The interception was a good play that was poorly executed.  Throw was a little high and hot for the distance.   Receiver didn’t catch it even when it him in the hands.   You and others might not be ok with the play call but I was ok with it.   Auburn had a chance to put a drive together that would have more than likely sealed the game.   Auburn was trying to win the game against the 3rd ranked team when everyone thought they would not even be competitive.   

Sorry considering how the game had played out there was no reason to attempt that pass.  Run the clock.  Bama wasn’t going to use their timeouts then. You are correct there was 11 minutes left, we agree on that, but the fact is, we could’ve burned at least 2+ minutes off the clock.  Bama would’ve been having to drive the length of the field down 10 with 8 or less minutes left.  Just doesn’t make any sense with the way the defense was playing.  

The defense was playing lights out.  It’s the 4th quarter of a physical ball game that your defense is winning for you.  They could use a few minutes to get their wind and refresh.  Just another reason not to give take a chance there, and yes throwing a forward pass at all is was a risk that game.  Spin it however you’d like.  This wasn’t on Tank.  

29 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Sorry considering how the game had played out there was no reason to attempt that pass.  Run the clock.  Bama wasn’t going to use their timeouts then. You are correct there was 11 minutes left, we agree on that, but the fact is, we could’ve burned at least 2+ minutes off the clock.  Bama would’ve been having to drive the length of the field down 10 with 8 or less minutes left.  Just doesn’t make any sense with the way the defense was playing.  

The defense was playing lights out.  It’s the 4th quarter of a physical ball game that your defense is winning for you.  They could use a few minutes to get their wind and refresh.  Just another reason not to give take a chance there, and yes throwing a forward pass at all is was a risk that game.  Spin it however you’d like.  This wasn’t on Tank.  

I’m not spinning it.  I’m giving my opinion on how I saw the game.     Where did I say anything about Tank?   But since you did, his play was just as pivotal as you say that more time should have been run off the clock earlier.   You think that throwing a high percentage pass was bad, but I and many other people think him going out of bounds was a bad play.