Harsin calling plays, more fast tempo

AU-24

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

I wonder who made the decision not to go for 2 - and the win - after our first overtime touchdown, Harsin or Bobo? 

Why would we prefer to get into a long overtime shootout with a gassed defense against a team with far more depth? And apparently we had the perfect 2 point play in our bag, since we ran it successfully in the 3rd overtime.

Course, this is all hindsight, but that seems like situation in which Harsin should have intervened (assuming he didn't agree).  IMO, we should have gone for the win asap given the opportunity.

We should have won that game.

I agree with a lot of what you say but I personally get the decision to let the defense make the stop because they were absolutely lights out on point all of the game till the final drive. I never once thought we should have gone for 2 but apparently a lot of folks did. Also the offense couldn't get half a yard the entire game it seemed like. 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

On 12/24/2021 at 2:20 AM, slyinsocal said:

The bigger playbook (Harsin) > the smaller playbook (somebody else we know)....

Yes, the bigger playbook is 0-5. The bigger playbook also recruited one O-linemen this class.

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, the bigger playbook is 0-5. The bigger playbook also recruited one O-linemen this class.

No disagreement. But that’s not the only area. This team played an entire season thin on depth. Everywhere but TE it seems. Some of the areas that could be addressed in the portal, were. Some couldn’t.

19 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I will say I share your O-lineman recruiting concerns. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

No disagreement. But that’s not the only area. This team played an entire season thin on depth. Everywhere but TE it seems. Some of the areas that could be addressed in the portal, were. Some couldn’t.

Not trying to be argumentative in anyway, but this team had the talent and depth, to beat Arkansas, Alabama, Ole Miss, Penn State etc. etc. It was his first year, but there were some terrible coaching decisions and calls made throughout the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1