Nix Going to Oregon

Proud Tiger

14 hours ago, gr82be said:

Auburn has every bit as much chance of playing in the BCS as Oregon next year. 

:poke:

Not sure how you conclude that, but I hope.

Out west QB's are expected to be QB's and carry a team. It's more pro like. Nobody will tolerate the ol this guy isn't good and that guy isn't good and that's why I can't be any good

57 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Oregon strikes me a weird. Pat Nix is obviously very close to Bo's college career. He moved from Pinson Valley down to Phenix City in Bo's second year to be closer to Auburn. Caleb Nix has completed his high school career, but only has offers from schools in the south and east, far from Oregon.

There is still a rumor out there that Pat NIx will be hired by Troy to be their OC, and Caleb will commit to Troy. But that means Pat is working on Saturdays and cannot attend Bo's games. But he can't do it from Phenix City either.

I can't see Pat Nix looking for a HS coaching job for one year in the Pacific Northwest if Bo is a one-and-done.

Given Pat Nix's "list of concerns" he brought to Harsin on multiple occasions, and the fact Bo went into the portal with a "Do Not Contact" tag, suggesting he would be the one reaching out to prospective coaches, I simply cannot believe this was exclusively Bo's decision. But who knows, perhaps the plan was for Pat to help Bo pick the best school, the be hands-off this year.

The point is that you don't know and can only make presumptions.  For all we know, Nix had valid concerns that should be addressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The point is that you don't know and can only make presumptions.  For all we know, Nix had valid concerns that should be addressed.

"IF" Pat went to our new HC with his list of concerns and did it on multiple occasions this season, it's no wonder Bo went to the portal.  Valid concerns or not I just don't see what the Nix's felt was so important that they went to BH on multiple occasions?

It's unheard of to be a 3 yr starter at Auburn as a legacy player, and then choose to transfer elsewhere as a graduate.  Bo grew up an Auburn fan, his dad played and started at Auburn and both left it all on the field for Auburn.  This was Pat & Bo's dream for the kid's whole life.  Than he transfers?  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nurbis said:

He wasn't kicked off the team, he chose to leave Auburn. The guy is a 3 year starter and bailed when he was told he would have to compete for the starting job. So he either isn't confident in his ability or he is arrogant enough to think the spot should just be granted to him. Based on that video he put out, the answer is obvious to me. If we are worse off next year at QB then so be it, I am fine with our parting of ways. 

If he stayed, he’d start. As hot and cold as Bo was, he was significantly better than his back up. Everything I’ve heard suggests that he completely lost confidence in the coaching staff. If you listen to the comments he made in that video, it seemed like he felt his best chance to make it to the next level was to go somewhere else. That connects with other reports of a meeting between him and Harsin about the future of the program not going well. 

I thought the demeanor on the sidelines with the team was never that of a leader.  The team did not rally around him.  I just think he had a leadership problem. Does not make for a great QB regardless of talent 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

I think the connection is Dillingham. Some FSU guys thought they were getting Bo until Dilly got hired at Oregon, then Bo announces Oregon. Oregon has a 5* freshman qb, but evidently he's not ready.

What's strange is Lanning wanting Bo after man handling 3 years straight at UGA.

I can see why a new coach might be interested in a transfer with 3 years of SEC starting experience, especially if the new OC is the one pitching him.  Unless the freshman is just that good, no one wants to have to rely on a freshman QB being ready to start.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Not sure how you conclude that, but I hope.

BCS no longer exists. It was a joke. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

BCS no longer exists. It was a joke. 

I thought the BCS was OK. It just didn't extend the number of teams far enough. It could have been used to set up a playoff. There can be too much subjectivity in what's in the CFP team playoff now. Although they came out the same this yr.   image.png

1 hour ago, Aucater said:

I thought the BCS was OK. It just didn't extend the number of teams far enough. It could have been used to set up a playoff. There can be too much subjectivity in what's in the CFP team playoff now. Although they came out the same this yr.   image.png 

My bad on clarifying. I liked the BCS. My comment was the joke I was referring to. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JerryAU said:

"IF" Pat went to our new HC with his list of concerns and did it on multiple occasions this season, it's no wonder Bo went to the portal.  Valid concerns or not I just don't see what the Nix's felt was so important that they went to BH on multiple occasions?

Why would ANY college head coach, let alone one who has won everywhere he's been and who gets paid North of $5 million a year, take advice from ANY player's father? Especially when said father just so happens to also coach high school football and played QB at Auburn 30 years ago. Conflict of interest much?

It's unheard of to be a 3 yr starter at Auburn as a legacy player, and then choose to transfer elsewhere as a graduate.  Bo grew up an Auburn fan, his dad played and started at Auburn and both left it all on the field for Auburn.  This was Pat & Bo's dream for the kid's whole life.  Than he transfers?  

The transfer portal is less than 1 recruiting cycle old. "Unheard of" and all of the other stuff you said is hyperbole. 

• Like 1

I don't know where "multiple occasions" came from.  That doesn't really make sense, given that Harsin reached out to Pat after Bo was benched.  That was confirmed by Bobo.  Bobo himself tracked Pat down after a high school game to discuss Bo on another occasion.  You don't reach out or track down someone that is coming to you often.

Bo is now headed to Oregon.  I have no doubt that is a better situation than the one he left at Auburn.  He has every right in the world to pursue his dreams.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, au302 said:

Hank Bachmeier. Harsin's starting QB at Boise. He's not in the portal or anything, but he's a guy that I and a few others have said we wouldn't mind seeing come down considering how well he did with Harsin. 

Thanks for the info.  I saw Emory Jones mentioned in an article but I don't know if that would be a good fit or not. Of course what would be our best option with the remaining QB's in the portal?  Or is there one that has not entered yet.  That has been mentioned also. 🤔

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I don't know where "multiple occasions" came from.  That doesn't really make sense, given that Harsin reached out to Pat after Bo was benched.  That was confirmed by Bobo.  Bobo himself tracked Pat down after a high school game to discuss Bo on another occasion.  You don't reach out or track down someone that is coming to you often.

Bo is now headed to Oregon.  I have no doubt that is a better situation than the one he left at Auburn.  He has every right in the world to pursue his dreams.

He does have every right..........whether he left because of the fan base or because his dad was never given an oppurtunity to persue his dream of coaching at Auburn they're gone.

I was a fan before Pat and Bo and will continue to be until my final days.

Just wish his exit speech had been a little more sincere...........now flame or hate away.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Just message board crap someone started and the gullible got in line.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JerryAU said:

I can promise you Pat and Bo went to Harsin wanting/demanding a guarantee of being name first team  for spring practice. He said no....Harsin don't play games

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I can promise you Pat and Bo went to Harsin wanting/demanding a guarantee of being the name first team  for spring practice. He said no....Harsin don't play games

Not saying they didn't but curious how you know that to be truth. It just doesn't make sense to me they would demand something like that when both know better and since Bo was almost 100% the starter for next season barring some new development during Spring training,

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Not saying they didn't but curious how you know that to be truth. It just doesn't make sense to me they would demand something like that when both know better and since Bo was almost 100% the starter for next season barring some new development during Spring training,

If you know me I don't say things unless I am 100% sure. You need to think how Bo/Pat feels after this year being benched.  Harsin is not Gus I don't blame Bo or Pat but it was not smart on their part. 

Also heard Bo/Pat wanted to get out of the south all together. Really think its the best for everyone.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Dude, you've been around long enough that golf doesn't make pronouncements like that without being grounded in fact.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

If you know me I don't say things unless I am 100% sure. You need to think how Bo/Pat feels after this year being benched.  Harsin is not Gus I don't blame Bo or Pat but it was not smart on their part. 

Also heard Bo/Pat wanted to get out of the south all together. Really think its the best for everyone.

I understand and appreciate your usual reliability. But this has been the subject of so much speculation that I called a very long time friend in the AD today to ask him about it. He said Pat or Bo making demands was not true  since both know better. He said Pat and Bo did discuss things about Bo's future re. possible NFL and all agreed it might be easier for Bo at another school given the near term outlook for AU under a new OC. He said the departure was friendly and professional and all parties would be pulling for the other next season. So they did meet but the demeanor of the conversation is all that is in discussion. The bottomline is Bo is gone so it really doesn't matter anymore and everyone can, and will, choose to believe whatever they want.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

Thanks for the info.  I saw Emory Jones mentioned in an article but I don't know if that would be a good fit or not. Of course what would be our best option with the remaining QB's in the portal?  Or is there one that has not entered yet.  That has been mentioned also. 🤔

I wish I had more knowledge on the subject. For me personally, McCall, Vandagriff, and possibly Bachmeier seem like guys not in the portal that I'd hope Harsin reaches out to.

In the portal, Cam Ward, Jack Miller, and Harrison Bailey seem like high upside guys that would fit Harsin's offense. It's been very quiet. Knowing Harsin, it will be some guy we'd never think of

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, au302 said:

I wish I had more knowledge on the subject. For me personally, McCall, Vandagriff, and possibly Bachmeier seem like guys not in the portal that I'd hope Harsin reaches out to.

In the portal, Cam Ward, Jack Miller, and Harrison Bailey seem like high upside guys that would fit Harsin's offense. It's been very quiet. Knowing Harsin, it will be some guy we'd never think of

Do you think they have a deadline to have a transfer portal QB?  Seems you would want someone prior to next semester starting so they can go through spring training to learn the offense and get as much time as possible with new OC/QB coach.