NIL-Auburn

ValleyTiger

For those that haven't heard....

Rick has the website up already, but it's more of a place holder until the platform rolls out on January 1st. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

For those that haven't heard....

Rick has the website up already, but it's more of a place holder until the platform rolls out on January 1st. 

I'm glad someone is doing something, but maybe I don't get this platform. Feels like it'll drive some money to kids but it's going to be miniscule vs places like Texas dropping 50k and OL.

Feels like it is crowdfunding small donations vs huge $$ commitments.

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm glad someone is doing something, but maybe I don't get this platform. Feels like it'll drive some money to kids but it's going to be miniscule vs places like Texas dropping 50k and OL.

Am I missing something?

1. This is only one possible source of $. It doesn't have to be the only one.

2. Anybody who contributes to support or belong to a message board can surely support this with a few bucks😀

49 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

. This is only one possible source of $. It doesn't have to be the only one

Right. But this seems like the only one.

49 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Anybody who contributes to support or belong to a message board can surely support this with a few bucks

This is actually what it felt like. $10 a month type rivals/247 board with player interaction. Or OnlyFans

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Am I missing something?

We're actually out front of other programs on this. Nothing says the larger commitments can't be funneled thru this company or otherwise.

• Like 1

We are actually behind some schools on this NIL. Texas is giving O-Lineman $50,000 a year to come there and its through the Pancake Factory (may be off on the exact name but its Pancake something). Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Texas A&M and many others got way out in front of this NIL thing and as you can see with Texas A&M's current recruiting class, it paid off. Jimbo doesn't sniff a class that great without the NIL. He signed the #1 and #4 overall players in the 2022 class. He also signed 8 kids that are in the ESPN Top 300. Auburn's top recruit is Rhym at #176. Last I looked Bama and Georgia had like 5 or 6 each in the top 50. Jimbo also picked up Max Johnson from LSU in the portal. That A&M class is loaded with O-Linemen and D-Linemen. I read where Jimbo's class will break a few recruiting records if they all sign in Feburary. 

• Sad 1

We are actually behind some schools on this NIL. Texas is giving O-Lineman $50,000 a year to come there and its through the Pancake Factory (may be off on the exact name but its Pancake something). Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Texas A&M and many others got way out in front of this NIL thing and as you can see with Texas A&M's current recruiting class, it paid off. Jimbo doesn't sniff a class that great without the NIL. He signed the #1 and #4 overall players in the 2022 class. He also signed 8 kids that are in the ESPN Top 50. Auburn's top recruit is Rhym at #176. Last I looked Bama and Georgia had like 5 or 6 each in the top 50. Jimbo also picked up QB Max Johnson from LSU in the portal. That A&M class is loaded with O-Linemen and D-Linemen. I read where Jimbo's class will break a few recruiting records if they all sign in Feburary. 

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

We are actually behind some schools on this NIL. Texas is giving O-Lineman $50,000 a year to come there and its through the Pancake Factory (may be off on the exact name but its Pancake something). Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Texas A&M and many others got way out in front of this NIL thing and as you can see with Texas A&M's current recruiting class, it paid off. Jimbo doesn't sniff a class that great without the NIL. He signed the #1 and #4 overall players in the 2022 class. He also signed 8 kids that are in the ESPN Top 300. Auburn's top recruit is Rhym at #176. Last I looked Bama and Georgia had like 5 or 6 each in the top 50. Jimbo also picked up Max Johnson from LSU in the portal. That A&M class is loaded with O-Linemen and D-Linemen. I read where Jimbo's class will break a few recruiting records if they all sign in Feburary. 

Just for context, how long have those coaches been at their respective institutions?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just for context, how long have those coaches been at their respective institutions?

Cristobal just got to Miami. Also, Jimbo didn't pull this kinda class EVER at A&M and it's obvious he did this year because of deep pockets in Texas. His class this year is an all-timer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ValleyTiger said:

We're actually out front of other programs on this. Nothing says the larger commitments can't be funneled thru this company or otherwise.

Not really, we are actually behind. Arkansas athletes have already signed 300 NIL deals. NC State and UVA managed to sign a number of 5star athletes (Basketball, Swimming) based on their NIL programs. Washington’s NIL program is backed by Costco, Amazon, and Alaska Airlines.

Feels like we should get Sarah McLachlan to write us a song and ask for donations on tv. “With your 10 dollar a month donation you can help sponsor an Auburn Offensive Lineman in need”

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

Not really, we are actually behind. Arkansas athletes have already signed 300 NIL deals. NC State and UVA managed to sign a number of 5star athletes (Basketball, Swimming) based on their NIL programs. Washington’s NIL program is backed by Costco, Amazon, and Alaska Airlines.

Some of you aren't seeing the difference between these different NIL deals you're hearing about elsewhere and this one. 

I'm not here to argue. Just wanted to point out what has been in development to help AU.

7 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Some of you aren't seeing the difference between these different NIL deals you're hearing about elsewhere and this one. 

I'm not here to argue. Just wanted to point out what has been in development to help AU.

FSU basically has the same program in place now.

Anyways, our program won't help with recruiting the top recruits much. It only helps to keep current players happy or luring some 3stars. The top recruits basically get guaranteed $ financed by businesses. I keep hearing Michigan landed Clemons and other players (UM flipped a WR committed to ND on signing day) because of a NIL deal (Tom Brady's company is behind it). UM can basically tell Clemons and others that Tom Brady deals guarantee x $ to signees while with our program we only have the technology in place but no deals (unless we have businesses involved guaranteeing $ to signees).

Edited by AUreo

So, what’s holding us back? Per Rant, this actually did help us—its supposedly a reason we finished as strong as we did. I never expected to have an A&M level class this year. Though next year my expectations are a bit higher.

Edited by AUwent

NIL is shrinking the pond considerably and I'm not sure Auburn is in it. 

Right or wrong, this thing is going to be the most dramatic change to college football possibly in its history. It certainly will be better for some players, but a lot of fans will hate it soon enough. 

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Am I missing something?

Just doing some quick math, if 40,000 fans give $100 each to a general football NIL subscription each player (85 scholarships) would receive @ $47k each.

Note: The $47k is pre-tax.

Edited by creed
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Website is up and subs are beginning.

NIL Auburn

I'm here to tell you that this 100% played a part in retaining guys like Wooden, Hall, JSS, and Tank. 

Here's the list of Auburn athletes that are currently signed to the company:

Allen Flanigan
Anders Carlson
Austin Troxell
Ben Bosse
Blake Burkhalter
Blake Rambusch
Brayton Brown
Brody Moore
Brooks Fuller
Cam Hill
Carson Skipper
Carson Swiling
Chris Moore
Colby Wooden
Cole Foster
Dematrius Davis
Derick Hall
Derrian Gobourne
Devan Cambridge
Dylan Cardwell
Garett Farquhar
Hayden Mullins
Jake Wyand
Jaylin Williams
John Samuel Shenker
Joseph Gonzalez
Josh Hall
K.D. Johnson
Kason Howell
Keiondre Jones
Landen King
Luke Deal
Mason Barnett
Mason Land
Mike Bello
Morgan Leigh-Oldham
Nate LaRue
Owen Pappoe
Ryan Dyal
Shedrick Jackson
Sonny DiChiara
Tank Bigsby
Tommy Sheehan
Trace Bright
Wendell Green, Jr.
Zep Jasper

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

NIL Auburn

I'm here to tell you that this 100% played a part in retaining guys like Wooden, Hall, JSS, and Tank. 

Allen Flanigan
Anders Carlson
Austin Troxell
Ben Bosse
Blake Burkhalter
Blake Rambusch
Brayton Brown
Brody Moore
Brooks Fuller
Cam Hill
Carson Skipper
Carson Swiling
Chris Moore
Colby Wooden
Cole Foster
Dematrius Davis
Derick Hall
Derrian Gobourne
Devan Cambridge
Dylan Cardwell
Garett Farquhar
Hayden Mullins
Jake Wyand
Jaylin Williams
John Samuel Shenker
Joseph Gonzalez
Josh Hall
K.D. Johnson
Kason Howell
Keiondre Jones
Landen King
Luke Deal
Mason Barnett
Mason Land
Mike Bello
Morgan Leigh-Oldham
Nate LaRue
Owen Pappoe
Ryan Dyal
Shedrick Jackson
Sonny DiChiara
Tank Bigsby
Tommy Sheehan
Trace Bright
Wendell Green, Jr.
Zep Jasper

55B03773-CEFB-4A1A-86C8-A01C161EDDF8.gif

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

NIL Auburn

Allen Flanigan
Anders Carlson
Austin Troxell
Ben Bosse
Blake Burkhalter
Blake Rambusch
Brayton Brown
Brody Moore
Brooks Fuller
Cam Hill
Carson Skipper
Carson Swiling
Chris Moore
Colby Wooden
Cole Foster
Dematrius Davis
Derick Hall
Derrian Gobourne
Devan Cambridge
Dylan Cardwell
Garett Farquhar
Hayden Mullins
Jake Wyand
Jaylin Williams
John Samuel Shenker
Joseph Gonzalez
Josh Hall
K.D. Johnson
Kason Howell
Keiondre Jones
Landen King
Luke Deal
Mason Barnett
Mason Land
Mike Bello
Morgan Leigh-Oldham
Nate LaRue
Owen Pappoe
Ryan Dyal
Shedrick Jackson
Sonny DiChiara
Tank Bigsby
Tommy Sheehan
Trace Bright
Wendell Green, Jr.
Zep Jasper

I'm so sad to see such a long list of fine young men and women headed down the path of destruction. Nothing but weed and rims from here on out. Goodbye to their educations and their futures. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm so sad to see such a long list of fine young men and women headed down the path of destruction. Nothing but weed and rims from here on out. Goodbye to their educations and their futures. 

/s

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

IYKYK

I try not to amplify idiots here but sometimes I'm weak.

That approach would surely limit the number of posters you could respond to.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

How long before the first NIL athlete gets arrested for tax evasion?

Probably about the same timeframe for the general population entering workforce for first time.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1