Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

31 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Just wondering if things like this will end up being short sighted. It’s a lot of money but if playing there hurts his future chances at all in the NFL (would only apply to the top percentage but still)since he would not exactly be playing against top talent.

It's not like that. More and more small school dudes are getting drafted early. Half the top QBs taken in the draft the last few years have come from tiny programs. Also, Roc Thomas made it to the NFL playing there, and I'm not sure he was even a true every down RB1 there. 

If he puts up numbers and produces at the combine, he'll be just fine. 

Edit: Apologies, @BJCrawford, I got Jackson State confused with Jacksonville State. Roc Thomas didn't go to the school where Deion is coaching now. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BaldEagle said:

I hope so.  We are not really addressing the most important areas of need in this class.  If you are consistently out recruited for stud OL and interior DL, you can’t compete in the SEC.  Skill players are great but you have to get more than your fair share of the top-tier  talent in the trenches to be able to play with the big boys.  We have landed a few studs but not nearly enough over the past 6-7 years. 

You think our new coaches don’t know this? Askifor a friend!

• Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

It's not like that. More and more small school dudes are getting drafted early. Half the top QBs taken in the draft the last few years have come from tiny programs. Also, Roc Thomas made it to the NFL playing there, and I'm not sure he was even a true every down RB1 there. 

Roc was Jacksonville State, not Jackson State. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

You’ve been saying we’ve never been ranked this low this late in the year. Now You’re saying today was expected. If you expected this kind of ratings jump, why were you so pessimistic?

Logic.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

EXCELLENT job by the staff! Who else is on the table that we should be watching for besides Perry and Clemons? 

Potentially Citizen today.

M'ba announces Sunday

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I’m not so sure about that. He just did this to his alma mater…

What does that have to do with vetting the Barstool deal? FSU passed up Deion multiple times, why would he have loyalty ties to them? Dell McGee has taken tons of food off Auburn’s plate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep, bottom line is if he produces and has the measurables - speed, size etc - he will get there. NFL is huge on measurables. Always have been. There have been a large number of DBs come out of small schools and make it.

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yep, bottom line is if he produces and has the measurables - speed, size etc - he will get there. NFL is huge on measurables. Always have been. There have been a large number of DBs come out of small schools and make it.

Just look this year at Western Ky’s qb. He’s definitely getting a good draft day

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

WTH: MISSOURI is 13th?  

We are 12th and our top 3 rivals are 1, 2, & 3 

Very happy this staff has us at 12, but that is still very frustrating

Alabama and UGA are top 3 even when we were recruiting at a top 7 level. I don’t know why you’d spoil the joy of this class comparing it to the two best programs in the sport 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

48 minutes ago, Zeek said:

#1 Prospect in the country flipped from FSU to JSU...

Word is that Barstool gave him a $1.5 million deal to do so... wow

Ferrell_Buy_one.gif

5 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

When did A&M become a rival?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

EXCELLENT job by the staff! Who else is on the table that we should be watching for besides Perry and Clemons? 

Mba, Armella, Citizen, Farmer and Woody, although only Mba and Armella are expected to sign (or announce) today.  Mba will sign but wont be announced by the school he selects because he’s announcing in France on Friday.

• Like 1

Just now, dilligas said:

Mba, Armella, Citizen, Farmer and Woody, although only Mba and Armella are expected to sign (or announce) today.  Mba will sign but wont be announced by the school he selects because he’s announcing in France on Friday.

Armella is pushing until February now.  Likely going to Miami.

Farmer is a February guy too.

4 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

if you followed recruiting we were in the 30s before the week. huge day for auburn. its going to be a long time before auburn is top 3 unless we have deon has coach or something or Kirby and Saban retire. Also you do know A&M is not a rival!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

I wonder how it will take before his decision gets leaked? Surely someone on the losing side will be salty and play spoiler.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Anybody know why the delay on Tre Donaldson's papers?

Because he signed during BBall's signing day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Armella is pushing until February now.  Likely going to Miami.

Farmer is a February guy too.

He was just asking which recruits remain that are of interest to AU.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You've been missed

Got too negative for me and I’ve been fall bass fishing every day it’s decent. Thanks for all you do for this site.

• Like 1
  • Love 1