McShay has Malik Willis picked to go #17 in draft

Eagle Eye 7

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’m not sure Harsin is developing anyone either . I like to think back to days when Pat Dye could take a 2 star and make him an all SEC . Even Tubby could develop players, the last 3 coaches at AU just never showed me they have that ability. We complain about Saben getting all the talent but the truth is he develops that talent as well. His 3 stars become all Americans. If folks at AU think that all we need is about 20 5 stars to sign then I can assure you it won’t be in your life time. 

When Coach Dye was coaching, did the star rating system exist.   All I remember was "bluechip" and the "Forest Davis Recruiting Report."  (Knowing the name Forest Davis dates me!).  Anyone else remember those reports?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Do you have custom tweezers for your nitpicking or do you use regular ole store bought ones? 

No need to be hurt. He didn't perform poorly anywhere he went. If by flaming out you meant the most talented athlete in the program then ok I'm nitpicking a little 😂

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No need to be hurt. He didn't perform poorly anywhere he went. If by flaming out you meant the most talented athlete in the program then ok I'm nitpicking a little 😂

He didn't finish his career at either school for self-inflicted disciplinary reasons hence "flamed out". I don't think that particular word choice is all that controversial nor was it particularly vital to the point I was making. I was mainly using him as an example of someone who, despite their obvious talent, wound up at a "lesser school" and still went on to great things. While their reasons for leaving big time programs are different, there are some parallels between Randy Moss' story and Malik Willis'. 

I'm just glad Willis made his choice to move on and received top notch coaching & training from Freeze, resulting in an exceptional pre-draft grade.  Some big time schools like Auburn aren't ideal to bring out the best in an athlete, a place like Liberty with a coach like Freeze seems to be exactly what MW needed.  

• Like 2

• WarTiger changed the title to McShay has Malik Willis picked to go #17 in draft
On 12/14/2021 at 3:51 PM, JerryAU said:

I'm just glad Willis made his choice to move on and received top notch coaching & training from Freeze, resulting in an exceptional pre-draft grade.  Some big time schools like Auburn aren't ideal to bring out the best in an athlete, a place like Liberty with a coach like Freeze seems to be exactly what MW needed.  

It's not about the school, IMO. MW would've been a star at AU under competent offensive coaches. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's not about the school, IMO. MW would've been a star at AU under competent offensive coaches. 

I agree, but Auburn didn't have competent offensive coaching a the time.  MW made the absolute best decision for his football future, I believe he will do well in the pro's. 

27 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I agree, but Auburn didn't have competent offensive coaching a the time.  MW made the absolute best decision for his football future, I believe he will do well in the pro's. 

100% agree

On 12/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, tigeraddikt said:

I really believe so many AU fans need to take a bottle's worth of Gus Blow and just blow Gus's 8 years out our a$$es. Just one violent treatment on the metaphorical toilet of fandom and just purge all that nasty stuff out so we can move on.

Can you get that at the Gentral?

On 12/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, JerryAU said:

He balled out in the bowl game, I'm sure scouts took note. He will do well in the draft