If We Can Keep Tank

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

True, but not sure we would have been a 6-6 team without them.  Could have been worse. :dunno:

Sure, but premise of the OP was we’re a 6-6 team without any instant impact recruits in a thread about losing Bo and Tank lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't know about Barkley but you are dead wrong about Bo Jackson. if you ever get a chance to talk to him ask him to tell you about being offered $5 million to go pro after his junior year and turning it down because he felt obligated to Coach Dye to be there for his senior year.

Wow, $5M offer back in the 1980s, that would equal ... 

giphy.gif

$50000M today 😲

Edited by AUreo

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Sure, but premise of the OP was we’re a 6-6 team without any instant impact recruits in a thread about losing Bo and Tank lol

I don't understand the point you're making.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Now imagine next year without them and our defensive stars.

Too bad we don’t have to now, I’m sure you’re eaten up about it 

52 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I'm sorry Bo Nix and Tank Bigsby ain't Cam Newton and Nick Fairley. They aren't even Nick Marshall and Tre Mason. Hell they aren't even Stidham and Johnson.

Point is, we will be fine. Stop all the doom and gloomy.

I knew someone would take that too literally. It's a point about players that carry your team. You can't just lose them and expect to be okay. Especially with a team that isn't deep at all, is seriously lacking elite talent, and isn't bringing in elite talent to bolster is. 

TLDR - we're currently a small market baseball team with two all stars, who both might leave. We could be underwater for a few years if they do. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's just one year that wasn't going to be very good anyway. 

The future starts now. Onward. 

No doubt. Lots to be excited about. If Harsin closes on the trail like many are expecting him to, then it will only reinforce my confidence in him running this program. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Is AUght2win really in the instant gratification group though?  After years of waiting for some consistency with the previous regime I doubt many people expect an instant improvement with the new staff. 

Is it unreasonable to expect improvement on-the field as the season progressed?  Is it unreasonable as a fan to hope we can keep the core of the offense for retention of leadership and experience?  Is it unreasonable to expect solid recruiting from this staff at this point?  

These guys don't get it. I don't want instant gratification. I just want us to not fall off the cliff in the next couple years. I don't want us to have a Chizik situation. I just want us to keep a heartbeat going through next year and hopefully compete in '23.

These guys truly have no idea the precariousness of the position we are in within the SEC. Like I said, if we completely lose our footing as a program, it may take many years of irrelevance to climb back up.

It would undo all the incremental progress over the past 2 decades that elevated Auburn's program to higher expectations and more esteem. 

48 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

He’s good but running back is one of the easiest positions to recruit and fill. That’s why there are very few NFL teams that draft running backs early. Hunter, Goodwin, and who ever can most likely fill any void that’s left.  If he stays that’s great, if not, AUburn will be okay. 

Guys. Context is everything. 

Yeah, he'd be easy to replace on a team with depth and lots of talent. We don't have that. We have very, very, very few weapons offensively especially in the wake of Bo leaving. 

Getting Tank to stay is HUGE. 

• Like 2

Of course we want him back, but he's gotta be bought in. Locker room and culture really is first priority to a winning culture. Tank has always seemed bought in with his work ethic and play. As long as he wants to be here let's roll

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Guys. Context is everything. 

Yeah, he'd be easy to replace on a team with depth and lots of talent. We don't have that. We have very, very, very few weapons offensively especially in the wake of Bo leaving. 

Getting Tank to stay is HUGE. 

Yes, it is huge. The kid rushed for 1k yards behind an O-line everyone used to excuse Bo’s poor performances. Let’s not forget that part. The. Kid. Hit. 1k. Yards. He’s a great back.

I imagine the meeting with Harsin went something like this:

Tank: “Harsin, I’m still pissed about that 4th and 2. Let me eat in a game when I’m pissed, or I’m gonna find a team that will.”

Harsin: “I know. I know. That was Bobo, and he’s gone now. You’re gonna eat, kid. You’re gonna eat.”

Tank: “Let’s go!”

• Like 6

It was rumored here and other sites waaaaay before it was fact. There was a time when Auburn fans rooted for Auburn and Alabama fans rooted for football. Guess I just dated myself......

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I wonder if Tank got Bo’s Milo’s deal??? Works better anyway.  “Put some Milo’s in your Tank.” 😂

You've been throwing some real zingers lately 😆 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

You've been throwing some real zingers lately 😆 

😂😂😂 It’s better to laugh than to cry.  What’s going on at Auburn now is just ridiculous.  Gonna have to just wait and see how it all pans out.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't know about Barkley but you are dead wrong about Bo Jackson. if you ever get a chance to talk to him ask him to tell you about being offered $5 million to go pro after his junior year and turning it down because he felt obligated to Coach Dye to be there for his senior year.

Well, I know this will be tough on you but Bo is either a compulsive liar embellishing his struggles or he is keeping secrets you.  Dude Bo said this very thing in the ESPN doc.  Hell I’ve heard him talk about packing up and leaving at night because he was tired of Casey and Crowe riding his ass all the time. I’m sorry you had to find out this way.  

Bo did seriously consider leaving…..as a freshman. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

You know its sad to say but I just do not see this type of integrity and loyalty in todays world. Its an all about me world now and how do i get over. I was reading another post about Bo being born with blue and orange blood. He could whizz blue and orange and its still about him. But loyalty sometimes gets you no where. God forbid Bo Jackson would have had that career ending injury in his senior year and he would not even be a topic for discussion right now. The world has seriously changed. A look in the eye and a firm handshake is almost a thing of the past. Sux.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Bo did seriously consider leaving…..as a freshman. 

😂😂😂😂

so now it’s assumed he is leaving to go play for that same coach?  Hilarious. How in the world did he graduate in 3 years?  (Better yet…don’t answer that question 😳)

Guest MustardSeed
7 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

You know its sad to say but I just do not see this type of integrity and loyalty in todays world. Its an all about me world now and how do i get over. I was reading another post about Bo being born with blue and orange blood. He could whizz blue and orange and its still about him. But loyalty sometimes gets you no where. God forbid Bo Jackson would have had that career ending injury in his senior year and he would not even be a topic for discussion right now. The world has seriously changed. A look in the eye and a firm handshake is almost a thing of the past. Sux.

Well said. We no longer raise men. We’ve let society do it for us. My generation was the first that received cable tv and video games and too many rode their childhood into their 40s and raised kids while never having grown up themselves.  I could go deep into all the things the Lord has been showing me about this…including in myself…and how to begin fixing it but it’s not the right place for it. But it starts with true fathers and true community intertwined. 

8 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

😂😂😂😂

so now it’s assumed he is leaving to go play for that same coach?  Hilarious. How in the world did he graduate in 3 years?  (Better yet…don’t answer that question 😳)

He was talking about Bo Jackson. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1