As of 12-12-21

Taco

28 minutes ago, selias said:

Remind me again, what was Coach Double Bubble's record against our rivals over his tenure at Auburn?

Both you and the OP really should post less.

I know the past was better than where we are at today and appears better than the immediate future in front of us but you're going to have to stop living from that perspective. The hour is quickly approaching where blaming Ole double bubble for our current woes will no longer be of relevance.

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Nobody is advocating for a change. This isn’t about patience, as that’s our only option. We just have our eyes opened to the likelihood that things aren’t really going in a good direction.

When Saban lost to ULM, he had a National championship at LSU to trust and a record of great recruiting and team-building. Nobody—but nobody—questioned the direction of his program. What exactly do we see from CBH that gives us that security?

I promise, I’m not trying to be negative,  but I guess I’m trying to defend/explain the position of folks like me who are watching the gates burn and disappointed. We aren’t some insatiable, lunatic fringe of Auburn fans. 

I dunno. Whatever. War Eagle. Hope for the best. Hope I’m wrong. 

Yeah I completely agree with this assessment. No one wants to make a change after a year, but there's reason for concern and not a staunch amount of evidence to point to the contrary. This is a forum for discussion and that's what many of us are doing here is discussing the concerns that have arisen over the Harsin tenure to date. 

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Nobody is advocating for a change. This isn’t about patience, as that’s our only option. We just have our eyes opened to the likelihood that things aren’t really going in a good direction.

When Saban lost to ULM, he had a National championship at LSU to trust and a record of great recruiting and team-building. Nobody—but nobody—questioned the direction of his program. What exactly do we see from CBH that gives us that security?

I promise, I’m not trying to be negative,  but I guess I’m trying to defend/explain the position of folks like me who are watching the gates burn and disappointed. We aren’t some insatiable, lunatic fringe of Auburn fans. 

I dunno. Whatever. War Eagle. Hope for the best. Hope I’m wrong. 

Well stated.   There are several things about CBH I like.  I do think he knows how to build a program.   I also believe it’s not going to work out at AU.   I, too, hope I’m wrong.  Recruiting classes of 22 and 23 will go a long way in letting us know if the CBH experiment is a failure or if we have a chance at success.  Either way, War Eagle!

5 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

Yeah I completely agree with this assessment. No one wants to make a change after a year, but there's reason for concern and not a staunch amount of evidence to point to the contrary. This is a forum for discussion and that's what many of us are doing here is discussing the concerns that have arisen over the Harsin tenure to date. 

And I wouldn’t put people who thinks like this asGus Apologists. Think most of us as a fan base knew it was time to move on from Gus.

For me at least, I don’t want Auburn to crash and burn or for CBH to fail. Just not a lot to see for the eyes to love what’s going on right now. But I’ll just limit my posting and just go back to lurking 🤗

• Like 1

1 hour ago, selias said:

Remind me again, what was Coach Double Bubble's record against our rivals over his tenure at Auburn?

For the sake of discussion based off year one. One is  1-3 and the other was 3-1. To be continued.

Our starting QB that grew up an Auburn fan, was a legacy, and loves Auburn is leaving. Our starting running back, who might be the best in the SEC is leaving. If you think this is “part of the plan,” you need a reality check. Harsin may turn it around, but things are looking really bad right now.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 4
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, selias said:

Okay, I laughed entirely too hard at Coach Double Bubble! LOL.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

People get ready

There's a train a comin' 

You don't need no baggage

You just get on board

All you need is faith

To hear the diesel's hummin'

You don't need no ticket

You just thank the lord

Can I get a Amen!!!!!!!

Damn I hate to agree with the yellow one... but

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Literally not one single person that wanted Gus gone will ever come out and say they wished he’d come back so I wish people would stop being so doom and gloom in order to push that rhetoric.

Y’all gave Gus a mile but Harsin doesn’t get an inch. Admittedly dude made some questionable calls and hasn’t been up to par in recruiting the O-Line but were y’all Auburn fans the past 8 years or nah?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Taco said:

And I wouldn’t put people who thinks like this asGus Apologists. Think most of us as a fan base knew it was time to move on from Gus.

For me at least, I don’t want Auburn to crash and burn or for CBH to fail. Just not a lot to see for the eyes to love what’s going on right now. But I’ll just limit my posting and just go back to lurking 🤗

Gus ApologistsTM

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Harsin is our 5th since Dye. Bingo!

What does that have to do with anything? We've been lucky. Very lucky. Since Dye, Bowden was 47-17-1. Tuberville was here for 10 seasons. Chizik won a national championship and Gus never had a losing season in 8 years.

Look at what's happened at Florida, Tennessee, A&M and even bammer between Stallings and Saban. Those situations are the norm.

16 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Our starting QB that grew up an Auburn fan, was a legacy, and loves Auburn is leaving. Our starting running back, who might be the best in the SEC is leaving. If you think this is “part of the plan,” you need a reality check. Harsin may turn it around, but things are looking really bad right now.

All we have is speculation on why Bo is leaving.  

Not given guarantees or promises?  Seems petulant.  Thinks there’s a better training option on the other side of the fence?  Without having a OC/QB coach in hand seems impatient.  (Either way he’ll have a new OC/QB coach).  Wants a better line/teammates?  Doesn’t speak much toward “team” - has he busted his a$$ recruiting as a player - encouraging others he’d want to join him? Dunno the answer, but good to see it out of some of our current recruits.

Loving Auburn doesn’t guarantee a starting position or having your every concern met. But grinding with Auburn working to make it better earns one forever respect.

……or maybe Harsin told Bo that Davis and Gernier are both better and would likely beat him out next year.

We don’t know.

10 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Literally not one single person that wanted Gus gone will ever come out and say they wished he’d come back so I wish people would stop being so doom and gloom in order to push that rhetoric.

Y’all gave Gus a mile but Harsin doesn’t get an inch. Admittedly dude made some questionable calls and hasn’t been up to par in recruiting the O-Line but were y’all Auburn fans the past 8 years or nah?

And folks forget……and Gus didn’t make some questionable calls as well..? 

18 hours ago, VAtiger12 said:

So what was expected? That he should have benched Bo and started TJ? He played the best option he had and as soon as possible is working to get a better option on board. Seems to me that he is doing exactly as he should.

17 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

"and loves Auburn is leaving."   Devil's advocate.   How can you disprove what someone SAYS about their feelings?  I'm not sure of the answer, but IMO actions speak louder than words.    Leaders don't quit because the task becomes difficult.   A brother doesn't walk out on a brother.   A real man doesn't separate from the wife he loves.   Maybe it is as simple as Bo does love Auburn, but Bo loves Bo more.     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Allen_D said:

And folks forget……and Gus didn’t make some questionable calls as well..? 

Right. Anyone remember Chandler Cox throwing a 50/50 ball to Will Hastings in the Iron Bowl? That is literally the DUMBEST thing I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

What happens when we surprise people tomorrow on ESD? Tank is staying. Things look unfavorably on the Nix side of things.

Will people feel better about Harsin? 

I think yesterday could've been a watershed moment on finally leaving behind the past and what Harsin inherited and moving forward.

Tomorrow should be a big day. The hay is in the barn. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

If you think a couple entitled, coddled players are bigger than the coach's plan, then you will be overjoyed to receive all that pretty gold Knights gear you presumably have on your Christmas list. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

AND, CBH fired the one responsible for the "questionable calls" immediately! So he's being accountable for that and taking appropriate action. Everyone says the O-Line recruiting hasn't been up to par, but we haven't even made it to EARLY signing day!!

Maybe we should wait until after Feb 2nd, 2022 to evaluate the O-Line recruiting!! Patients grasshopper!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Remain calm at all times. (Said through a megaphone)