Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

I understand some are saying that Coach Dye didn’t start well but when each coach comes in situations are different. U didn’t have the same teams in the conference and additions that are about to be made. There was no NIL, early signing day or portal. Something has to pick up sooner rather than later

Then research more recent cases where programs are changing coaches and rebuilding. LSU, TCU, Florida, Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, they all have and will continue to have roster turnover as an aftereffect. It sucks and it is frustrating but it is part of any rebuild. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Hunter wasn’t really effective as the season progressed.

One of the biggest things that worry my, ppl are remembering the 1st few games vs non-SEC teams and 1 play vs PSU.  Starting with Ark he got worked repeatedly running in SEC defenses.  He was blown up a lot.  He'll get bigger and stronger, but I'm not sure he can be "our guy" by himself next year.  Need a back from the portal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

2023 recruiting is looking very strong so far.  6-6 means nothing on that front.  Texas hasn't won **** in years and is showing you can recruit just fine.

I just checked hoping for morsel of positivity and couldn't find us in the top 50 because we are not in the top 50 but whatever that's a ways off.. Just saying.

Texas also had a great nil approach.. So far our approach is to take money from fans for autographs, social media shout outs and the ability to leave certain players voice or written messages (I think).. We have to do better

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s no a fair assessment. Tank had double the attempts running a porous oline and bad play calling. Hunter wasn’t really effective as the season progressed.

The point wasn’t a comparison between 2 backs. It was that the O Line wasn’t as bad as people make it out to be. Here are the actual numbers. Auburn’s O Line statistically ranks ahead of Alabama’s in 5 of 9 categories. Now there are other factors but this gives a better indicator than a fan’s perspective IMO

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overallol/2021

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Let me ask you this.  Lets say we signed 5 blue chip HS O linemen right now.  Does Tank or Bo stay?

Answer is probably not because those guys aren't likely to play immediately.  2023 recruiting is looking very strong so far.  6-6 means nothing on that front.  Texas hasn't won **** in years and is showing you can recruit just fine.

The Texas and Auburn situations are slightly different. U have a coach that was a part of a championship team. Texas still is a big name and will probably get the first look from any kid in the state. Lastly they are willing to spend big money to improve and will be in the SEC soon

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He has a workhorse mentality

The irony here is a great debate took place on this very board just a few seasons ago about how we were running backs into the ground and hurting their shot at the league and how rival coaches were using against us on the recruiting trail. 

Unpopular opinion, but for the system we are going to be running, or any system for that matter, the OL will produce winning running backs. We fix the line, we can plug in just about any talented back (of which we have a few) and win games.

Sure there are guys like Bo and Herschel, but that's not this situation.

I don't want Tank to leave, I think it's terrible for us and is a bad look for the program, but it's not something that we can't fix in the portal and with player development.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

One of the biggest things that worry my, ppl are remembering the 1st few games vs non-SEC teams and 1 play vs PSU.  Starting with Ark he got worked repeatedly running in SEC defenses.  He was blown up a lot.  He'll get bigger and stronger, but I'm not sure he can be "our guy" by himself next year.  Need a back from the portal

Agreed. He is a great north and south runner but didn’t break many talks. I forgot the name of the other back that played some this year but he seemed like a decent runner.

11 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I just checked hoping for morsel of positivity and couldn't find us in the top 50 because we are not in the top 50 but whatever that's a ways off.. Just saying.

Neither is Bama or many other schools.  Most blue chip guys haven't come close to commiting yet.  But we are in on some really big targets early.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s fine, everything is fine. No OC, starting QB and RB leaving, we are ahead of Vandy in recruiting. It’s all part of the master plan. Don’t trust your eyes, trust folks that know so much more than other folks.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

It’s fine, everything is fine. No OC, starting QB and RB leaving, we are ahead of Vandy in recruiting. It’s all part of the master plan. Don’t trust your eyes, trust folks that know so much more than other folks.  

I'm only genuinely concerned about 1 thing on that list. Recruiting.

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'm only genuinely concerned about 1 thing on that list. Recruiting.

A miraculous ending to the recruiting cycle sure would make the other stuff more palatable for me for sure to say the least.  

• Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

A miraculous ending to the recruiting cycle sure would make the other stuff more palatable for me for sure to say the least.  

Would be a game changer. Exactly what this staff needs. They are hitting the road hard, so I'm hoping it pays off. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, e808 said:

The Texas and Auburn situations are slightly different. U have a coach that was a part of a championship team. Texas still is a big name and will probably get the first look from any kid in the state. Lastly they are willing to spend big money to improve and will be in the SEC soon

There are differences, but when the poster said 6-6 will hold us back in recruiting, well that's just not accurate based on results from other schools.  We can go back in time to see this too.

In 2013, AU was coming off of a 3-9 season.  Finished 10th in recruiting.

The biggest difference now is ESD.

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

There are differences, but when the poster said 6-6 will hold us back in recruiting, well that's just not accurate based on results from other schools.  We can go back in time to see this too.

In 2013, AU was coming off of a 3-9 season.  Finished 10th in recruiting.

The biggest difference now is ESD.

Auburn had some pretty good recruiters on that staff though. U also have NIL and the portal to deal with. Also Auburn got lucky Nick worked out and the offense was built for the spread not the pro style 

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I really want to believe that BB.............for the future of AU football sake I hope you're right.

There are only two choices. Trust or doubt. 

Personally, I like CBH's vision. He hasn't said or done anything for me to doubt he can reach his vision

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Can't blame him, Harsin did nearly nothing to help the OL in year one, which everyone knew was going to be a disaster. 

I disagree.  What was he supposed to do to "help" the OL this year?  He schemed as much as he could away from them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

There are only two choices. Trust or doubt. 

Personally, I like CBH's vision. He hasn't said or done anything for me to doubt he can reach his vision

I disagree.  What was he supposed to do to "help" the OL this year?  He schemed as much as he could away from them.

Graduation is the biggest thing that'll help our offensive line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

So moving up to 11th in SEC from 12th in recruiting 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Then research more recent cases where programs are changing coaches and rebuilding. LSU, TCU, Florida, Texas, Oregon, Tennessee, they all have and will continue to have roster turnover as an aftereffect. It sucks and it is frustrating but it is part of any rebuild. 

My response was in connection to what some are saying what happened to Coach Dye in his first two years is totally different now. I am firmly aware of the current landscape.